TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

For what is worth, here’s my method on phone/tablet (I have no computer at the moment): open only three tabs, with three different biomes. Start refreshing one tab a minute before the drop. Click as soon as an egg appear, don’t look if I got it but move right away to another tab. Refresh it, click on an egg: when a page has just refreshed, the ad at the bottom of the page blinks for a second so that helps me time my click. Once I’ve clicked an egg in all three tabs, I hit the back button and repeat. 

When did TJ switch from all night/all day drops to this 5 minute baloney and why? I remember wanting to ask on Valentine's but never got around to it. 

1 minute ago, weebleroxanne said:

When did TJ switch from all night/all day drops to this 5 minute baloney and why? I remember wanting to ask on Valentine's but never got around to it. 

Ii dunno but it seriously makes me cry with frustration.

Happy Halloween !

My internet connexion is too slow for now but I will try to grab them later ! 😊

1 hour ago, saltywench said:

The lag is killing me. The thing I hate most is having to hit the back button every time Ii miss an egg and then I have to wait an additional full minute to return to try again. Just turn on the eggs and leave them there until everyone has all they want. Or get rid of the stupid "you failed" page altogether. The game would be so much easier if when you fail, you can just keep trying without getting kicked off into the void, struggling against the current to try one click again. Only send us away to see our egg if we catch it; or even better, let us auto catch any egg we see period. If I grab an egg I want it. Seeing one Gold CB egg in 4 years, and someone else grabbing it a micro-second before I do is heartbreaking. If you're lucky enough to see it in the first place, you should get it. Just make more of the same egg for everyone that sees it, or only show each person an egg they can have. Just GUH. And WHY can we only earn 100 points a week? Some of us play hours a day. Those who play more should get more. *blubs lips in frustration* I hate waiting. XD

First off the link under the mystery egg above the description of the egg you click on is literally coded to be ONE egg. To allow EVERYONE who sees it to get it means the key component of the game, catching eggs, would need to be recoded. Otherwise if you see a CB Gold that was coded say 12345 in the biome and clicked? Then you and the 15 others who ALSO saw it and clicked would all have dragon 12345 on your scrolls. You would then fight over the basics of keeping, influencing, hatching, and naming that ONE single dragon. As each code is attributed to ONLY one dragon.

As to hunting I can't help you if you're not on a computer (recommend aiming more for the hour drops when there are more eggs in the offing if you are though. Also don't care about biome on the dragon itself hunt in the biome with the least activity you can always swap for same breed from different biomes later. Also ONLY have DC be actively using your data/wifi on your tablet/phone for best reload time.) If you have access to a computer you can CTRL click to open in new tabs. On computer you can CTRL R to refresh. So computer hunting is as simple as keeping a finger pressing CTRL and one hovering over R. You press R...wait for the new page to load enough for the codes to be different, click, press r, wait for the code to change, click. Don't know with most browsers but you can check the code by seeing what the link in the lower left says on firefox.

Edit: I make many bad mistakes oops

Edited by Vampyre

This is always the case.

New Eggs get dumped in the Cave every 5 minutes, with a larger batch at the whole hour.

When the eggs are newly released people grab them so fast that the Cave runs out of eggs bevore the next batch is being dropped in. Normally there are so few eggs going that it appears as if the supply is endless.

29 minutes ago, weebleroxanne said:

Not sure what you mean by this? Unless my memory *really* sucks we've never had all night/all day drops. Ever. During holidays the new-holiday is the only thing dropping in any of the regular biomes, but it's not just a continuous 24-hour drop. That's never happened. The cave always puts out a certain amount of eggs every 5 minutes and when those are gone the biome is empty until the next 5-minute mark.

29 minutes ago, saltywench said:

Ii dunno but it seriously makes me cry with frustration.

Its always been this way as far as I know? Just now there are so many people who can grab that the biomes empty out before everyone gets their fill. Think of how horrible it was in the olden days of ONE CAVE.

Loving the liquid metal effect of these eggs. But wow, the site really is struggling with the demand, very glitchy and slooooow.

👻 Happy Halloween !!! ☠️

The lag is horrific in the biomes, only managed to catch 2 eggs during the full hour drop, but even that seemed like a wonder XD

15 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Its always been this way as far as I know? Just now there are so many people who can grab that the biomes empty out before everyone gets their fill. Think of how horrible it was in the olden days of ONE CAVE.

Just had a flashback when I read this to my first Halloween event in 2009 - one cave, lag galore, and a horrifying internet connection. (Needless to say, I did not catch any CB pumpkins back in the day! XD)

51 minutes ago, weebleroxanne said:

I kind of feel it's been like this for a few years already.

The new eggs look very nice! 

The lag is bad but I still managed to get six, mostly on top of the hour and in the Forest.

4 minutes ago, alyelle said:

Just had a flashback when I read this to my first Halloween event in 2009 - one cave, lag galore, and a horrifying internet connection. (Needless to say, I did not catch any CB pumpkins back in the day! XD)

My failed year was the Sweetlings. Couldn’t catch one to save my life! I was so pleased when past Valentines became available in the cave.

11 minutes ago, alyelle said:

I have CB pumpkins from that day but I don't recall if I had someone catch for me or if I just managed to get lucky lol.

Now that I think back...probably sheer luck, lots of mountain dew, and no sleep :P

Edited by Vampyre

I've managed to catch a few despite bad internet and computer, don't give up, guys!

Really not sure why some people seem to remember all day/all night drops, but looking back at News threads (because sometimes my memory does play tricks on me) I don't see that ever happening. Pretty sure we've had the 5-minute-mark drops for *years*, at least since 2015 and probably before then. Maybe it's just the fact that normally the biomes don't really empty out and eggs sit there until the next shuffle, so event-drops emptying out so fast makes it feel like something changed?  It does seem like a few years ago the 5-minute-mark drops were lasting a bit longer, less 'can't get any' posts.

I really need to get to bed soon so I guess I'll have to wait to see TJ's hatchies, love the shiny egg.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I just caught 6 and 7 now. Would have had #8 but I had grabbed an AP egg that I wasn't able to abandon in time.

Hopefully I catch it on this drop.

And I'm bowing out. Caught my full set of 8. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Spyridon

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

For what is worth, here’s my method on phone/tablet (I have no computer at the moment): open only three tabs, with three different biomes. Start refreshing one tab a minute before the drop. Click as soon as an egg appear, don’t look if I got it but move right away to another tab. Refresh it, click on an egg: when a page has just refreshed, the ad at the bottom of the page blinks for a second so that helps me time my click. Once I’ve clicked an egg in all three tabs, I hit the back button and repeat. 

This works really nicely, thanks! I caught four easily, now will just wait for my bred eggs to hatch so I can catch the rest after breakfast!

Ohhh, one of TJ's hatched and *wow* that hatchie!! It's just freaking adorable, I mean the description is very Halloween-y but the sprite is so CUTE!!  .... Telling myself it's too early to get my hopes up regarding the body-type, but I'd love another wyrm Halloween breed....