TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

51 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

I'm very sorry to keep harping on this, but I still want to underline that not wanting to hunt for things you'd like to have is not the same as not being able to catch them. I even believe that the market was implemented not only to give us more options for getting our desired dragons but also, if not above all, to ensure that everyone would have at least one option.

What is easy for one player and fun and challenging for another might be too challenging to be fun for someone else, or outright impossible. Not technically, I know! But in practice yes - one might have played for years without ever even seeing some breeds in the cave (and not just "true" rares), whether because of slow internet connection, busy life or anything.

So... if we could maybe just keep our fingers crossed that everyone would eventually get as many as possible of the things they want to have on their scrolls, one way or another, and in the meantime, try our best to enjoy the game with all its beautiful artwork and creative concepts. 😸 I don't think anyone really means to complain and be ungrateful, people are just worried if catching these cool newly released dragons turns out to be too difficult for them (which, I hope, won't be the case!)

Applause. And let us not forget the physical limitations of some players - sight, arthritic hands, fibromyalgia - hunting is hell for some people (not me.) Let us be kind, and just hunt for what we hope for without getting angry about it....

Adult two-headed looks gorgeous!

I fully understand people are frustrated and I wouldn't mind the negative comments if I weren't worried about future releases. I got used to having a release on the fourth Sunday of every normal month. For me, this made the game refreshing and fun as well as easy to plan for (I know the release is coming so don't load up on other eggs).  However, I've noticed recently that the releases are no longer following the regular pattern. This one was a week late for example.  If people keep complaining that there are too many eggs and releases are not fun/special anymore, I'm worried release months could get skipped entirely. 

Ooh and we have adults! I was wondering if this came from the Dragon Requests because the art style seems a little different this time. I love em'!

The adults are lovely! Can't wait to see all the different colours.

TJ has always been one to spice up release days. We've had releases times all over the place (days, nights, weekdays, weekends). We've also had months without releases before. 

People voicing concerns about catching new releases is probably not going to cause TJ to start withholding them.

That said, adults look cool so far. Wormy vibes for sure.

Love the false hydra! So creative! The poses match the description, and it's confusing on purpose 😍

Ooh!! They all look just fantastic! But I never expected any less from our talented spriters. I think I might want a few of those cute tiny thunderbirds as real-life pets...

On second thought, maybe not. And definitely no hydrae. They are better enjoyed as pixels for sure. 😹

Edited by Varislapsi

Gorgeous adults!  Great job everyone!

That is one gorgeous dragon! I don't find the adult sprites confusing at all. The S2 hatchies made me afraid that we would be getting another dragon with indistinguishable anatomy, but thankfully I have no trouble seeing which are the true heads. Great job!

Now, come on, grow up little pygmy!

Edit: And they did! Another very striking dragon! ;)

Edited by purplehaze

I think the volcano false-headed hydras are my favourite of the bunch. The colours are really striking, but also help distinguish the real heads from the body in the female adult sprite, which I feel blends together a lot in other variants. The pygmy is not my cup of tea but I'm personally not hugely into pygmies in general.

Gorgeous adults! The two-headeds are badass-fierce, the pygmies are adorable-fierce. What's not to like? Excellent work, Hawaiianbabidoll and Mewtie. :)

I have managed to get a pair of the new pygmys after hours of searching! I'm very happy to at least have something. (I missed the flood.) Normally I'm able to get several eggs by now, but I'm not having much luck with this release. I've not seen the other eggs at all.

As long as I can actually afford them at the market I will be happy. 

Edited by Raptocidic

These are really cool. I also love the touch of how the female sprites the false heads eyes are open, and the male sprites the true heads eyes are open.

The pygmys are adorable, love the electricity around them. 

Very nice job Hawaiianbabidoll and Mewtie!!!

8 minutes ago, DevilAngelWolf27 said:

These are really cool. I also love the touch of how the female sprites the false heads eyes are open, and the male sprites the true heads eyes are open.

The pygmys are adorable, love the electricity around them. 

Very nice job Hawaiianbabidoll and Mewtie!!!

I thought none of the false heads have eyes, and the female sprite has those standing up as a decoy with the real heads curled low. 

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

I thought none of the false heads have eyes, and the female sprite has those standing up as a decoy with the real heads curled low. 

Ohhhhh duh. That's probably what it is. That's still so cool though! Thank you for correcting me ^-^

Beautiful dragons, and beautiful colours.

S1 pygmy looks just like a gorgeous tiny bird.

Thank you spriters!

I love the false headed hydras! Very cool, very well executed concept :) even I got fooled by the female sprite on first look, they must be extremely deadly predators!

But those pygmies are my new favourites. I'm going to hoard them! Their colours and poses are mwah and I love how they look like bird-dragons.

Thank you for this lovely release!

Edited by High Lord November

Wow wow wow both breeds ate stunning I love both, what a great release, I'm carnt wait to get more of both thank you all involved with them 

Totally rad new release!

Gotta love the dive bombing pose of the male Lightning Pygmy! 🌩️