TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

there are so many thoughtful comments in this thread, i wish i could like/clap/upvote/whatever. (this is not a suggestion to implement such a thing, just expressing my appreciation here for reasonable dialogue). 👍🏼

anyhow! adult dragons! they are outstanding! i am especially in love with the male lightning pygmy. 💙💙💙

Of course I missed a new release when there is a Dragon that has a nice brilliant color of Orange in it! Fingers crossed I can still get some

13 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Yep, been playing for years, I've still not even gotten a CB gold egg. There are several I still do not have as CB eggs and I never see them when I'm looking for any. There is fun in hunting rare and hard to find eggs but eventually it turns into just never seeing them at all. I could hunt the cave for hours and I'll never see one of any egg I'm looking for. I always try to get a pair of CB eggs to breed with at the start.

At least rares - from scalies to CB Golds - are catchable. Even Neglected is possible to obtain or at least trade. Lottery, however, is full random and it annoys me much more than big releases and limited egg slots.

Adult hydras are awesome, btw.

Edited by laertid

These rock! I think the jungle one has to be my favorite. The dark indigo-black with a pop of more vivid blue is gorgeous and reminds me of iridescent black snakes, like the white-lipped python or sunbeam snake.

Edited by TCA

26 minutes ago, laertid said:

At least rares - from scalies to CB Golds - are catchable. Even Neglected is possible to obtain or at least trade. Lottery, however, is full random and it annoys me much more than big releases and limited egg slots.

Adult hydras are awesome, btw.

I completely forgot about neglected dragons. I don't even have a single one of those. I've tried a few times (dead egg on scroll currently was accidental, didn't realize it's time was so low) but it always ended in failure.

😮 I just seen the adults, they are amazing!

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I love love love the false-headeds! the desert colouration is probably my favourite which I wasn't expecting; the markings on the body remind me of a ball python. super cool! and the male pygmy pose is so dynamic. I love the S1 hatchies too, they are so very Shaped.

I absolutely adore the false-headeds! They are absolutely beautiful and the sprite style is just... chef kiss. I think this might be my favorite release this year. I didn't manage to grab any of their eggs but I'm definitely going to be hunting them now.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That is one gorgeous dragon! I don't find the adult sprites confusing at all. The S2 hatchies made me afraid that we would be getting another dragon with indistinguishable anatomy, but thankfully I have no trouble seeing which are the true heads. Great job!

I was concerned about that as well seeing the hatchlings, thankfully the adults don't seem to have that sort of problem.

The adults.... My goodness. What can I even say? I have to admit I was kindasorta hoping that the adult scaleds wouldn't appeal to me too much, given how difficult they have been to catch so far. But WOW. Hawaiianbabidoll these are an absolute masterpiece! .... I literally don't know what to say, lol. They are gorgeous and I love the false heads and the coloring and the lore... LOVE THEM!! 

I think it's interesting that the adult pygmy says they are 'rarely seen', given how much more common they've been than the others. 

Anything about what the individual colors are called or they just going to be identified by biome?

falsies.thumb.png.992be0b753324921b921bba9b6dca4c2.png

These guys were originally inspired by the shingleback skink with a dash more biting power in their butt. Their patterning are snake inspired, as many of you have guessed already.
Their hunting styles depend on their native biome, and can include burrowing, swimming, or climbing depending on the environment.
The forest variant is the only one known to sit in the distinctive tree boa/tree python pose.
The coastal variant can hold its breath longer than any other variant.
The jungle variant strikes faster than any other variant and will follow injured prey for miles.
The desert and volcano variants both like to dig, but the desert version will pull prey down into the ground while the volcanic version will spring up in surprise and surround its target.
The alpine variant will switch between ambush hunting and pursuit hunting depending on how much snow is on the ground. More snow, more active hydra.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think it's interesting that the adult pygmy says they are 'rarely seen', given how much more common they've been than the others

How about "actively avoided?"

I love the adults! I'm only missing one of them at the moment, no pairings yet. But I don't mind. In my 13 years of playing there are still loads of dragons I still don't have CB's of, or not even a bred one of. It's all part of the game for me :D

Happy hunting, everyone!

Well, it looks like the people who guessed the two-headed dragons had 'false' in the name were spot on. Also, it's adorable how the male Lightning looks like it's about to divebomb into the post below it.

I looove these sprites! The pygmy is kandosii and I adore the concept for the different biomes' snake types.

Anyway, which hydra head is which? On the male, the front heads have eyes but the throat scales are pointing upwards, meaning they've grown from the other direction. On the female, the front throats have downwards pointing scales but those front heads seem to be the blind ones with the actual heads watching from a safe distance. 

Edited by Darth Krande

38 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

I looove these sprites! The pygmy is kandosii and I adore the concept for the different biomes' snake types.

Anyway, which hydra head is which? On the male, the front heads have eyes but the throat scales are pointing upwards, meaning they've grown from the other direction. On the female, the front throats have downwards pointing scales but those front heads seem to be the blind ones with the actual heads watching from a safe distance. 

Seems the sexes have their belly scales flipped as a natural feature, aside from having those fake heads. More bamboozle power to them :p

ETA: no, wait... both have belly scales pointing upward. I have been successfully fooled here LOL.

Edited by Orchi'dea

15 hours ago, High Lord November said:

We're lucky we have the market for people to get their eggs from if they don't want to hunt.

A market for a collectables game is nothing more than an admission that the game no longer works as intended.

Urgh, grabbed an extra scaled. Urgh, because I kinda want to trade it , because I don't mind getting them as 2nd gen later. But I don't want to be too demanding in my trade=(

Just misclicked a Lotaan egg. "This scaly egg" looks very much like "This scaled egg" when you are trying to click fast before the egg poofs! :(

1 hour ago, Rally Vincent said:

A market for a collectables game is nothing more than an admission that the game no longer works as intended.

OR simply that some people REALLY have trouble hunting,. I can think of a few individuals with RL physical problems  for whom the market is a godsend - and no mater how hunting was set up, they could never hope to keep up. It's wonderful that they can still play and collect.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OR simply that some people REALLY have trouble hunting,. I can think of a few individuals with RL physical problems  for whom the market is a godsend - and no mater how hunting was set up, they could never hope to keep up. It's wonderful that they can still play and collect.

Exactly - people cannot get all the eggs reliable by playing the game - else, there would be no need for a store.

Do the Hydra's have a bit of Hognose in them, too? Maybe more of the Sharp-Nose Viper? Either way, it's a pretty cool look, I like them.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Just misclicked a Lotaan egg. "This scaly egg" looks very much like "This scaled egg" when you are trying to click fast before the egg poofs! :(

I did three misclicks yesterday, and was so fed-up that I bit them all, figuring I was having to wait anyway.  All three were repulsed and tossed from my scroll.  I did wonder if 'getting a dead egg' had been turned off.  Can't get one usually, let alone three!

Talking of misclicks,  I recently picked up five cb guardian eggs from the AP. Someone must have been rather disappointed catching them. 

Anyone else? Which head is the tail? (Are the throat scales pointing upwards to confuse the predators?)

Maybe I was just lucky, but I didn't find it THAT hard to catch them... Granted, I AM not specifically hunting, just slowly getting them one by one.

Anyway, how do you think breeding will work? Something like Xenos, where you can get any random variation from any given pair? That seems to be most likely, but wouldn't it be interesting if some different mechanics was implemented here? 🙂