Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What has happened to the value of 3G prizes? Are they suddenly worth nothing?

I've been trying to trade various ones for either a CB Gold or an ND for the last few weeks, and getting absolutely no bites. Just had to gift a 3G Gold Shimmer the other day due to not getting any offers. Normally I'm able to trade them away in just a few hours...

Edited by Erica8798

What has happened to the value of 3G prizes? Are they suddenly worth nothing?

I've been trying to trade various ones for either a CB Gold or an ND for the last few weeks, and getting absolutely no bites. Just had to gift a 3G Gold Shimmer the other day due to not getting any offers. Normally I'm able to trade them away in just a few hours...

There's multiple things at work here.

1) 2013 vs. 2014 lines. Many collectors go for the newer lines.

2) a current draught. In my observation metallics are even harder to catch than usual.

3) im not sure how many people even still bother making nds. They definitely are not the hottest commodity to trade aay right now.

Concurring with metal drought, I've had trade issues as well and I feel 3g prizes are probably outnumbering CB metals.

Concurring with metal drought, I've had trade issues as well and I feel 3g prizes are probably outnumbering CB metals.

I've been trading 4g prizes for CB springs in a 1:1 or 1:2 and it seemed like not many people were interested? I thought 4gs are either priced metals or 2-3 UBs!

I've been trading 4g prizes for CB springs in a 1:1 or 1:2 and it seemed like not many people were interested? I thought 4gs are either priced metals or 2-3 UBs!

The main problem: It's the end of the season. Many need to still stock up, and others wont be hunting for them anymore as next week, it'll be summer.

Even if people would want to do it as IOU, with one week left - bad idea. So you'll see less trades.

as for 4gs: you won't get CB metals for those, unless its a really rare/pretty/gold line or a really crazy breeder. And even then, it's not at all a guarantee, as we are having hard times trading our 3gs off for 1 CB Metal.

What is 4th gen shimmer like this worth? I'm not a shimmer collector and I'm not sure if I want to trade it away or keep it and use next gens as trade fodders... I'm usually interested in stuff like metals, cb hatchies or (well, yes) avatars. Is it worth anything?

I wish I could answer that, but I don't believe in set values. Can we talk in a day or so ? (I am about to be AFK for 36 hours or more...)

I would CERTAINLY be interested smile.gif

What is 4th gen shimmer like this worth? I'm not a shimmer collector and I'm not sure if I want to trade it away or keep it and use next gens as trade fodders... I'm usually interested in stuff like metals, cb hatchies or (well, yes) avatars. Is it worth anything?

I'm pretty sure that I got the same lineage for a 2nd gen Avatar. I'm not sure if it was a fair trade, but I was really happy with it.

I'm pretty sure that I got the same lineage for a 2nd gen Avatar. I'm not sure if it was a fair trade, but I was really happy with it.

Thanks smile.gif

Fuzzbucket - sure. It's similar with me, I'll influence and hatch it because I'm going to be too time-limited to trade it before Monday. I got some RL matters to attend to smile.gif

Welll?

The Avatar is messy and with any messy lineage when put up for trade will just not fetch much at all, now a messy neglected is probably a different subject. ;p

The holly itself is seen as an imperfection because the original pairing (White x Silver) starts off being a spiral, but when it turns into a holly they switch it up to a stairstep. Now adding a 2g Avatar with the pairing destroys it being a ""stairstep"". On top of that people tend to like 2-breed lineage (exception being hybrids) and the lineage has 5 excluding the avatar.

Your best bet is to hope for a CB Common Hatchie, but even that I don't think you would get. Someone that would want that lineage for an avatar would most likely be someone that wants it for freezing, and if not, does not have an avatar themselves. I don't see it going for something like a CB Gold Wyvern.

If your other avatars are like this, then that is probably why you're not getting any offers. If you have other 2g Avatars I suggest breeding them with avatar fails to make some sort of "checker" or breed it with other Avatars that way you DO get offers. :3

Welll?

a cb hatchie, maybe two. its messy, so only use is for freezing.

a cb hatchie, maybe two. its messy, so only use is for freezing.

There are also people who collect sprites and don't care about lineages. But I agree, it's not worth much.

Newbie here, wondering if I could get a bit of help. smile.gif

I only know a little bit about breeding and rarities, but to keep it short, would a silver tinsel be fair to a silver shimmer? And would a gold shimmer be fair towards a gold tinsel? Would anything need to be added to either side, or is it far from fair and pretty much not possible?

If you aren't picky about lineages, then trading one for the other shouldn't be hard. There are also many users who gift longer-lineaged and messy Tinsels/Shimmers.

A lot of traders use the lineage as a way to compare values, not so much color. Although, I am not sure how same-gen Prizes compare to each other.

I only know a little bit about breeding and rarities, but to keep it short, would a silver tinsel be fair to a silver shimmer? And would a gold shimmer be fair towards a gold tinsel? Would anything need to be added to either side, or is it far from fair and pretty much not possible?

Yeah as Rulenne said a lot of people will gift prizes (often long gen). If you don't care about lineages and you're much better off trying to snatch one off in one of the gifting threads than trading for swaps (especially if what you're trying to swap is messy).

You can get free eggs for free once they're on teleports: Departures thread

You can take an egg, but after taking an egg you have to leave an egg for others: Take an egg-Leave and egg thread

smile.gif

Edited by Saynna

If you do not mind lineage or length of generation drop me a pm as will definitely will breed you some for free smile.gif

I just caught a Cheese egg. Can I trade it for anything cool?

Was there anything specific you were looking for? You could likely swap it for another unbreedable (dino, paper, etc), maybe some other CB uncommon breed, or a few hatchies.

Edited by TheGrox

Is a CB Blusang worth a CB Ice? Because I have a CB Blusang and no one seems to be interested in it. sad.gif

Is a CB Blusang worth a CB Ice? Because I have a CB Blusang and no one seems to be interested in it. sad.gif

It's definitely worth a trio, there might be temporary difficulty with trading for trios due to their demand post avatar release, but rest assured a blusang is definitely good enough 1:1 trade for cb ice.

It's definitely worth a trio, there might be temporary difficulty with trading for trios due to their demand post avatar release, but rest assured a blusang is definitely good enough 1:1 trade for cb ice.

Wow, great! Thank you for the help! biggrin.gif

Trying to assist a friend get a curled alt black hatchling (any lineage) for freezing. My 25+ attempts have fallen through.

What would be fair and tempting offers to try to get one? Bred or caught cave just so I can try another avenue of attempting to get one.

Trying to assist a friend get a curled alt black hatchling (any lineage) for freezing. My 25+ attempts have fallen through.

What would be fair and tempting offers to try to get one? Bred or caught cave just so I can try another avenue of attempting to get one.

I think that's the wrong approach, because what you want is so specific. It's going to be difficult to find someone who is interested in what you're offering and has the curled alt at hand at the same time. Instead of putting up a trade "Have X want curled alt black hatchie" you're probably better off stalking the trading threads and offering on trades you find.

I sometimes play alt lotto with blacks and vines from the AP and use them as trade fodder, I got stuff like multiple BSA hatchies, a 4th gen prize, a cb trio or a cb copper for them (I was surprised the last one worked out though). The messier the lineage, the cheaper they are.

As far as I know there are phases where almost all alts are sitting ones and phases where you almost exclusively get curled ones. Not sure which one we have currently though. Oh, and cb blacks never alt, only bred ones do that.

Ah right, I will have to stalk the trading threads instead of the AP for once then tongue.gif Hopefully my efforts to keep trying for myself will work but any shortcuts can only be a bonus biggrin.gif

From briefly looking this morning many alt vines to be had and perhaps their time?