TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Sad we can't get more energy and faster because I wish I could make all my cabbages to their last stage before the end of the event :')

Happy Halloween everyone, best of luck with your eggs! The farming event was also super fun this year. :D

I can't remember the last time DC was this laggy, i hope it isn't the case with future events lol

i couldn't catch a single pitfire, maybe i'll get lucky next year

51 minutes ago, akatosh said:

PLEASE can anyone answer me that?

yes, but good news, you can exalt them anytime of the year. =]

I'm really just nit-picking with my farm now, adding a decoration then deleting it and replacing it with something else then second-guessing that one... I have almost all fillable-spots filled just how I want it so the last few spots I'm just continuing to mess with in order to still be able to 'play' with it before the event ends. 

The new releases are definitely a lot easier to get now than they were the first few hours of the release, I've even managed a bit of code-hunting for trading. 

Thanks for the wonderful event and cool new sprites! Was hoping to decorate my pokeball-shaped garden, but we can't place any decorations on paths.. oh well

Happy Halloween everyone!

Edited by CrystalThundercloud

Happy Halloween! Thanks for the new dragons! I have breed most of my pitfires with brown-shaded CB mates and released to the AP. Enjoy!

Omg lol, this whole time I've been hunting for the new releases in the Halloween biome 🤦‍♀️ no wonder I couldn't find any 

Don't have enough time to finish my farm. Bummed about that but excited to see what the new dragons are.

Late to the party, but happy Halloween! I'm looking forward to seeing what these new pretties grow into

I am a bit frustrated with this event. When the initial announcement went up that said, "The event will continue through November 1", I actually consciously thought, "Wow, I'm glad they said 'through November first' because a lot of the time I don't know whether it ends ON a date or BY a date. Good to know ahead of time that I will have all of November first to complete this."

And I planned out my time accordingly. The day before yesterday I thought about whether I wanted to fill up my field with cabbages since I knew that would take a lot of time, and decided to do so because then everything would be harvested and I would have plenty of time to decorate the farm with the earned money by the end of the first. Then this announcement says it will end midnight tonight. I cannot possibly have time to clear out my cabbages and put up the decorations that would go in those spots. I have been harvesting (and probably still watering; can't remember) them all day today and still have sixty-six cabbages. That means at the painfully slow crawl of 2 energy every five minutes, it will take another 8.25 hours for me to harvest all my crops.

The mechanics of the event already irked me a bit. Having to wait for each stage of crop development combined with an arbitrarily slow energy accumulation period made things too slow, in my opinion, for a time-restricted event to begin with. And the decorations themselves are unpolished in some rather frustrating ways. No fence corners, thin fences taking up a large amount of space, glitched fence pieces eating up money, floor tiles not connecting all the way. Each of these things is extremely minor, given enough time to play around with each piece's limitations, but there was just not enough time to do so! I cannot even remove the unwanted decorations because to do that I need even more energy. So I'm disappointed that a barely-started, mostly-unharvested farm is what will be saved permanently to my scroll at midnight.

I'm sorry for expressing so much negativity about a game that people poured a lot of thought and energy into. It's just that a series of things piled up that made the game unfinishable, at least for me. I would love to be able to build the farm I had planned out, or at least put something nice together, but those darn cabbages are in the way. If I could get tomorrow to do what I intended to, every complaint I have would be fixed. I've had a lot of fun growing exponentially more cabbages otherwise.

36 minutes ago, Erytheros said:

I am a bit frustrated with this event.

I definitely agree with a lot of what you said. I *loved* this event and loved decorating and re-decorating and growing weird eyestalks and glowshrooms, but it does feel like it could've been executed better. For a very-limited-time event like this there should have been fewer restrictions, either give us more energy every 5 minutes, make the energy accumulate quicker, *not* have a 100-cap on energy, shorten the time between each crop-growth-stage, honestly *any* of those would have made the event a lot easier. All of the different restrictions and time-limitations combined made it a lot harder than it should've been to really get things done. 

(And yes, the 'through' wording definitely tripped me up, thankfully I thought to ask about it early on and confirmed it actually meant *until* the 1st. edit to add: Looks like last year's Halloween-Event announcement also had the wording 'through', though the Holiday/V-day events both give specific dates/times.... It would really be helpful if we could have specific dates/times noted for the Halloween events as well!)

I think I'm finally done with my farm. ..... 'Finally done' as in 'I literally have no more space to put anything', lol. I'm very pleased with my decision to keep a lot of my final crops at lower-stages, I think it looks much nicer.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I also totally understand the frustration with the farm stuff. The last time I was really into a building mini game like this was the first snow wars event, and I'm quite proud of what I made then and iirc I didn't feel pressured on time to create everything I wanted to have before it ended. The farm was a really fun idea, I think it just moved too slow given the very short time we've had to work on it. Like maybe if it just went faster, or it wasn't a direct competition for space between making gold and decorating the way you wanted to, that would have been smoother.

On the other hand I really like how the treat collecting has changed. I was able to complete about five sets that I'd barely touched when they were current.

Happy Halloween! 😁
I didn't have time to finish my farm too but the event was lovely and I enjoyed decorating it a lot. I thought it would last through Nov. 1s too. I hope to see it again like the Xmas ones 🙂

The new hatchlings look cool already!

I really wish we had an extra week to collect treats and do the event. Considering how many treats there are PLUS the ones from last year it seems completely impossible to ever catch up, and it will only become harder and harder as more treats are added with every year. Not to mention the mechanics of the farming event were very slow-moving for something that was only allowed to be played for seven days. I joined 2 days into the week due to work and I didn’t even manage to unlock anything more than corn. I really wish we had more time to actually play and catch up on old treats. A week goes by way too fast when the mini games become more and more advanced. 

2 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

Haunted Harvest not showing when I click on the badge. :(

Same here. Getting a page not found error.

Doing https://dragcave.net/halloween21/[scroll name] still works, though you can no longer edit things.

I wasn't able to mature a good number of the crops because I was so busy this week ( house fumigation, sinus infection, work, decorating the house, etc).

Oh well, at least I got the spooky graveyard up though I was miffed on the distance limitation due to the fences. It was fun while it lasted though.

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

Abandoned 5 of the new eggs so others have a shot to grab them from the AP.

@Thaliel hope is not lost for you to still get your CBs this year!

I finished decorating my farm yesterday. Yes I wish the game would have been faster. I spent most of the days collecting coins to build everything at the last moment, which was yesterday.

I say I wish it would have been faster because if I didn't like something in my farm and wanted to change it, it would have taken a lot of time to get enough coins and make those changes. Or if in the end I didn't like my entire farm and wanted to rebuild it from scratch...

I really enjoyed the game, learned from mistakes but that's my only wish. Faster gameplay.