Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

For an IOU of a 2g pumpkin or marrow (strictly hypothetically... of course >> << ) what is a fair offer? I can breed 5g prizes and 2g metals, and catch nearly anything, but it occurred to me I'm not really sure if I'm over or under offering.

HYPOTHETICALLY. Yes.

For an IOU of a 2g pumpkin or marrow (strictly hypothetically... of course >> << ) what is a fair offer? I can breed 5g prizes and 2g metals, and catch nearly anything, but it occurred to me I'm not really sure if I'm over or under offering.

HYPOTHETICALLY. Yes.

I trade for 2nd gen Purebred Marrow IOUs all year round. Usually 4th gen Prizes or 2nd gen Metals work 1:1 (I ask for hatchling IOUs though, so it's likely to be easier to find trades for eggs). Not sure about Pumpkins, maybe their value would be the same, but it might be more difficult to find people with CBs.

I trade for 2nd gen Purebred Marrow IOUs all year round. Usually 4th gen Prizes or 2nd gen Metals work 1:1 (I ask for hatchling IOUs though, so it's likely to be easier to find trades for eggs). Not sure about Pumpkins, maybe their value would be the same, but it might be more difficult to find people with CBs.

Okay, it seems like I'm at least offering reasonably, and mention that I can always add if need be. Over offering doesn't bother me as much as under offering -- because I hate trading and would rather be done with it quickly than haggle XD

Thanks for the input!

Edited by psyrae

I think the new release isn't helping, but I just want to double check: Would two CB Blusang hatchlings and a CB Magma egg be fair trade for a CB Green Copper egg? What would be fair?

I think the new release isn't helping, but I just want to double check: Would two CB Blusang hatchlings and a CB Magma egg be fair trade for a CB Green Copper egg? What would be fair?

Add another CB Blusang/Trio/UB might be a fair trade but I doubt anyone would trade a CB Green Copper for it. The difficulty of catching a Copper and a Blusang/Magma is very different. I see at least a Blusang every hour when I'm hunting at the coast, and even more magmas when I'm at the volcano. green coppers are... well, one usually appears within three hours.

I have a cheese, a tan ridgewing and my sister have a chicken (she gave to me but it's on CD) and I'm thinking in trade them for trios, specially ice and magma. Do you think they can be trade 1:1?

I also have a CB brown copper, do they value more than one trio egg?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Tan ridgewing, less than a trio, but not by much

Brown copper, more than a trio, maybe could get a couple of trios? Not sure since GON are breedable now.

Cheese and chicken, I don't know, maybe a 1:1 , but I'm not sure. Stick them in thread for a few days see what offers you get, it's not like you have to worry about the time getting too low to influence them. wink.gif

If you're not looking for cb trios, you can get more than that - I'd even say you can easily get a whole set of BRED trios for the copper, and 2 trios for the chicken and cheese each.

If you're not looking for cb trios, you can get more than that - I'd even say you can easily get a whole set of BRED trios for the copper, and 2 trios for the chicken and cheese each.

I got a whole set of PB 2G Trios for a CB Blusang some time ago. I reckon a CB Copper can get you two sets blink.gif

How much would this go for? It's a 2nd gen nebula gonkin with a purple father.

EDIT: Thanks Tawanda!

Edited by Avarule

True about the bred trios. All I was considering were CB's. Habit I think, sorry.

I don't think the nebby will fetch much as an egg, but if it goes purple as a hatchie you should be able to get something fairly decent, but not crazy, out of it. BSA hatchies, an unbreedable, maybe a nicely bred metal, things of that nature.

What could this egg go for?

EGG

*Glances at lineage*

6th gen Silver staircase? I'd say it wouldn't go for much, maybe a couple CB hatchies, since it's a longer lineage... But hey, go out and ask for something else you had in mind, doesn't hurt to try, right?

How many Red BSA hatchlings would be fair to ask for a 2nd gen Avatar egg? Also, are GoN x Trio the most "popular" pairing, or would it be better to offer to breed a requested pairing?

How many Red BSA hatchlings would be fair to ask for a 2nd gen Avatar egg? Also, are GoN x Trio the most "popular" pairing, or would it be better to offer to breed a requested pairing?

Offering to breed will usually appeal to more people, but I think it would depend on several things...

-choice of mates because if you can breed with something other people can't breed for themselves, like gold or silver, then you should be able to get a bit more for it

-does it make a difference if the reds are cb or not? if you aren't picky you can get more

-are you willing to take IOUs or prepared to wait a while for people to gather and hatch reds?

If you're looking for a quick trade of CB reds then say a fairly small number, 2-3, depending. If you can wait and don't mind messy lineage, maybe as many as 6 or more for a nice pairing

What are cheeses, papers, and/or chickens currently worth?

Other unbreedables, BSA hatchlings, a handful of CB hatchlings, uh, something like that.

I have a question about Trading, but it's not 'what do I get/offer for blah' - it's how do I find people interested in trading arrow and double or triple arrow Shimmers/Tinsels?

I have 2 CB yulebucks, a CB bright pink, and a CB female silver.

What can I get by breeding those with -any other cb of your choice-?

Also, what are 4th gen (and 5th gen) shimmers worth, besides "shimmerswaps"?

And what does it take to get a CB silver or a CB gold?

Thanks!

Edited by lluvia

What can i get for 2 Gen PB Alt Vine?

I got a cb red copper for one a couple of months ago, but I was surprised that worked out. I often got offers like 4th gen prizes. An unbreedable should also be possible.

I have 2 CB yulebucks, a CB bright pink, and a CB female silver.

What can I get by breeding those with -any other cb of your choice-?

Also, what are 4th gen (and 5th gen) shimmers worth, besides "shimmerswaps"?

And what does it take to get a CB silver or a CB gold?

Thanks!

Offspring of the cb bright pink is only interesting for collectors, and there's a thread with people who own discontinued breeds and old holidays who offer to breed them for free, so don't expect too much for bright pink and non-holiday yulebuck offspring - maybe a couple of cb hatchies or BSA hatchies.

I guess you can trade 2nd gen yulebucks for something nice, especially when you plan the trade a couple of weeks before christmas and offer free choice of the mate smile.gif You could put a note in your signature after Halloween and ask people to contact you. Not sure about the exact value though.

Trading for cb metals is not easy, since people who catch them can also catch anything else. So your best bet is to get your hands on something valueable that is not available by hunting the cave. I got a cb silver for 6 cb spring hatchies (influenced as 3 pairs) after the seasons had switched to summer - I locked myself with cb spring eggs during the last 2 days of spring, let them go ER and traded them as influenced hatchies when they were no longer available in the cave. That was the only cb metal silver I managed to trade for, though.

3rd gen prizes can get you a cb metal, some people even trade them for 2 cb metals. A 2nd gen thuwed can get you multiple cb metals, if you manage to get on the list. Or a neglected, if you manage to make one, also can get you multiple cb metals. Multiple 2nd gen avatars from a mate of choice might work for a silver. Perfect word-codes sometimes go for cb metals (usually only when the egg is cb or has a really nice lineage), but code-trading is sort of special and you can just as easily get stuck without offers.

I don't trade shimmers, but I think 5th gens are worth no more than a couple of hatchies. I often get offered 4th gens when I have a low-gen alt black or vine up for trade.

Edit: I tend to forget that coppers are metals, too...

Edited by Ha-Ki

I have a question about  Trading, but it's not 'what do I get/offer for blah' - it's how do I find people interested in trading arrow and double or triple arrow Shimmers/Tinsels?

I love that kind of stuff... I don't do trading though! But I wonder if there should be an "unusual lineages" type thread, for lineages that aren't the normal stair/spiral/even but are obviously intentional in shape (i.e. not messy).

Edited by diaveborn

What is a CB two headed lindwurm generally worth? And is there a difference for purple and green, or are they worth the same?

Also, is there a certain color of gendered nebula that's worth more than others?