TJ09

2022-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 16th Birthday!

25 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

you have to view five each of s1 and s2 hatchlings 

yes, but if you have already gotten credit for viewing it as an egg...can you still get credit for viewing the 'same' one when it hatches? or do you have to find other hatchlings (that you haven't already viewed as an egg) to get credit for hatchling views?

Edited by Dryadia

4 minutes ago, Dryadia said:

yes, but if you have already gotten credit for viewing it as an egg...can you still get credit for viewing the 'same' one as a hatchling? or do you have to find other hatchings (that you haven't already viewed as an egg) to get credit for hatchling views?

It is my understanding that you can only view each individual dragon once per month, so unfortunately if you've already viewed a dragon as an egg, you can't view it a second time as a hatchling (unless, of course, it is frozen as a hatchie and a month has gone by). 

Managed to get my second scourgekeeper and also another scourgekeeper breeding from him. They don't seem terribly difficult to breed, at least for now.

13 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

I tried creating a group for my adventurers to hang out together, 

I've made a group, too. The groups are so helpful for trying to locate dragons!

Though I am thinking of removing the 'retired' adventurers from the group...

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I've made a group, too. The groups are so helpful for trying to locate dragons!

Though I am thinking of removing the 'retired' adventurers from the group...

I have an Adventurers group, and when I’m looking to see which are newly grown up and available for adventuring, I’m sorting them by age, which works roughly. That’s only going to be useful for now, though. For the future, it’s going to be tricky!

3 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

I have an Adventurers group, and when I’m looking to see which are newly grown up and available for adventuring, I’m sorting them by age, which works roughly. That’s only going to be useful for now, though. For the future, it’s going to be tricky!

That makes sense, since I've been adventuring them in order as they mature. Thanks. :)

2 hours ago, mishhelle said:

you have to view five each of s1 and s2 hatchlings 

It actually doesn't matter how many of each one you view as long as its a total of 10 hatchling. 10 s1 will work the same as 3 s1 and 7 s2.

I had a party of each release that I snagged, and I decided "what the heck, I'll do the adventure!"

... I got the dragon to join me on my first try

4944518c98e31eeb443212b47a112b75.png

1 minute ago, ShadowRebirth37 said:

I had a party of each release that I snagged, and I decided "what the heck, I'll do the adventure!"

... I got the dragon to join me on my first try

That is some good luck! 🍀

So far I've sent 15 solo adventurers after the BBEG. All of them failed, but luckily I am no furor pygmy but a patient human being. It's not like I needed to tame the villain in the release month. Or year. 😹

My Adventurers seem to be either 'Ready for an adventure', in 'Cool-down' for 14 days from an adventure, or 'Retired from adventuring'...  I gather that by being 'retired' that they can no longer be used to battle a Scouragekeeper

, but I haven't seen any proof of that so far...

7 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

My Adventurers seem to be either 'Ready for an adventure', in 'Cool-down' for 14 days from an adventure, or 'Retired from adventuring'...  I gather that by being 'retired' that they can no longer be used to battle a Scouragekeeper

I don’t think there’s any specific proof as such that ‘retired from adventuring’ means they can’t be used for that BSA again, other than it seems logical that the comment means that, and it fits with the whole concept quite nicely. 😊

9 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

Proof is every dragon that was part of a successful adventure is now retired. Many people have posted this. Each dragon can only bring back one whether by themselves or part of a group.

So this seems to be pretty random, from what I'm guessing? Frustrating, as I would much rather it be based on something definite than me having to roll the dice endlessly. I think I'm sitting at around seven or eight attempts with no luck, so far. Have to admit that it's zero fun to see others getting multiple and still be at zero. Guess I will have to wait for my next batch to grow up to try again. 

Just curious but has it been confirmed that you need to own at least one of each new dragon before you can go on an adventure?

1 minute ago, Tawanda001 said:

Just curious but has it been confirmed that you need to own at least one of each new dragon before you can go on an adventure?

Considering the BSA shows up on all six of the new biome dragons, it looks like only having one is required to use the BSA.

2 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

You don't. Had a friend who didn't have one of them and was able to send them out.

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

Considering the BSA shows up on all six of the new biome dragons, it looks like only having one is required to use the BSA.

Thank you both,I wondered if it was like the zyus, that the BSA wouldn't show up unless you had the whole 'collection'.

36 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

So this seems to be pretty random, from what I'm guessing? Frustrating, as I would much rather it be based on something definite than me having to roll the dice endlessly. I think I'm sitting at around seven or eight attempts with no luck, so far. Have to admit that it's zero fun to see others getting multiple and still be at zero. Guess I will have to wait for my next batch to grow up to try again. 

Same. I'm happy that others are having successes, but at this point people are having multiple successes and even *breeding* Scourgekeepers successfully, while I have yet to even have a single success in my Adventuring. It would be nice if there were certain combinations of dragons that were more likely to succeed or something, instead of just pure rng. 

16 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Thank you both,I wondered if it was like the zyus, that the BSA wouldn't show up unless you had the whole 'collection'.

I think we all thought at first that you would need the whole set to summon, because the Zyus are like that. But that turns out not to be true. You can adventure with only one, or up to 6.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Same. I'm happy that others are having successes, but at this point people are having multiple successes and even *breeding* Scourgekeepers successfully, while I have yet to even have a single success in my Adventuring. It would be nice if there were certain combinations of dragons that were more likely to succeed or something, instead of just pure rng. 

Yeah - imo it would be fairer if the system was set up to favour those who don't have any at all. It seems clear that there's no sort of mechanism doing that, and so it's leading to an imbalance, especially since people can not only keep adventuring but also breed the adults they already have. Ah well. Hopefully I will have better luck soon. 

31 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

No--I sent one single dragon and got one of the new ones.

Yes, sorry.  To clarify I was more curious if you only OWNED one new dragon if you could still adventure. If the only new release you had on your scroll was a single new pygmy for instance, would the BSA still be available. I had all six new dragons at the same time so was curious if it was necessary to have more than one NR on the scroll to do the adventure. 

40 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Same here. Sent several parties in different numbers and combinations, no luck at all. Still, there might be some combinations that are more successful than others. We need some kind of database.

1 hour ago, walkinslow said:

Same here. Sent several parties in different numbers and combinations, no luck at all. Still, there might be some combinations that are more successful than others. We need some kind of database.

There is a thread in Site Discussion where people are recording their adventures. No data is being tabulated, though.