Dr. Paine

Description comments

Z'Do the Hokey Pokey (red):

Hokey likes to put his left foot in, take his left foot out, put his left foot in, and shake it all about. He then repeats the process with each of his other feet, his tail and his head, all the while humming some very ear-catching music to himself. The other dragons give him a wide berth when they see him doing this as they really dislike having that song stuck in their heads for hours after.

Accept: YOU DO THE HOKEY POKEY AND YOU TURN YOURSELF AROUND - THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT sad.gif -DT

Reject:

Thanks, Tabs! Now it's stuck in my head... tongue.gif

That's a wonderful day brightener! Don't mind having that song stuck at all! xd.png

Okay, recently got two more on the agents (plus one on the Ouendan, but I'll not share that one 'cause reasons). Warning: Spoilers Inbound.

A solemn dragon, Derek is a member of the Elite Beat Clan. He, along with Morris, act as backup along side Spin, J, and Chieftain during their missions. It isn't very common, but he is also sent on solo missions as well. He is able to keep up with anyone's dance moves and follow them on-key.

Despite these few facts, very little is known about Derek. In fact, many wonder if Derek is his real name or if it's just a codename. However, it is a secret between him, the EBA Clan, and Kim, and they aren't telling anyone anytime soon.

User Comments

Accept: Too bad nabbing "Agent J" is difficult, eh? -DT

Accept:

Yeah, that's kind of why I had to put "EBA" next to J's name. It's virtually impossible to get that one.

An even-tempered and calm dragon, Morris is a member of the Elite Beat Clan. He, along with Derek, act as backup along side Spin, J, and Chieftain during their missions. It isn't very common, but he is also sent on solo missions as well. He is able to keep up with anyone's dance moves and follow them on-key.

Despite these few facts, very little is known about Morris. In fact, many wonder if Morris is his real name or if it's just a codename. However, it is a secret between him, the EBA Clan, and Kim, and they aren't telling anyone anytime soon.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: You know what the BEST level was? Obviously, the one with the nurse white blood cell and licentious virus. Must be played with the agents. HILARIOUS THIGH STROKING and BUTT WIGGLING... ugh... -DT

Accept:

*laughs into the sunset* I didn't really mind that one, to be honest. Even if it's a little funny with the dance moves. It's the final level on Hard Rock difficulty that gets my goat (Also: Playing as Kahn in general... Just... No. Too mentally scarring for me).

Hodgesaargh is a scarred, sometimes bleeding, one-horned dragon who keeps falcons and other birds of prey. Usually, when he talks to someone or moves his attention off the bird on his arm, it will take that opportunity to peck some scales off him. Nevertheless, he isn't interested in settling with a spouse because he loves his job and his birds more than anything else. They do not love him, which is unfortunate but the natural order of things. They're predators with sharp beaks and claws for a reason, and the reason is "to hurt Hodgesaargh". All of his birds, save for the meek and short-sighted lappet-faced worrier, have taken a liking to causing harm to him, and it doesn't have any effect on his hopeful, positive attitude.

Accept: What an interesting fellow! Shame about his birds wanting to hurt him...

Accept: heheheh... you chose...wisely! Terry Pratchett fans, all the way! By the way, are you Elvish, by any chance?

No, I'm not. That I work at a fish shop is a coincidence. smile.gif

Earth Beetle resides in a big lake of magma, at the bed. He has this huge, light green jewel that he wears on his back, but not much is known about him or his prized gem because he resides in a big lake of magma, at the bed. Perhaps he really likes the jewel because it's large and sturdy, or it matches his eyes, or it has sentimental value, or perhaps it's plain dragon instinct for shiny stuff. Anyway, although Earth Beetle can't see a thing when immersed in magma, it's one of the safest places to stay and evade capture. Sometimes he wonders what his better half, Heaven Beetle, is up to.

Abstain: What is "the bed"? Also, repetitive.

You know, a lake bed.

Ravaged Con loves rearranging letters in words and phrases to make different, existing words and phrases. Many humans do something similar if their language permits, but they rearrange to find mystical meanings behind things, while Ravaged Con just wants to have nonsensical fun and maybe pretend to give things meaning with her creations. She lives in rat foes and eats togas on most weeks; sometimes she has bat rib. While she has many red fins, she is often on ale and values elfs-contrite-prose. She's had many hot alpine sirs and no long-term team, and she intends to keep it that way.

Accept: "many hot alpine sirs" pfffft. How did I know this was your description, Tabsy? -ET

Strong intuition and magic!

TJ builds contraptions of metal, wood, and resin that can do a number of interesting things, though its favorite seems to be dragon-shaped toys with movable limbs. They can be repositioned by hand, though a burst of electricity can keep the parts moving on their own for a few seconds. It's said a number of times that its goal is to one day create a machine that can "think". The little dragon hangs out with hatchlings because of their love for the toys it makes and also because the adults find its behavior strange, calling it "emotionless and stiff" and describing its speech as "tinny", "stilted", and "terse". Even the pair of electrics who first discovered it wandering around on its own say they're sometimes unnerved by their adoptee's actions. TJ appears to care not at all about the opinions of others and continues to craft devices and entertain its playmates.

Accept: Freaking perfect. 10/10 Must Snuggle.

No, YOU'RE freaking perfect. 10/10 will quote again.

No, I'm not. That I work at a fish shop is a coincidence. smile.gif

You know, a lake bed.

Strong intuition and magic!

No, YOU'RE freaking perfect. 10/10 will quote again.

Hehe ;D

I read the description and as I was trying to process it, ("hot alpine sirs" broke my brain) I was like 'I bet this is Tabs.' and checked the dragon. Sure enough, it was the glorious punderful dirtytabs.

Edited by EternallyShadow

This stubborn Almandine dragon known as Mistakes has rejected more than half of the mates given to him. The dragon keeper keeps bringing new females to see if he will like them - but he always rejects them with a flippant wave of his tail and stalks off.

Who knows, maybe one day, Mistakes will find a mate - until then, he'll keep rejecting them and driving the dragon keeper crazy.

Accept: Well, Shadow, how about I try to hook you up with a few potential mates every week biggrin.gif -DT

•Accept:

ehehehehehh

Nominative chews this... thing. It's soft latex plus some other yucky stuff he digs out of trees, and he puts it in his mouth and chews it. Chew and chew and chew. He claims it aids concentration and is good for his stomach, but other wyverns find it gross. He doesn't even swallow it; he spits it out after an hour. What a time-waster. The walls deep in his cave are dotted with chewed-up goop. For some reason, he's trying to develop a way to blow bubbles with this stuff.

Accept: chicle! It comes from the sapodilla trees that grow here! smile.gif

\o/

Aided by magic, Land Jaws can move sand around as if it were flowing water. He "swims" through it, slowly, slowly, towards his target. Duuuh-dun. Duuuh-dun. Duuuh-dun. Duuuh-dun... And he approaches, faster and faster, unnoticed by the hapless victim - dun dun dun dun dun doo dedoo doo dedoo dede doo dede doo dededoo... then the dragon rises out of the ground and yanks the victim under, where it's killed swiftly and mercifully. Underground, Land Jaws eats in safety. Yum.

Accept: Duh-dun

Accept: Nomnomnom. -ET

Accept: APPROVE

\o/ \o/ \o/

Morporkia's favourite hobby is SINGING. Not "singing". "SINGING". VERY LOUDLY. Those hairless apes come up with some great patriotic stuff, and Morporkia loves to join in by broadcasting her not-amazingly-good but spirited mental singing. She has a habit of forgetting the words after the first verse, though - then her singing is subdued mumbling. She hopes nobody notices.

Accept: Morporkia! Morporkia! Morporkia owns the day!

Accept: Hehe, I quite enjoyed this description, it made me laugh too x3 Very well done.

One internet for you each. biggrin.gif

\o/

*bows* It's VERY sticky in its native form. It took me two days to get the stuff off my teeth once when I bit into a force-ripened sapodilla. rolleyes.gif

This is the best description I've ever written and I'm disappointed nobody has commented on it.

Somehow, when this stubborn little Soulpeace hatched, the first thing she heard with her eggcelent hearing was someone making a horrible pun. After that, the hatching hated puns with a passion. And of course, her distaste of jokes have her the unfortunate dragon to get a name such as 'Tab's Puns Are Punderful.' Now, she doesn't think that's punny at all, and she isn't happy with the dragon keeper who named her.

But she'll have to deal with bad puns around her for the rest of her life, apparently. For now, she's just going to avoid two of the local Frostbite dragons, 'I tried to catch some fog' and 'I mist.' She just wants these puns to leaf her alone!

Accept:

•Accept:

I haven't seen it in the queue yet, but having a little theme usually gets a comment. Usually about their disapproval of puns.

Also, "Tabs' ". You need more than one Tab there. smile.gif

Shakespeare the worded storm, or Shakespeare for short, loves books from a famous playwright and speaks in playwright style. By giving him a play or book in that style you can get him to cooperate with you. He spends most of the time in his cave until the evening and he is one of the bravest of storm dragons.

Accept: what a nerd of a dragon.

And he is very proud of it too, though technically speaking he wouldn't know what nerd means.

Edited by Nightwatcher

OK, I admit this description is on the short side:

GudWun is a real team player. She always compliments others on good moves and smart comments they make.

But I don't think it merits this reject:

Reject: Well, tell us something more than just facts!

Am I missing something? Since when is it insufficient to offer additional facts about our dragons that shows them as individuals amongst their breed?

I don't understand what the comment means, but maybe the reviewer thinks the description's too short. The description's fine.

This dragon truly believes that she is a piece of bread. While a certain Ochredrake that lives in the same cave tells her she cannot possibly be a piece of bread, she disagrees, stating that "My dad's name is Toasted Grammar, I must be a piece of toast! And toast is bread!" She would give the same argument every time. And, unlike said Ochredrake, no one tries to eat her. She also has no sense of grammar.

Accept: Good enough to eat!

Come back from hiatus, and get a chuckle. Yessss.

This dragon has always felt disappointed and inferior that he was unable to do magic, jealously observing the White dragons with their amazing healing skills or the Magi with their various spells. So when he heard of a Kwikspell course that would be able to teach him, naturally he sent over a pidgeon with his stash of gold coins and received a bag of powerful mana crystals and an instruction booklet in return. His wife and daughters tried to warn him that Mint dragons can't do magic, but his life-long desire was too strong. Skipping all the boring household spells, the first thing he wanted to try was to create fire. Well, he did, but something in the combination of mana crystals went terribly wrong: a massive explosion followed, taking down half the cave with him. As his daughter ran to the cave in terror of the devastation before her, her undead dad emerged from the rubble yelling nothing but "I did it! I did it!"

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: dead.

Someone's first encounter with a Zombie dragon rolleyes.gif

Magairle's family of Silvers and Guardians has been the ruling clan in Alba for centuries, living in balance with the other clans, but ageing leaders and lack of eggs has left them with strong enemies on all sides and less and less strength to fight them with. New breeds from other continents are migrating into Alba from every direction, strange dragons with toxic spikes or magical prowess, putting a strain on the available food.

As one of the younger and virile males in the family, Magairle is expected to revitalize the clan. Choosing a strong Guardian as his mate, success seemed guaranteed... but month after month they failed. Even worse, the constant failures leave him with little appetite to try again. Though proud and boisterous in his youth, he has become withdrawn and ashamed due to his inability to breed successfully, and dreads the moment his mate calls him to her cave once more.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: I'd like to know how the story continues. smile.gif

I don't think a detailed sequel would fit DC's terms and conditions xd.png Oh wait maybe it wasn't that part you wanted the sequel off. Yes, story will be continued!

And also found:

Andato's appearance is not as gentle as most Whites; his body is sturdy and stocky build, the feathers on his wings rough and discoloured by salty wind or burning sun on the long journeys he makes. Like Heracleides he carries with him a staff of old olive, a relic of his homeland. Although now a fully accepted member of clan Dealain, he will often go missing for months, travelling the width and length of Alba and Northymbra for no apparent reason. Sometimes he goes even farther, but will never speak of where he went.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: Very detailed and in a nice short message! I could actually see this babe in the sky flying in his journeys.

Thank you! smile.gif Edited by Mirhana

Nice comments, Mirhana! (Though no one noticed your d in pigeon xd.png )

The Gazebo sleeps on hills in well-tended gardens, remaining completely immobile to all but the most stubborn pests. He is generally pacifistic - more likely lazy - his hard scales and thin magic barrier make him impervious to damage from most weapons and allow him to keep sleeping. However, if bothered for too long by the same person, he will wake and pursue the attacker until he gets a meal.

Accept:

Accept: No one can help you. You must face The Gazebo alone. Haha, great desc! ~E

! biggrin.gif I wish I could do the Gazebo description on a white dragon, but it doesn't fit the personality of the breed.

Tears of the Bazaar is a Misery Mummy. All of the Misery Mummies in his community are empathetic and patient listeners, and he's no different. His job now involves sitting among a bunch of proofreaders reviewing pieces of writing for the Records Room. They're an angry bunch. Every so often, one will politely call on him, show him what they're reading, and criticize it for as long as they want, to blow off steam:

"Tears, over here. Here is a six-line run-on sentence about a dragon who's totally devoted to her spouse. Oh, this is awful."

"This one is just some song lyrics, word-for-word. That's called PLAGIARISM!"

"'Mate to blah.' That's it! I'm sick of explaining why things like this are unacceptable. I just want to shred these!"

"Look, Tears! NOT ONCE HAS A COMMA BEEN USED CORRECTLY!"

...And so on. He will sometimes give words of encouragement to the irritable editors, but he usually just sits, looking solemn and hoping his glowing presence keeps them from becoming too distraught.

Accept: Thank you Tears for keeping reviewers company. smile.gif

Accept:

And thank you for being a reviewer, whoever you are. smile.gif

This one got a bunch of accepts with no comment, but I wanna share it:

Love Means is the leader of a small band of motley nocturnal dragons who commemorate summer solstice by going ankle- to chest-deep in Lake Hauro. Summer solstice is the longest day of the year in their region and begins the portion of the year when nights get longer. According to Love Means, the longer and longer nights "are there to make up for the loss of dark" that happens every summer, and the way to celebrate the "lost dark" is by wading in Hauro and performing rites during the night, especially when both moons shine brightly. Between the winter and summer solstices, the dragons do not meet at all. It's a tradition Love Means and his close friends and ancestors have followed for as long as he can remember, and he will continue that tradition for as long as he lives. He and his group call themselves the Waders of the Lost Dark.

@Lagie Did you know, I honestly believed it was spelled pidgeon but I checked my Oxford English Dictionary and apparently I'm archaic xd.png Or at least my English is, which, given the fact that I usually read stuff like George Elliot and the Bronte sisters, is hardly surprising. Fixed it now, thank you!

@Dirtytabs, Ooooh, a Munchkin description! Why did I never think of that, I love it!

Daicheil possesses an almost feminine beauty, his skin a rainbow of delicate shades of white and cream. His eyes are a deep blue, and his staff was selected for its elegant wood rather than any magical properties. Always more interested in his own appearance than learning to heal, on the rare occasions Daicheil's healing skills are called upon he tends to do more damage than good. He even manages to vanish bones completely rather than heal them. Unsurprisingly though he has managed to attract a pretty female White of a prestigious lineage.

User Comments

Accept: He isn't by any chance Professor Lockhart turned into a dragon? biggrin.gif

He wasn't initially but when I tried to think of healing gone wrong I instantly had to think of Harry's floppy arm xd.png

Edited by Mirhana

Daicheil possesses an almost feminine beauty, his skin a rainbow of delicate shades of white and cream. His eyes are a deep blue, and his staff was selected for its elegant wood rather than any magical properties. Always more interested in his own appearance than learning to heal, on the rare occasions Daicheil's healing skills are called upon he tends to do more damage than good. He even manages to vanish bones completely rather than heal them. Unsurprisingly though he has managed to attract a pretty female White of a prestigious lineage.

User Comments

Accept: He isn't by any chance Professor Lockhart turned into a dragon? biggrin.gif

He wasn't initially but when I tried to think of healing gone wrong I instantly had to think of Harry's floppy arm xd.png

Bahahahahaha love it! xd.png

EDIT: Has anybody else described their Welcome dragons? Much to my own amusement, I gave "Welcome to Sylph264's Scroll" a description. tongue.gif

Edited by Sylph264

@Sylph264 Yes, me too! I have Failte Gu Alba (Welcome to Scotland) who's described as a map, and I still need to write a description for Welcome To This Scroll, a Guardian who'll be the gracious host smile.gif

Unfolded, this large paper dragon forms half of a map showing the ancient land called Alba. It consists of a mountainous area surrounded by rocky islands and wild sea. In the top left corner is a red dot marked "Mirhana's cottage", surrounded by small pictures of dragons denoting various clans and families. Four clans of Guardians and Silvers, proud and stubborn, live near the coast in the north-west. Several large families of other mountain breeds live deeper in the Highlands. Their territory is dotted with packs of water and forest dragons inhabiting the lochs and woods. On the snowy mountain peaks lives a family of Winter and Ice dragons, cold-hearted and haughty they mix only with their own kind. Clan Dealain and the Frosts have taken the fertile central valleys. A few arrogant Golds aside, they are peace-loving and meek. Various Blacks and their family occupy the rough islands to the north; raiders and warriors, they are a menace to the other clans.

And also have Tour Guide, who has an approved description.

This dragon loves nothing better than showing visitors the mountains and glens surrounding Mirhana's cottage. Along with two other Paper dragons, each forming one half of a map of Alba, he takes people on hikes through the Highlands, recounting the history of the land as he goes and pointing out particularly dramatic landscapes.

Got another comment on Undead Dad and two blank rejects rolleyes.gif Oh well.

This dragon has always felt disappointed and inferior that he was unable to do magic, jealously observing the White dragons with their amazing healing skills or the Magi with their various spells. So when he heard of a Kwikspell course that would be able to teach him, naturally he sent over a pigeon with his stash of gold coins and received a bag of powerful mana crystals and an instruction booklet in return. His wife and daughters tried to warn him that Mint dragons can't do magic, but his life-long desire was too strong. Skipping all the boring household spells, the first thing he wanted to try was to create fire. Well, he did, but something in the combination of mana crystals went terribly wrong: a massive explosion followed, taking down half the cave with him. As his daughter ran to the cave in terror of the devastation before her, her undead dad emerged from the rubble yelling nothing but "I did it! I did it!".

User Comments

Reject:

Accept: *shudders* That last line is creepy, bro.

Reject:

Edited by Mirhana

No idea why people gave your description a reject- it's fantastic! Possibly disturbing to the faint of heart, but not reject-worthy. I love your two other descriptions as well. smile.gif

Here's my description of Welcome to Sylph264's Scroll:

Welcome to Sylph264's Scroll is a very strange hatchling. At a young age, she found a piece of parchment belonging to a human by the name of Sylph264 that chronicled information about various dragons and decided to return it. Upon finding the human she had grown quite attached to the colorfully illuminated paper and was reluctant to part with it. She did return the scroll but now insists upon following the human around, chirping "Welcome to Sylph264's Scroll!" to anybody who should view it.

Sylph264 is strongly considering leashing the irritating hatchling to a tree in an attempt to lose it in her travels.

Those lovely moments when somebody abstains instead of accepts because they want to tell you that you misspelled a word that you actually spelled right. -.-

Boa had long been one of the females that threw themselves at the handsome Lord Myst, hoping to catch his eye, but today there was a new desperation in the throng. When she joined them, crushing others to win a spot nearest him, she saw it immediately.

Lord Myst had never paid them any mind, but today, saddened glint in his eyes, he carefully strode among them. That he was looking for a mate couldn't have been more clear.

Boa wasted no time in clearing a space for herself. Lashing with tooth, claw, and tail, she fought to the Lord and presented herself. She bowed low, as was custom, before turning in blatant invitation. The other dragonesses hissed.

Lord Myst paused, then slowly circled her. He'd taken so long she began to despair when his wings unfurled and he sprang from the ground. Trumpeting victory, she followed.

The pain was nothing compared to the fierce joy, and upon laying his egg and claiming the title Lady, Boa immediately began plotting how to use her newfound power.

Abstain: new-found

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Newfound doesn't need a hyphen. Look it up! Grrr.

So, the first dragon I 'changed' was the first dragon on my scroll, and she's none too pleased about it:

It was Hallowe'en again, that mysterious time of year when dragons and humans alike donned disguises and wandered about trying to collect treats. Welcome to Lagie's Scroll had decided she wasn't going to participate this year so she was lurking about watching all the others and musing over how different they all looked in their holiday 'finery'. She hadn't gone too far from her cave when she felt a wet something drop over her. She tried to shake it off but it seeped down her scales and oozed over her entire body before finally stopping. She could feel something ... strange ... happening to her body. She raced to the nearest body of still water and was astonished at her appearance. Gone were her lovely minty scales; she was now a pale, smooth, larger dragon, and she was not happy about it. She hoped this was a temporary situation!

Accept: THE MINTS ARE CREEPING ME OUT! -DT

Accept: Nice! - Stella

I'm going to have to resubmit it due to a missed capitalization! rolleyes.gif

No idea why people gave your description a reject- it's fantastic! Possibly disturbing to the faint of heart, but not reject-worthy. I love your two other descriptions as well. smile.gif

Here's my description of Welcome to Sylph264's Scroll:

Those lovely moments when somebody abstains instead of accepts because they want to tell you that you misspelled a word that you actually spelled right. -.-

Newfound doesn't need a hyphen. Look it up! Grrr.

Love your welcome description too smile.gif Isn't newfound/new-found a British vs. American English thing?

@Lagie the poor Mint! xd.png

Yellow Colossus likes to steal books. She cannot read or eat them and therefore has no real use for them, but she likes how they look in her hoard and doesn't want others to have them. She steals from other dragons and humans alike, and neither can do much about it because of her natural size and strength.

User Comments

Accept: I like her! XD

Accept: that's where

That's where what?

That's where what?

I bet they meant to say something like, "that's where my books have been going".

So, the first dragon I 'changed' was the first dragon on my scroll, and she's none too pleased about it:

It was Hallowe'en again, that mysterious time of year when dragons and humans alike donned disguises and wandered about trying to collect treats. Welcome to Lagie's Scroll had decided she wasn't going to participate this year so she was lurking about watching all the others and musing over how different they all looked in their holiday 'finery'. She hadn't gone too far from her cave when she felt a wet something drop over her. She tried to shake it off but it seeped down her scales and oozed over her entire body before finally stopping. She could feel something ... strange ... happening to her body. She raced to the nearest body of still water and was astonished at her appearance. Gone were her lovely minty scales; she was now a pale, smooth, larger dragon, and she was not happy about it. She hoped this was a temporary situation!

Accept: THE MINTS ARE CREEPING ME OUT! -DT

Accept: Nice! - Stella

I'm going to have to resubmit it due to a missed capitalization! rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhh that's my comment wink.gif