Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Do you think a silver egg would be worth an unbreedable (besides vampire and neglected of course)? How about if it was a hatchling instead?

Do you think a silver egg would be worth an unbreedable (besides vampire and neglected of course)? How about if it was a hatchling instead?

It completely depends on the lineage of the silver. If it has a decent lineage (such as 2nd gen from common or third gen checker) you can get multiple unbreedables like dinos, a chicken, or vampires, but a messy one wouldn't get you anything unless someone is looking for a silver to freeze and need a hatchling right away.

Edited by dhorne

Asked this too many times before but what would this http://dragcave.net/lineage/3Zaxp be worth?

Not really much, I am afraid. It has a nice lineage but unfortunately there isn't a huge market for PB or, for that matter EG dragons in general, You can ask for 1 or 2 common hatchies but that's about it.

That really can depend a great deal. The fact that it is descended from old pink is valuable to some, but to others they might trade for it due to its BSA. If you want to trade it, see what you get.

What can I get with these little ones? Some have funky codes.

I've been open to all offers but haven't gotten anything @_@ I'm just looking for CB hatchies (or really, anything!) too...

I've been open to all offers but haven't gotten anything @_@ I'm just looking for CB hatchies (or really, anything!) too...

You should get something decent for the green opal. I've traded an opal egg twice and once got a CB Ice for it, the other time a CB Golden Wyvern.

Purple Dorsals I don't think are worth very much, since they're pretty common.

In my experience trying to trade, codes aren't worth very much unless it spells out a real word/phrase/name in 4 or 5 letters (and is CB, unless the code is really exceptional). I believe all-number codes have several collectors who may trade well for them too, although I've never caught one myself. But anything that is three characters out of five, or something that suggests a word or phrase but isn't actually it, palindromes that aren't an actual word, etc... none of these will trade for much more than what the egg is without the code.

You can always check the Code want-list thread to see if anyone in particular is looking for a code you want to trade.

Edited by Tecca

I haven't played dragon cave for a year or so and therefore have missed out on a lot. Time to play catchup and learn the market prices again.

How much are Copper dragons worth nowadays? Would a 2G gold(x brightink, x frilled, x holidays, x other rares?) be worth a CB Copper? Would a 2G silver be worth a CB copper? Would a 2G Avatar (any pairings) be worth a CB Copper?

How much are 2G tinsels worth these days? How much are 2G shimmers worth these days? Are they worth Neglected, CB Gold, CB Silver, CB Copper?

How much are 3G tinsels worth these days? How much are 3G shimmers worth?

How much are CB Neglecteds worth?

Finally: What are considered the rarest dragons these days, and how much do they go for?

Sorry for the outdated questions! Thank you for the time!

How much are Copper dragons worth nowadays? Would a 2G gold(x brightink, x frilled, x holidays, x other rares?) be worth a CB Copper? Would a 2G silver be worth a CB copper? Would a 2G Avatar (any pairings) be worth a CB Copper?

How much are 2G tinsels worth these days? How much are 2G shimmers worth these days? Are they worth Neglected, CB Gold, CB Silver, CB Copper?

Finally: What are considered the rarest dragons these days, and how much do they go for?

Sorry for the outdated questions! Thank you for the time!

Thanks so much, Sany and Tecca! biggrin.gif

Can't answer all your questions (I'm not super experienced at trading myself), so I'll answer the ones I do know tongue.gif

How much are Copper dragons worth nowadays?

People seem to be valuing them around half the value of CB metals - people are offering ~2 coppers for a CB gold/silver. The reds and greens are far more sought after as they appear to be slightly rarer. So they're worth quite a bit.

However, you might be nice enough to find someone who will trade it for lower. I got my CB green copper at a pretty good deal of 2 eggs from any of my dragons (she chose two 2nd gens of 2 CB pairs I had and I gave her a 2nd gen summer silver-fail for free as well).

They're worth arguably the most on this game. From the few CB shimmer/tinsel owners I've messaged, most of them are so overbooked with breeding requests that their lists are closed. However, the only thing I see in common between them in that the ones who aren't completely closed are basically only open to swaps for other 2nd gen prizes.

I've seen up to 5 CB golds/silvers, non-IOU, being offered for 2nd gens, but I see the same people offering it day after day so I really think that most CB prizes are so in demand that most of them are just plain not open right now.

I haven't seen many CB neglecteds up for trade, but they do appear to be worth similar to the value of a CB gold (which worth 1-2 CB silvers), which is worth like a 2nd-3rd gen prize.

Most seem to be wanting multiple 3G for a 2G prize, or a swap for another 3G. Either that, or CB golds/silvers. Otherwise, you'll have to actively search out as I haven't seen many. I myself am trading for a 3g prize with a paper and a cheese but I think I lucked out.

What are considered the rarest dragons these days, and how much do they go for?

I would say 2nd gen prizes, personally. CB neglecteds seem to also go for a lot, but like the 2nd gen prizes, I rarely ever see any up for trade.

I'm assuming hollies must also be worth quite a bit as there's an entire Holly Contest that runs for a whole year where the people who collect the most of a certain breed of dragon (it's purple dorsals this year) will get their pick of a holly egg come Christmas. But it's definitely not worth as much as 2nd-3rd gen prizes.

Someone else feel free to elaborate on this or correct me; this is all stuff I've observed myself over the last 2 or so months that I've been on here tongue.gif

I mostly agree with Iluvia, just a few additions:

Shimmers/tinsels:

The value of shimmers and tinsels does not only depend on generation, but also on lineage type (stairs > spirals), the cb (2014 lines are worth more than older ones) and the mate (lineages with discontinued mates or holidays are worth less because they are harder to continue and easier to breed than lineages with common mates). In general, shimmers seem to be worth slightly more than tinsels (for me, personally, it's the other way around because I don't like the shimmer sprite, but most people tend to value shimmers higher).

Neglecteds:

Actually I think they are worth more than one cb gold. I haven't traded them myself yet, but I see people offering 2-3 cb metals for one. And considering how rarely you see them up for trade, my guess would be they simply go for "best offer of cb metals".

Rarest dragons:

I'd add 2nd gen thuweds to the list, they are also worth multiple cb metals. About hollies, only low-gen ones with nice lineages are worth a lot, the messy ones are becoming more common.

You'd probably get more if you split up the trade. Since purple dorsals are this years holly contest dragon you might be lucky and find someone who'd be willing to breed you something pretty for it. I'd peruse that thread and see if anyone has something you would like and offer them the dorsals for that.

As for the green opal, I've never had much luck trading opals.

What is 5th gen aSilver Shimmer from Xiaonxuan EV XXX x Stripes staircase worth?

Also, a 2nd gen male red copper from silver and a female 2nd gen Green Copper from Gold

I've offered them up for trade, but have gotten 0 offers. I'd assme since all of them are metallics and the coppers are from silver/golds, they must be worth something.

How much are black alts worth?

It depends on the lineage and what you're looking for. If the alt black is a second gen pure breed you can get very good things such as multiple CB uncommons, trio, bsa hatchlings , a 2nd gen silver or a gold, 3rd gen checker gold or silver, CB Copper or unbreedables such as a chicken or dinos. If the lineage is messy you can still get good stuff but in that case it's wiser to ask for best offer and see what you will get.

I think so. tongue.gif It really depends on what both sides want.

And I have a question of my own: I have this CB opal hatchling with all-caps cool code..

Would a CB ice be a better offer, or a 4th gen shimmer (x hellfire)? I can't decide which one I want @_@

I think a CB Ice is worth a bit more, since people trade shimmers everywhere. It depends on what you want though, a CB Ice is nice to start/continue a lineage with, but the shimmer is a pretty lineage that you can easily continue. And they're both considered to be rare.

It is a really tough choice indeed!

How many Red Hatchlings would this be able to get?

And what about an offspring from this one?

For the golden wyvern, 1 if you're lucky. Or a low time egg maybe.

For the shimmer, 1 if you're very lucky. That's a rather common lineage and it's 8th gen.

Anyone want to venture an opinion on what a CB Gold is worth these days?

Specifically, how many CB Hatchies of new releases for a CB Gold???

Any ideas welcome.

Anyone want to venture an opinion on what a CB Gold is worth these days?

Specifically, how many CB Hatchies of new releases for a CB Gold???

Any ideas welcome.

New release hatchies are always a gamble, so I'd err on the side of caution and ask for 10-20 depending on my gut feeling. After all, if you can get a cb gold, you can get anything else precisely the same way wink.gif