TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Honestly something NEEDS to be done about this lag. It has been for literal months like this now; the hour drop is for a lot of people the only chance to rab anything of value and then the cave lags for a full minute until all the good stuff is gone.

Switch to better servers that don't crash the second more than five people are online at the same time, whatever, but pls this is ridiculous.

The hatchlings remind me of seahorses, they're so adorable! I'm excited to see what the adult sprites will look like in a few days. :) 

This has not been a good Halloween for me so far.

I have zero new zombies (all but one disintegrated, and the last revived normally) and have mastered to catch a total of ONE new egg.

*sigh* Just got to keep trying

*Edit: Apparently my complaining made the luck gods change their tune and now I (somehow) have six new eggs

Edited by ShorahNagi

42 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

My failed year was the Sweetlings. Couldn’t catch one to save my life! I was so pleased when past Valentines became available in the cave.

My one original Valentine was sheer luck - I'd failed the entire night of the drop and resigned myself to never having one, then saw one in the AP a few days later. I nearly fell off my chair when I clicked and caught it! I've loved having all the past eggs available again too, it really does take away some of the sting if you do miss the event for some reason.

45 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I have CB pumpkins from that day but I don't recall if I had someone catch for me or if I just managed to get lucky lol.

Now that I think back...probably sheer luck, lots of mountain dew, and no sleep :P

I'm honestly so grateful for my timezone, this is the ONE life event that's actually easier because of it. DC midnight is mid-afternoon my time, and being awake for releases makes up for all the awful scheduling of my work life when we have to meet with US/European colleagues. :lol:

Err.... I grabbed my last two eggs out of 8. When I looked at my dragons overview, all of a sudden I had only 3 eggs. Upon refreshing, it keeps adding 1 AND upon every refresh I see a new treat. But when I click on it, it's not being added to my treat list......

Also I regularly get treats I already have....

Is there a glitch going on?

I really hope I don't loose all my eggs!

Edited by Sheriziya

There's a weird glitch going on - an egg that comes up as unavailable continues to have its code displayed on the Searching screen, even a hard refresh won't fix it.

... I thought I was just having abysmal luck.

Idk if there's a glitch, a lag or if its just generally impossible to click on one of these eggs, but I'm having zero luck at all. 

Edit: Its 100% a glitch, no matter how many times I refresh the page/open a new tab, every egg i click on has the same code. 

2nd edit: now all seems to be back to normal! Managed to catch a couple of eggs, I'm happy!

Edited by Twilight Dream

Site is really having a bad time right now. All eggs available in locations are permanently stuck displaying eggs that have already been grabbed, the lag is really abysmal there aren't even as many people on right now trying to grab eggs.

Edit: Can't grab treats either, everything is really glitched right now like come on. If this isn't fixed shortly I really hope staff extends the period for these eggs cause its fully unfair that these eggs aren't even grabbable for so long

Edited by Vinicius

1 minute ago, Sheriziya said:

Err.... I grabbed my last two eggs out of 8. When I looked at my dragons overview, all of a sudden I had only 3 eggs. Upon refreshing, it keeps adding 1 AND upon every refresh I see a new treat. But when I click on it, it's not being added to my treat list......

Is there a glitch going on?

I really hope I don't loose all my eggs!

Yep, same - I caught two on the last five minute drop with the same thing. Looks like something borked somewhere!

Huh, very weird.

I just wanted to revive and unhide a few dragons and while it showed that the action worked, it actually doesn't look like it. Dragon is still alive with its name (I removed it before trying to kill it), Hatchling is still fogged. Clearing my cache doesn't work.

The Cave feels glitchy, I keep getting spammed with clickable collectible sprites which don't register after clicking them, they just lead to my basket... and I can't pick up any eggs since this sprite spam started... is anyone else experiencing this? 

Just now, caya said:

Huh, very weird.

I just wanted to revive and unhide a few dragons and while it showed that the action worked, it actually doesn't look like it. Dragon is still alive with its name (I removed it before trying to kill it), Hatchling is still fogged. Clearing my cache doesn't work.

Site is having a complete crisis right now and isn't working at all. Servers clearly can't handle holiday egg releases 

I'm also having the problem with the eggs being stuck... and plus I can't pick up any of the 'treats' either. 

My ClKgI was unanbled to be viewed at first few seconds, as if it's not on my scroll.So strage.

image.png

1 minute ago, Vinicius said:

Site is really having a bad time right now. All eggs available in locations are permanently stuck displaying eggs that have already been grabbed

This is what is happening for me. I can't grab anything in spite of the page seeming to refresh really fast. It is just the same old egg showing that is already gone. There is no chance to catch anything. All biomes are acting the same. Might as well go back to bed.

At the moment I seem to be able to pick up the treats when I right-click on them and open the link in a new window. Sometimes it looks like it didn't register on the treats page, but when I do a refresh there, it is registered. It is REALLY weird....

I do seem to have all my eggs now. I made a copy of all the codes, just to be sure :)

there are already hatchlings!? d'awww so cute ones, ghostly seahorsies lol.

took only about 30 mins to get the remaining 6 eggs in 5 min drops after I managed to get 2 in the full hour drop, so it wasn't that difficult as expected.

And now the biome was acting normal and I was able to grab 5 eggs on one 5 minute drop. :blink: Bizarre cave. Halloween ghoulies are haunting it, methinks!

I thought we had three days to get a new egg, how come its only 24 hrs now? I'm never going to get one at this rate.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And now the biome was acting normal and I was able to grab 5 eggs on one 5 minute drop. :blink: Bizarre cave. Halloween ghoulies are haunting it, methinks!

Maybe it had something to do with the treats? I had a flood of treats (only missing treats now), but now they seem to have stopped dropping completely.

As far as I'm aware the three day drops are only on Christmas. All other holidays are a single day. I could be wrong.

I think Valentine is also 3 Days, I think? :)

Halloween is about grabbing as much as you can so that is why only one day.

Since I am locked I am focussing on getting the Trick and Treats from the years I did not play. :)