TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Anyone else's sapphires getting sick super easy?

I incubated my sapphire I bought from the market so it was around 6 days, then it got around 150 views before it got sick? 

Now it's at 5 days and 8 hours and it's got sick at 300, so I warded it, then just decided to fog it at 700 views. 

Happy Birthday DC! Definitely a bit on the tougher side. Bless who came up with all these nooks and crannies of dragonhood. A lot to travel through.

1 hour ago, BlitzDrake said:

I incubated my sapphire I bought from the market so it was around 6 days, then it got around 150 views before it got sick? 

Now it's at 5 days and 8 hours and it's got sick at 300, so I warded it, then just decided to fog it at 700 views. 

Yeah, I'm finding it's less about how soon an egg can hatch and more about how quickly an egg accumulates views within a span of time; I've had so many eggs getting sick during this event that I never had a problem with before.

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Yeah, I'm finding it's less about how soon an egg can hatch and more about how quickly an egg accumulates views within a span of time; I've had so many eggs getting sick during this event that I never had a problem with before.

Your sig might be adding to the sickness. you have your current egg as a view link instead of a lineage link. It's much easier for it to get sick that way. Aside from that, everyone is clicking on the new eggs, so they'll get more views faster.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Your sig might be adding to the sickness. you have your current egg as a view link instead of a lineage link. It's much easier for it to get sick that way. Aside from that, everyone is clicking on the new eggs, so they'll get more views faster.

Oh, that's just one egg I'm trying to turn yellow, but it's currently capped on OVs because it doesn't have enough UVs. I normally don't have my eggs in my signature. But yeah, I've done a bit of that myself on click sites to get encyclopedia info; the thing is that I have eggs that aren't new releases getting sick where they otherwise wouldn't, so my best guess is that the new release has people flooding click sites with more OVs that are making eggs sick quicker.

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

Oh, that's just one egg I'm trying to turn yellow, but it's currently capped on OVs because it doesn't have enough UVs. I normally don't have my eggs in my signature. But yeah, I've done a bit of that myself on click sites to get encyclopedia info; the thing is that I have eggs that aren't new releases getting sick where they otherwise wouldn't, so my best guess is that the new release has people flooding click sites with more OVs that are making eggs sick quicker.

Ah, my bad. 

That makes me think tbh. Which will be harder down the line. Getting a Sapph to turn yellow, or getting it to stay blue. 

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Ah, my bad. 

That makes me think tbh. Which will be harder down the line. Getting a Sapph to turn yellow, or getting it to stay blue. 

I'd say turning yellow personally if getting it to 4k without killing it is the requirement for it to turn; I've had a pretty easy time getting Pink eggs to hatch well under 2.5-3k views (assuming they can even be turned yellow after turning pink), so hatching a blue should be fairly simple if someone waits until it's ER-able.

Edited by Myoukin

1 hour ago, BlitzDrake said:

Incubation doesn't turn it into a real 6-day egg.  It gets sick as easily as a 7-day egg.  I tend to wait to incubate until they reach 6 days so that I remember that they are new eggs.

I'm going to breed my sapphire's and abandon them, but does anyone know yet if the pink and yellow sapphires will breed true or not?

3 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

I'm going to breed my sapphire's and abandon them, but does anyone know yet if the pink and yellow sapphires will breed true or not?

As far as I've seen, they breed blue eggs regardless of the adult's color. You only get pinks from willingly abandoned AP eggs and yellows from eggs with 4k+ OVs.

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

As far as I've seen, they breed blue eggs regardless of the adult's color. You only get pinks from willingly abandoned AP eggs and yellows from eggs with 4k+ OVs.

OK, thanks, I was afraid of that. 

In case anybody wasn't paying attention, the secondary colors of florets are hatching now. Time to click those hatchlings to unlock the sprites in the Encyclopedia!

And a sarcastic "thank you" to whomever dubbed them "chonky chickens." That's the only way I can think of them as I search through the hatcheries. ;)

13 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

And a sarcastic "thank you" to whomever dubbed them "chonky chickens." That's the only way I can think of them as I search through the hatcheries. ;)

I didn’t know it was a thing until you said something. 😆 For your ~eggspam removed~ pleasure. Named the day she hatched. 

Edited by Kaini

4 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

Fuming right now. I bought a canto and I did not incubate it, because I had warded it, in the hopes of getting the Tutela variant... it grew up as Mundus. I read all my action log and it seems I did not ward it at all 😡😭

Now I don't feel so bad because I apparently did the same thing. 😭

4 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Thank you, I will try this. :)

Bred a sapphire egg and will abandon it after hatching. 

4 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

@kiramaru7 did say they'd recently seen blue sapphire hatchlings in the AP (and @ShorahNagi picked one up there). Since there is no mechanic (yet!) that auto-abandons hatchlings, they must have been wilfully abandoned as hatchlings and didn't turn. But that's all assumptions. You can run the experiment if you like, and we'll know for sure.

Abandoned blue hatchies do not turn pink, it's been tested.

It is possible to auto-hatchies actually, eq attempts that hatch have a chance to hatch to the ap instead of staying on your scroll.

52 minutes ago, Tini said:

Abandoned blue hatchies do not turn pink, it's been tested.

It is possible to auto-hatchies actually, eq attempts that hatch have a chance to hatch to the ap instead of staying on your scroll.

That's right, they can run away. Didn't they used to end up in the wilderness, back in the day? I remember joining a wilderness hatchers group that would look for hatchlings and "adopt" them to make sure they got views to grow up. Now hatchlings in the wilderness are frozen.

15 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

and also did a 99 red balloons collection (actually 100 in the collection, the last being named "Think of You and Let It Go"

That's cool. B)

15 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

.... so, this?

1075615796_peachberryirisf.png.66254af42ff951d2da4c1709ade4fb0b.png7426768_peachberryirism.png.9c6e2ef7f59986cff2f81a636616617d.png

... that I just downloaded by clicking on the ones on the first post in this topic? Right-click save image from the view page?

Because anything other than that, like say, something with the layers so you could edit it yourself, would be stealing that art from the spriter. Who, by the way, is reading this thread.

...Aaand this is not. I wanted a screenshot of those dragons, yes, to see if they can be obtained as CB or if they're breed only. Super not cool to be implying that I'm dumb enough to steal them, so check your reading comprehension, please.

8 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

...Aaand this is not. I wanted a screenshot of those dragons, yes, to see if they can be obtained as CB or if they're breed only. Super not cool to be implying that I'm dumb enough to steal them, so check your reading comprehension, please.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Would you prefer I edit out my comment, or leave it with an added apology? Since you are the offended party I will abide by your decision.

The only new floret that is available in the cave is the peach-and-pink new version. The peach-and-pink old style is breed only, and appears to be the least common one. As far as we have been able to determine, the colors are random, but at least one parent must be of the alstro floret style — which, thus far has only been the new peach-colored egg, available in the jungle.

As the new second-generation with the breed-only colors achieves adulthood, we will be able to resume experimenting to see how the other colors work in the breeding scheme.

5 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Would you prefer I edit out my comment, or leave it with an added apology? Since you are the offended party I will abide by your decision.

An apology would be nice. Thanks for the response. Next time, just ask a person if you don't understand them.

The only new floret that is available in the cave is the peach-and-pink new version. The peach-and-pink old style is breed only, and appears to be the least common one. As far as we have been able to determine, the colors are random, but at least one parent must be of the alstro floret style — which, thus far has only been the new peach-colored egg, available in the jungle.

That sucks if true, and also doesn't make any sense, but I guess I'll wait and see if it gets confirmed.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

28 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

That sucks if true, and also doesn't make any sense, but I guess I'll wait and see if it gets confirmed.

Not sure what kind of confirmation you want, it's definitely not a given that we'll get actual confirmation from the spriter/creator, but so far it's 100% true. No one has reported getting any of the new Florets in the biomes except the Jungle peach one, and all of the other types have been proven to be available through breeding the Jungle peach with the old purple or gold. If you'd like to see the data people have gathered take a look at this spreadsheet (under "Floret Trials").

edit: Although, looking at the spreadsheet, I don't think I see any breeding results giving peach-Iris eggs? I know I've *seen* the peach-Iris eggs (those are the dark pink ones, right?), but it's possible that was during the glitch breeding period... Hmm.

Edited by HeatherMarie

6 hours ago, Myoukin said:

I'd say turning yellow personally if getting it to 4k without killing it is the requirement for it to turn; I've had a pretty easy time getting Pink eggs to hatch well under 2.5-3k views (assuming they can even be turned yellow after turning pink), so hatching a blue should be fairly simple if someone waits until it's ER-able.

You don't have to do it as an egg. It will turn as a hatchling and is easily possible without ever being sick. Just ramp up the number of hatcheries over time.

A pink can not become yellow nor can a yellow turn pink. 

1 hour ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

An apology would be nice. Thanks for the response. Next time, just ask a person if you don't understand them.

Floret_Wyvern_egg_gold.gif -> E6uF3 / jz5W8 Floret_Wyvern_egg_purple.gif-> ufqA1 / M2Wu9 The purple variant can be found in the Forest, the gold variant in Alpine. The pink variant is breed only.

1-> bwGPgY3yhD  The orange egg/pink Alstroemeria can be found in the Jungle. The gold and purple variant are breed only.

I can't say exactly the combo's or pairing of breeds you need for each type as people are still figuring it out, I hope this helps.

I just bred ALL my CB coppers (and I have 26.)

I got 3 refusals (I wasn't wasting purples on this !), 1 copper egg - and I'm still not sure if it's a bright one (anyone ?)

image.png.a7dba0690c9bbd0f29457fb8dccf454b.png

- and a load of other breeds or no interests.

THAT was frustrating.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just bred ALL my CB coppers (and I have 26.)

I got 3 refusals (I wasn't wasting purples on this !), 1 copper egg - and I'm still not sure if it's a bright one (anyone ?)

image.png.a7dba0690c9bbd0f29457fb8dccf454b.png

- and a load of other breeds or no interests.

THAT was frustrating.

I had the same issue. Anyways, it looks more like a Rainbow to me in this screenshot (the gray shading on the upper right hand corner of the egg is not present on the Pennybright egg)

I was afraid of that....