TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 minute ago, Nalyua said:

I think Valentine is also 3 Days, I think? :)

Halloween is about grabbing as much as you can so that is why only one day.

Since I am locked I am focussing on getting the Trick and Treats from the years I did not play. :)

I think you're right.

But to me, I thought the mechanics should have been switched considering people were limited to 2 so I would have thought this would be the one day flood. On the other hand, if the other release was catching as many as you can, it would be the 3 day flood considering people could catch more than two. But maybe they figured the 3 day was better for Christmas considering people would be too busy celebrating than come back to DC. 🤔

I wish we had a donation slot so I could catch one to give away without affecting my 8 main slots and timing schedules.

9 minutes ago, Mysfytt said:

I thought we had three days to get a new egg, how come its only 24 hrs now? I'm never going to get one at this rate.

All will be better in a few hours,just like when normal new dragon released.6 hours later maybe ok.

Spooky seahorse babies! 

Siren-based maybe? We are still missing any water-based monstrosity for halloween even though there's plenty of spooky folklore surrounding seas and rivers around the world.

5 hours ago, Arcy said:

happy halloween!! I'm already excited for the new guys owo

remember to fog your new eggs! lots of traffic in hatcheries and viewbombers afoot

I always incubate them but don't put them in hatcheries till the next day. Then only one then keep an eye on them and if they are doing alright I might put them in a second one. LOL I'm too paranoid. :P 

6 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Spooky seahorse babies! 

Siren-based maybe? We are still missing any water-based monstrosity for halloween even though there's plenty of spooky folklore surrounding seas and rivers around the world.

Siren is a better choice than a seahorse, we already got the Valentine Seahorse and I still didn't figure how that ties into Valentines Day. Though maybe there could be some lore that could explain it....

Edited by natli

Oh ! I managed to egglock myself with new eggs at exactly 11:00, I think there were more eggs at that time ?

Usually, they are taken in a few seconds, but right now it lasted one or two minutes ! I was surprised, but happy ! 😊

9 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

I always incubate them but don't put them in hatcheries till the next day. Then only one then keep an eye on them and if they are doing alright I might put them in a second one. LOL I'm too paranoid. :P 

Same here. and after incubating (and influencing) I fog them. Sometimes I even wait for two days. Then I put them in Allure of Neglected Dragons, and only there. No need for a second one.

I still don't like the fact that it's so wild with no limits.

Like with valentines and christmas you can be chill because you'll catch 2 and no more CB for you, and that's fair. On Halloween everything is wild.

I had no problem with catching my 8 eggs, but my friend was mad as a hornet ;-; 

Also, happy Halloween, I wish you all a lot of candies and fun!

This sucks! I can't believe it could be the first Halloween where I don't catch anything!!! Why can't the eggs drop all day like they used to? This every five minutes thing is infuriating ☹️ 

33 minutes ago, natli said:

Siren is a better choice than a seahorse, we already got the Valentine Seahorse and I still didn't figure how that ties into Valentines Day. Though maybe there could be some lore that could explain it....

Well sirens/mermaids were seducing seamen with their songs and beauty, so I guess that's how they ties?

Valentines = love = seducion I guess

I'm pretty sure they'll just be sitting there by this afternoon.  I could be wrong--but this won't be like a regular release, no other eggs mixing in before it's all over at midnight.  When more people hit egglock, they'll be easy to get.

Awww, these babies look adorable. Grabbed extra two - I was aiming only for a pair, but who knows, maybe I'll trade them for very modest price, or gift=)

I was able to grab 3 now and I'll have 5 hatchlings grow up in 8 hours and after that I'll be able to grab the remaining 5. I could freeze some, but I don't want to.

1 hour ago, Nothing-to-say-or-see said:

All will be better in a few hours,just like when normal new dragon released.6 hours later maybe ok.

Yeah - made a liar out of myself and surprised myself by mash clicking some eggs after posting that. took some work but now the mad rush has settled I got some.

Lesson - keep trying guys - you can do it XD

Argh my internet is too slow and drag cave is too laggy for me to win against 1115 other people online...

and i will be asleep soon so no waiting until it's calmer...

Edited by SomeRandomCorviknight

49 minutes ago, araminta said:

This sucks! I can't believe it could be the first Halloween where I don't catch anything!!! Why can't the eggs drop all day like they used to? This every five minutes thing is infuriating ☹️ 

This is literally how it's always been.

Happy Halloween/Blessed Samhain!

I got one of the new eggs! I am sadly egglocked though until my past Halloween eggs hatch (hopefully in a few hours)

Good Luck everyone!

Just locked myself with the four I needed of these with no trouble at all. Happy Halloween everyone!

Finally was able to catch some on the hour. The hatchlings are very cute. Was hoping for a werewolf theme one year, but these probably ain't it. Lolol. I still like them anyway. They do look like little ghostly seahorses. 

The hatchies don't seem to have any legs, so they're probably wyrms or even amphipteres. :o An amphiptere would be a first as far as Halloween breeds go.

I know it has been implemented some time ago, but I'm so happy about that bottom line of regular AP eggs. I'm currently hunting for last minute zombie fodder.