TJ09

2021-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone! The new egg looks and sounds pretty; can't wait to see what the dragon design looks like~ managed to get one somehow, so that's good enough for me!

Is anyone else's farm not replenishing energy though? I've stored up a lot of gold to decorate on the last day, but my energy's stuck at 0 so I can't harvest my fields 😢

"Your mouse struggles to completely click on the link coming through this laggy egg."

24 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Sounds like TJ needs to pay for a better server cause this one isn't handling the strain no more. I only have a few hours before I need to sleep and I probably will be gone until very late once I wake up. So likely I'll be fighting everyone in the dang Halloween biome NEXT year for just a few of these...

The link to donate to the upkeep of the site is right here! It's currently at 0%.

15 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

This is impossible simply impossible. So far worst Halloween I've ever had on DC. I get ONE try before lag makes it take about 2 forking minutes to load by which time ALLLLLLLLLLLL the Halloween eggs have been snatched. Betting everyone who has had luck have high speed gaming computers not crappy little laptops like me.

I have a 2k high speed gaming computer and I'm not doing much better. Patience - it will clear up as the night/day goes on. People get their fill and then don't need to hunt anymore.

holy crap- i just cleared a bunch of stones from my farm and the lag reverted it and played it back for me at high speed because of the lag. 

This is for science: if anyone has managed to get an egg and also has a Jester dragon on their scroll, please let me know if the egg sorts before or after the jester in breed sort. :)

Before! Thank you @Library_gremlin and @AncientElm.

Edited by 0x08

4 minutes ago, surelychoo said:

Is anyone else's farm not replenishing energy though? I've stored up a lot of gold to decorate on the last day, but my energy's stuck at 0 so I can't harvest my fields 😢

Mine isnt either, which is just making my farm stress worse... 

Just now, lexi_ said:

holy crap- i just cleared a bunch of stones from my farm and the lag reverted it and played it back for me at high speed because of the lag. 

i'm actually envious of this experience...!

Just now, miaou said:

i'm actually envious of this experience...!

it was pretty cool to see all of it played back, but for a second i was afraid i'd have to do it over again before it worked properly

5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I been doing that...takes almost 2 minutes to load the "You failed Haha" page. I literally had about 25 pages+ of missed catches open at the main drop...all different codes. I counted them.

Yes I had as many fails...and several that never loaded. I killed off all the tabs and checked my scroll. That was how I found out I actually got something. 

It does get easier as people go to bed, or get their max. The bad lag has been a thing for new holiday dragons since I've been playing which was 2009. That's because EVERYONE wants to get their eggs first. So massive lag is a thing. 

man this is my first time back in years and even on a pretty high end gaming comp with it hard wired in i'm still struggling... i have yet to get one with this lag.

5 minutes ago, Kaini said:

The link to donate to the upkeep of the site is right here! It's currently at 0%.

I have a 2k high speed gaming computer and I'm not doing much better. Patience - it will clear up as the night/day goes on. People get their fill and then don't need to hunt anymore.

I've donated multiple times in the past year, but honestly this *is* worse lag than usual event-lag. I'm here at the start of every single new release and the start of every holiday drop and it lags, there are tombstone errors, but not usually *this* bad for this long.

If halloween biome wasn't flooded by older eggs, lags would be much less heavy as ppl would refresh only each five minutes instead of every second or so.

I'm sure this isn't a client hardware issue as site simply wouldn't load even on small pages like main page or the help.

Eggs look cool though. Hope I will be able to catch any)

Hopefully clears up soon! I might get some sleep in the meantime though... zzz...

6 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

This is for science: if anyone has managed to get an egg and also has a Jester dragon on their scroll, please let me know if the egg sorts before or after the jester in breed sort. :)

Before. 

6 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

They sort before Jesters.  

Neat looking eggs and description! Can't wait to see the adult. Egg color kinda remind me of Aqualis, and the shine kinda looks like venturis. May try to do a lineage project from this alone lol

6 minutes ago, Nakti said:

If halloween biome wasn't flooded by older eggs, lags would be much less heavy as ppl would refresh only each five minutes instead of every second or so.

I'm sure this isn't a client hardware issue as site simply wouldn't load even on small pages like main page or the help.

Eggs look cool though. Hope I will be able to catch any)

Halloween is also always the worst holiday because of the fact that there are no limits. 

Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better once the fastest catchers are full up on eggs and those of us having no luck will move up in line a bit. 

Edit: either that was the shortest drop in history or there were no eggs on the hour? 

Edited by kerrikins

3 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Edit: either that was the shortest drop in history or there were no eggs on the hour? 

It's not just you, there wasn't a drop.

4 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Halloween is also always the worst holiday because of the fact that there are no limits. 

Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better once the fastest catchers are full up on eggs and those of us having no luck will move up in line a bit. 

Yeah there were no new eggs for me either... 🤔😕