TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

19 hours ago, Seejey said:

Maybe this was said before and maybe it isn't the reason why some people can't select more than one other dragon for their parties, but I wasn't able to select more than one, too, on a mobile, until I tried holding down the next one and it worked.

I hope it helps! 😊

That does not help me as I am not on a mobile device.

12 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

That does not help me as I am not on a mobile device.

Click the dragon at the very top of your list, hold down the shift key, and then click the dragon at the end of your list. They should all highlight. 

Three more tries, three more failures. Sigh. Tried solo, with two dragons, and with three dragons. Glad others are getting successes but rng is not my friend right now. 

Sent five more solo dragons, all failed. :(

How do some people already have four scourgekeepers?

11 minutes ago, Nokturna said:

Sent five more solo dragons, all failed. :(

How do some people already have four scourgekeepers?

Luck! Don't know if maybe the ratios have anything to do with it, as well? I mean, I got 3 out of 8 solos on Thursday but only 1 out of 8 today, so...

In other news, I had a terrible realization. The body type of the Furor Pygmy is listed as Wingless in the Encyclopedia and since there hasn't been a wingless Pygmy yet this means there is ANOTHER Zombie type to collect. I was already despairing once on Thursday when I thought about the Scourgekeepers being Two-Headed Easterns until I remembered the existence of Blancblack Dragons but this should definitely be a new one.

When I said back in March I was done collecting adult Zombies until a new body type released I was really, really, really hoping, wishing, praying for some time off. Now, just two months later, there is not only one but TWO new body types. Aaaaargh!!!!!

9 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Luck! Don't know if maybe the ratios have anything to do with it, as well? I mean, I got 3 out of 8 solos on Thursday but only 1 out of 8 today, so...

In other news, I had a terrible realization. The body type of the Furor Pygmy is listed as Wingless in the Encyclopedia and since there hasn't been a wingless Pygmy yet this means there is ANOTHER Zombie type to collect. I was already despairing once on Thursday when I thought about the Scourgekeepers being Two-Headed Easterns until I remembered the existence of Blancblack Dragons but this should definitely be a new one.

When I said back in March I was done collecting adult Zombies until a new body type released I was really, really, really hoping, wishing, praying for some time off. Now, just two months later, there is not only one but TWO new body types. Aaaaargh!!!!!

aren’t Kyanite Pygmies wingless, as well?

Edited by mishhelle

Just now, mishhelle said:

are Kyanite Pygmies not wingless, as well?

Well, they are technically speaking without wings, but are classified as Eastern. 

I'm loving the descriptions of all these dragons!

My first adventure was rather ignominious but hopefully I will have success on subsequent ventures. Reading through, it seems it might be a good idea to try with a smaller party next time. 

Still no luck on my adventures. I'll keep trying and working on scroll goals for the new dragons. 4 CB pairs per breed is a lot when it's SIX breeds :'D

1 minute ago, Gluria said:

4 CB pairs per breed is a lot when it's SIX breeds :'D

It is, and that is my goal as well. At least these are not as hard to come by as some of the multiple releases.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

It is, and that is my goal as well. At least these are not as hard to come by as some of the multiple releases.

Yeeeep! So far it was an easy "one batch hatches, return to cave, next batch, influence&incubate, wait two days, repeat" thing :D

Had 5 more drags grown up today, they all failed solo adventuring. Will definately take its time to get my BBEG boy a mate ...

Am happy too that the eggs are still dropping, so we can stack up on adventurers^^

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

rng is not my friend right now. 

Same boat here... 

Edited by JaneMcAsh

21 minutes ago, Gluria said:

4 CB pairs per breed is a lot when it's SIX breeds :'D

These large releases absolutely kill my normal scroll goals, lol. For years my goals have been 20 of each breed/variant. That's.... a bit too overwhelming to even think about until the new release hype calms down.

I was stupid and didn't use Fertility when breeding my two grown Thundersnows, one refusal and one other-parent egg. Guess I thought since they are still so new they would breed no problem.

8 minutes ago, dothefreddy said:

I can’t even do anything because I have no villains to select, never mind being on mobile and not being able to select more than one derg 😐 

If your on android you can long press and it will select multiple, for apple I believe using two finger to tap work.

Edited by Dinala1641882

managed to obtain my first 2 Scourges today with 2 single dragons, one even has a Frog code *laugh*

Not sure how much longer this thread will be open, so again I want to thank everyone who brought this event and dragons to life. TJ, Artists, Mods, etc. You all continue to spoil us and here's to another 16 years of Dragon Cave!

giphy.gif.58826333efcd50691cafb3088f57d340.gif

RNG is definitely not my friend, either. I have made 6 attempts with varying numbers and combinations of dragons and failed every time. Oh well, can try again when I have some more grow up in a day or so.

I really want to thank TJ and all the people involved in this birthday release. The dragons are beautiful. It was fun trying to solve the mystery. These dragons seem common enough that we are not struggling to get more, even this far out from the release. And the Adventure is a really nice new mechanic for getting a special dragon -- even if it hasn't worked yet for me.

Again, thank you TJ for another year of Dragon Cave. To have it last this long you must be doing something right! XD Congratulations!

I ran several adventures with 2 dragons each (was on mobile and could not for the life of me figure out how to select more!) and succeeded only on my first try: a Furor and an Astralophyne. The idea of the tiny pygmy beating up BBEG while the giant healer cheers him on in the background was incredibly amusing, and given I got the Furor victory message, I'd say that's exactly what happened. Now I have this guy to show for it. 

I'd also like to add that I am obsessed with the Astralophynes and plan on hoarding as many of them as possible. Also a fan of the Hooded Murklings; the eldritch horror energy is wonderful. And of course the Scourgekeeper is amazing too. All seven of the new dragons are fantastic, though, and part of me hopes we might see some more "classes" of adventurer dragons join the roster down the line! Big thanks to TJ and the spriters for this release! 

Whoops! Wrong thread! lol

Edited by AsymDoll13

I was rather fortunate and got a Scourgekeeper my first attempt with a full party. Then I bred him to one of my Ciriax Lindwyrms and got a Scourge egg. Hopefully getting a female with a new party won't be too hard!

Also, happy birthday, Dragon Cave! I love all the new dragons, they are awesome!

I sent the whole party on an adventure and they returned with a female Scourge - apparently, the (female) furor in the team won her. *

I wonder if the gender of the dragons matter? Mine was a mostly girl group against a female boss. 

* I just renamed her to "who brought home a dragon"

Edited by Darth Krande