TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

Despite only being able to do parties of two, I got a pair of the dragons with only 3 adventures! So it's definitely possible even though it's buggy.

drgcve1.1.thumb.png.4771de5aa592b463f3fb895f88b6a133.png

Has the drummer dragon ever won a fight against the Scourgekeeper or will it always get distracted by its drumming?

1 minute ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Has the drummer dragon ever won a fight against the Scourgekeeper or will it always get distracted by its drumming?

Someone posted a screenie showing it had won.

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

My guess it that the site thinks you tried to do this twice (in rapid succession), i.e. from its perspective, you're trying to pick dragons that are already marked as being on cooldown.

The same unhelpful error message appears if you, for example, try to set up a transfer 'twice'. Try it! Start setting up a transfer from your scroll. Input your password to confirm, keep the focus in the password field, then hit [Enter] twice in quick succession. It will tell you "You cannot teleport eggs and hatchlings that do not belong to you," even though it definitely belongs to you (and you'll find the transfer link in the "Trading" section).

So I'm guessing this is the same kind of error message. You adventured, but you just didn't see the outcome screen. This should be easy to verify - just check if the dragon you tried adventuring from is on adventuring cooldown!

Wrong, because a) I can do any other BSA without issue, b) the dragon is still available afterwards.

i had seen some successes with solo or duo teams, so after my team of six failed, i wanted to give it a go with a duo team.

They failed too, though. 

For those who care, cork ireland is a female and the other is a male, and we wanted to summon a female Scourgekeeper

image_2022-05-27_194337262.png

Had no success yet with the adventure BSA, but at least managed to unlock the Scourgekeeper egg and adult sprites in the encyclopedia, too bad that you can´t buy them in the Marketplace *lol* (which was to be expected)

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

Wrong, because a) I can do any other BSA without issue, b) the dragon is still available afterwards.

...this is a fairly confusing response to me? I don't know why you mention "any other BSA". My best guess is that you think "if this is a problem, I should also have it with other BSAs", but that's not at all given. The transfer example I gave is something that can happen to anyone at any time (e.g. it happened to a friend earlier who has successfully traded and transferred things for years; they were accordingly very confused about the error message).

That said, if I understand your #b correctly, though, you checked the thing I suggested to check. 👍 Thanks a lot! Sounds like a strange, Adventure-specific bug, then. I'd strongly suggest posting a thread in Help so it gets looked at, bug reports in the release threads tend to get lost easily.

Maybe this was said before and maybe it isn't the reason why some people can't select more than one other dragon for their parties, but I wasn't able to select more than one, too, on a mobile, until I tried holding down the next one and it worked.

I hope it helps! 😊

21 hours ago, SickThing said:

So I just got a Scourgekeeper by using just ONE Fanalea.

That was unexpected. ;)

I tried this, but unfortunately failed. (female Fanalea with Male Scourgekeeper)

19 hours ago, Syiren said:

As a fan of music I love any dragon with a good tune and a natural sense of rhythm.  In fact when I found out they use their feet and tails in their special dances I pictured a whole tribe of Pyrrhichios thumping along to "We Will Rock you!" lol

That would be so awesome!

I tried one party of two and the rest all solo missions with my first batch of adventurers. So far all of them failed. Now waiting for the others to grow up.
Luckily I was able to catch a third set rather easily today.
Hopefully I'll be able to catch a fourth set later this weekend :)

I find this really fun to do. And I especially like it that it's not that complicated. Just use the BSA, pick one or more dragons and the system does the rest. Completely in DC style. I wouldn't oppose to more dragons with a similar BSA at some point in the future!

Edited by Sheriziya

Can't wait for my babies to grow up so I can try for the Scourgekeeper as well!

Never before have all my eggs been sick though, the batch before these that are now hatchlings also were all sick...

Wouldn’t it be awesome if occasionally the defeated villain, instead of having a change of heart, offered up an egg?! Just sayin’

37 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

You guys are getting Scourgekeepers? XD 

I have seen someone successfully bred one, which is neat. 

Oh? Would you have any images to share? I'm curious to see what it was bred with and new pairing ideas. 

28 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Oh? Would you have any images to share? I'm curious to see what it was bred with and new pairing ideas. 

No image, here, but the one I saw was paired with a Geminae - male Scourgekeeper, female Geminae.

7 hours ago, MissK. said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, there's a 2g scourgekeeper in the hub so they definitely can breed true. 

3 hours ago, tjenni said:

Had no success yet with the adventure BSA, but at least managed to unlock the Scourgekeeper egg and adult sprites in the encyclopedia, too bad that you can´t buy them in the Marketplace *lol* (which was to be expected)

So they can be bred!! Yay! That's another mystery solved (is that the final mystery?).  Surprised you've already been able to unlock the egg sprites though, I've only seen a single Scourgekeeper egg and it was the one mentioned from the hub lol. 

Interestingly, the one in the hub doesn't seem to be gaining views? It doesn't have the strike-throughs for stats like TJ's did but it seems to be stuck on 1/1/1 so... Hmm. 

37 minutes ago, Syiren said:

There is a vast selection in the trade hub as of now if you want to see some samples :) I am not 100% well rn, so dont trust myself to blank names and codes out properly XD 

I bred my Scourgekeeper to a Geminae and got a Scourgekeeper from it.

And they record stats but be careful because people clicked mine and made it softshell pretty quickly.

Got a scourgekeeper on my first adventuring try... AND A SUCCESSFUL BREEDING! 

I feel stupid lucky.  I need to go buy a lottery ticket.

image.thumb.png.f1d72992be40f1120b1909ce2ce322a9.png

Those eggs look so cool, I am so excited for my Adventurers to grow up so I can start trying.

I've had luck selecting multiple dragons for adventuring by using the right-button on my mouse. :)

I dumped all my adventurers into a single quest - and they came back empty handed. Alas. xD Soon though, I'll try again.

I got a girly Scourge!

They’re pretty easy to get for me. Much easier than the GoN. 

1 minute ago, Talisraye said:

Edit because I dumb.

Edited by Talisraye

Yay I'm so happy the BSA is actually an adventure!! This is one of the best dragons sets we've had for a while. Can't wait for my hatchlings to grow into adults so I can try and get the Scourgekeeper.

Too bad I didn't manage to get a full second set (¬_¬;)

I had success in adventuring, but only when I had Thundersnows on the teams. They both worked their magic and trapped the Scourges until they saw sense 😂