TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! The dragons stalk glow shrooms huh? Very interesting!

Hopefully I can catch a pair soon hehe

Happy Halloween, DC!

The cave was truly haunted earlier with all the strange goings-on, but seems to have settled.

To those who are worried about the eggs only dropping for one day -- if you have the time to come back later you will likely find that things are much easier. In the past few years, by afternoon the eggs are moving slow enough that it feels like they are dropping continuously. The last year I remember having trouble getting the eggs was way back with the Black Marrows! Yes, it is a catch-all-you-can event, but no one can catch more than 8 and as more people fill their scrolls the demand will die down. I understand the feeling of panic, believe me, but it is likely not justified unless your schedule only allows you a short time right now to catch eggs.

Adding on to what purplehaze said, many people also gift extras and many Halloweens find their way to the AP to be picked up in a few days. 

I got my self egg looked with a bunch of dead eggs. I thought that you couldn't abandon eggs for 24 hours but killing them would free up a slot. This is way I shouldn't egg hunt in the morning when I'm not fully awake. I'm going to miss so many eggs because of this.

15 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Adding on to what purplehaze said, many people also gift extras and many Halloweens find their way to the AP to be picked up in a few days. 

True. In fact, I plan to drop at least two later today to try to replace them with z-code eggs.

Happy Halloween, everone!

Caught my fill at the top of the hour. Thank you, TJ and spriter! :D

*leaves Halloween brownies*

I'm pretty happy, managed to get my farm to a design point that I really like. Probably going to keep it this way ❤️

Fun fact: This has (almost) at least one of each possible decoration.

This event was really fun, came at the time where I needed it the most, too! Thank you!

image.psd(2).png

And there's the little girl! I love the colors very much. I'm sure the adults will be even prettier!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Loving the hatchlings. Thanks TJ and Spriters.

No recent drop yet, which is strange. Usually when I wake up there are many eggs because people have gotten their fill the night before. 

1 hour ago, yoyosoul said:

I got my self egg looked with a bunch of dead eggs. I thought that you couldn't abandon eggs for 24 hours but killing them would free up a slot. This is way I shouldn't egg hunt in the morning when I'm not fully awake. I'm going to miss so many eggs because of this.

Ah, no. Killing an egg takes up an egg slot for 24 hours. 

Where are the Halloween dragons? Are they only in the Halloween biome this year? The other biomes are completely empty. 

3 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Where are the Halloween dragons? Are they only in the Halloween biome this year? The other biomes are completely empty. 

You can find the new eggs in the six main biomes! They drop every 5 minutes or so. Good luck!

These look SOOO beautiful so far :wub: Congratulations to Schen and Wheel on what looks to be an amazing release so far!! I can't wait to see the adults already.

Do I need to have killing slots to exalt pitfires? 

I read somewhere that pitfires doesn't waste the killind action, but I did 5 attempts to create a zombie and now I can't exalt any pitfire.

10 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

There are long drops (3-4 minutes) at the top of each hour.

2 hours ago, yoyosoul said:

You can't abandon caveborn eggs for 5 hours, but bred eggs and eggs from the AP can be abandoned anytime. Killing any egg will take up a slot for 24 hours.

I really wish they would just flood the cave when it's only 1 day, but people can grab up to 8.  I don't have a lot of time to do this today. And I don't want to be trying to catch them next year!  

I love the iridescent looking wings on the hatchlings! It’s been quite difficult for me the past two years when it came to catching the new releases, since I’m rather slow when it comes to clicking on eggs in the cave (not to mention the lag monster), so I’m glad that I managed to catch four of them because they look adorable so far.

6 hours ago, Ripan said:

Spooky seahorse babies! 

Siren-based maybe? We are still missing any water-based monstrosity for halloween even though there's plenty of spooky folklore surrounding seas and rivers around the world.

Yes please! That would be an awesome spooky Halloween breed. 

Definitely liking the s2 male more than the female but I looove the coloring! Hoping more of the wing-coloring becomes apparent on the adults, right now it's kind of hard to make out.