TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

I finally managed to get one of every egg! Yeah, a tad late for the party, lol

1 minute ago, kathy5 said:

Hi can we breed this new 7th dragon?

They breed with any other two-head or with another Scourgekeeper. Quite a few people have been able to breed them.

Six attempts with mixed groups. Nada. Husband same. Brother tried twice, he tends to grow fewer dragons.  Also nada.

3 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

Huh. Is it possible that this got changed at some point?

I don't get why they wouldn't, seeing as it is an action specific to those specific breeds, and that's what the filter is for.

They don't because every trio on the scroll would have to be shown then taken off on cool down. I assume Zues don't either because its a one and done BSA. Each set only ever uses the ability once. I'd be willing to bet Pitfires don't for the same reason. Ageis and Celestials have BSAs that only effect themselves and under specific conditions for Ageis so they don't need to show. (Pitfires could also be in this category).

But when people were asking for the filters not showing the trios was asked a lot because people had so many and didn't want to dig through them for pinks/purples/reds. Though the original reason given for them not being listed was that it was a "secret" bsa that had to be discovered. Yet Shallow waters show. At this point we've got almost as many that dont show up  as do. 🤷‍♀️

I got my first Scourgekeeper!

:) Has there been a formal post somewhere matching the dragons to D&D character classes? (e.g. Astralophyne = Cleric, Hooded Murkling = Rogue, etc)

Just sent my last two adventurers out and they returned defeated. Now I will need to wait 5 more days until the eggs I just caught grow up and my first adventurers come off cooldown.

Me too - well, I forget when my next ones grow up; three teams of two and a single failed today.

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

:) Has there been a formal post somewhere matching the dragons to D&D character classes? (e.g. Astralophyne = Cleric, Hooded Murkling = Rogue, etc)

No formal post that I've seen, but my guesses would be Astralophyne = Cleric, Fanalea = Ranger, Furor = Barbarian (due to the axe on its tail), Hooded Murkling = Rogue, Pyrrhichios = Bard, and Thundersnow = Sorcerer/Wizard

2 hours ago, Myoukin said:

No formal post that I've seen, but my guesses would be Astralophyne = Cleric, Fanalea = Ranger, Furor = Barbarian (due to the axe on its tail), Hooded Murkling = Rogue, Pyrrhichios = Bard, and Thundersnow = Sorcerer/Wizard

I did confirm Fanalea as Ranger earlier!

10 hours ago, White Fox said:

I finally managed to get one of every egg! Yeah, a tad late for the party, lol

it's never too late :D and congrats!

So... Has anyone tried to calculate what the odds are of getting a scourgekeeper?  Like, done some detailed tallying of peoples' total attempts vs total successes?  Partly I wonder because if enough data could be collected, we could see whether sending a larger party has a higher degree of success, but also!  Just from skimming replies here and some very rough mental math, the success rate seems to be pretty close to approximately 5%.

Or in other words, the chances of rolling a natural 20.

8 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I can confirm Furor is based on barbarian.

7 hours ago, ACDragonMaster said:

So... Has anyone tried to calculate what the odds are of getting a scourgekeeper?  Like, done some detailed tallying of peoples' total attempts vs total successes?  Partly I wonder because if enough data could be collected, we could see whether sending a larger party has a higher degree of success, but also!  Just from skimming replies here and some very rough mental math, the success rate seems to be pretty close to approximately 5%.

Or in other words, the chances of rolling a natural 20.

There's a thread.

It's hard to check back, as attempts don't show on the action log.

So what ELSE is going on, that they haven't closed this thread? Usually they close it when we get adults. Do you think when the bred Scourgekeepers eggs grow up, they can also go on adventures? 

There's no Adventure option on my Scourgekeepers.  I personally think it's been left open because of the nature of the release.  I could be wrong, of course!

I just had seven lone adventurers go out and got just 1 Scourgekeeper with a Furor.  Much better than nothing!

2 hours ago, kzspot said:

So what ELSE is going on, that they haven't closed this thread? Usually they close it when we get adults. Do you think when the bred Scourgekeepers eggs grow up, they can also go on adventures? 

Good questions; for the second one, I can't say for sure since I haven't been able to breed my own Scourgekeeper yet, but I would guess they can't adventure since the adults we get from a successful adventure don't share the BSA.

2 hours ago, kzspot said:

Nothing else is going on - I just 1. busy and 2. figure let people talk about the adventure for a bit.