TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 hour ago, Seejey said:

It is weird for me to see so many players worried about about how to get 4000 views or having a sick egg. I consider it a kind of side game to try and get as many views as I can so the few dragons in my scroll with less than 10000 views were either traded or donated then I wasn't there to slowly add them to all the hatcheries since creation. None ever died on me. The worst case was when I hid an egg that got sick while I was asleep and it wasn't cured untill the evening.

I know most don't have the time to keep an eye on them, I'm just sharing my experience.

The wiki says to "check them daily (or at least once every two days)", and though someone posted about getting viewbombed yesterday, I think that, if you can check them in a few hours, you shouldn't worry about them getting sick.

It's like human babies, when your first child gets a cold, YOU get worried sick, but they turn out alright. 😊

Yes that someone is me,Ok I'm not on DC ALL day,I don't need to be watching my eggs/hatchies 24/7...I shouldn't have to..yes I check them,but it's impossible especially at night..😒I don't have children..so 😑nothing to say there..this 15th b.day release has been a mixed bag with so many ways to get the new eggs,but to have my eggs I caught on 27th die on same day is frustrating..☹️😣I don't wish it on anyone who is a DC collector of these beautiful eggs/dragons,there's a lot of others who enjoy this game as do I,but to see my eggs/hatchies sick almost every day since 24th is...annoying,now I have to come on more often to check my eggs/hatchies..😡🙄

12 hours ago, rachii.xo said:

Yes that someone is me,Ok I'm not on DC ALL day,I don't need to be watching my eggs/hatchies 24/7...I shouldn't have to..yes I check them,but it's impossible especially at night..😒I don't have children..so 😑nothing to say there..this 15th b.day release has been a mixed bag with so many ways to get the new eggs,but to have my eggs I caught on 27th die on same day is frustrating..☹️😣I don't wish it on anyone who is a DC collector of these beautiful eggs/dragons,there's a lot of others who enjoy this game as do I,but to see my eggs/hatchies sick almost every day since 24th is...annoying,now I have to come on more often to check my eggs/hatchies..😡🙄

I hope you didn't take my comment as a criticism on your playstyle. It obviously wasn't your fault. I was referring to players worrying about how to turn a Sapph yellow without it getting sick because my eggs and hatchies get sick all the time and that's no big deal. I just mentioned your case as it proves the wiki wrong for saying that checking every 2 days is enough (maybe 6 hours or so because the duration of warding might have something to do with it? I'm not so sure that they take into consideration our need to sleep).

I'll edit it to make it clearer. Sorry that it wasn't.

Edited by Seejey

If it helps, I use the game as an anxiety relief, gathering dragons that I can look through and possibly draw later. Usually waiting until they're about a day old and then throwing them into a few hatcheries is enough to ward off sickness, but that's been my experience.

Oh my gosh!!! How did I not see this!??! I missed it!!! Ugh!! Such beautiful alts though!!

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

…and I just realized that might be why some cantor eggs in trade are labeled warded. I'd been thinking that those people were trying to trade the new color without hatching them, and didn't realize that they will become orange instead of white as soon as they're traded.

I think its probably a mix of people trying to trade ward eggs, and people warning. Either way its good to know for the trader!

1 hour ago, rachii.xo said:

It doesn't have to get sick. Start with your normal hatcheries and come back a day later and throw it in more. Once it hatches throw it in everything.  Mine is over 7000 still has more than a day before it can grow and has never been sick.

1 hour ago, rachii.xo said:

I'm so sorry your eggs died, that can be so frustrating. I *always* fog new releases for at least 24 hours (usually longer) for this very reason. Sometimes it's viewbombing, but sometimes it's just the significant increase in hatchery traffic that gives new-release eggs more stats faster than usual. In my experience new release eggs are always more at risk for sickness because of that. 

(If your eggs/hatchies are getting sick repeatedly, you might want to try keeping them fogged for awhile, even after the sickness message goes away. Sometimes they just have too many stats for their age so letting them age a bit while fogged can help.)

I think I completely jinxed myself by telling my mom what luck I've been having in the AP, oops. I can't even count the number of Gemshards I've seen and missed today, and even non-new-release eggs are getting snatched faster than I can click. 

Well, we've hit another lull in the floret testing. Most people have bred their release-day adults, so now we're waiting for those second gens with the new colors to grow up to play with them some more. (I will not be much help in the next stage, because every egg I got was peach.)

Notes:

• For ease of terminology, I am calling the bred-only eggs the "secondary colors". The three colors available in the cave are the "primary colors"
  • Individual colors, for simplicity's sake, are referred to by their egg colors: iris florets are gold/purple/berry, alstro florets are bronze/lilac/peach.
  • The numbers given are specifically only those bred eggs that were reported in this forum. I went back to page 68—the first reported breeding of an adult peach floret—and collected every one. So this doesn't include what's in the hatcheries or from the discord users, unless somebody reported it in this topic.

Theory 1: to get a secondary color egg, you must cross an iris floret with an alstro floret.

• In this initial breeding, the only successful secondary color eggs had one peach parent and an iris floret parent. I don't think peach is required per se; it was just our only alstro option at the time.
  • Every breeding of a primary color adult with a non-floret parent gave a primary color egg (or the other parent, which is discarded as non-helpful for these experiments).

Prediction: I think secondary colors will be a possibility from any alstro x iris pairing. We may not notice it at first, because peach (a primary color) is the most prevalent result so far.

Theory 2: The color of the parents doesn't matter (random non-equal distribution), as long as you have an iris floret and an alstro floret.

• Peach, bronze, and lilac eggs have been seen from all possible combinations of peach with purple or gold. (We don't have enough berry eggs to say yet on those, but I have no reason to think it's different.)
    ...male peach x female gold (1 berry seen)
    ...female peach x male gold (1 berry seen)
    ...male peach x female purple
    ...female peach x male purple (4 berries seen)
  • Secondary colors are not guaranteed. Not even counting the prevalence of peach eggs from all pairings, we have also seen a few pairings that resulted in a gold or purple egg. These are very few right now, but that's likely because the peaches are new and trying to "catch up" to the desired balance of numbers.
  • The distribution is definitely not equal. Berry (pink iris) is clearly the rare one of the six colors. Color distribution of bred eggs reported in this forum (note: glitch eggs not counted because they would only skew the results):
    ...2 gold (leaving out the pairings that did not include an alstro)
    ...3 purple (leaving out the pairings that did not include an alstro)
    ...6 berry (Checked with the other person to determine duplicates.)
    ..11 lilac
    ..10 bronze
    ..35 peach (not counting peach x peach pairings)

Where this gets wonky is that we've specifically been told that peach x peach should only give peach. (Treasure those glitches, you lucky people who have them!) The purples and golds have been known to throw the other color—which is confirmed to still be happening. The only one I've seen* had a non-cb purple crossed with a non-floret to give a gold egg. There were golds in the ancestry. (*Remember that any instances from before this event started are irrelevant.)

• Is that going to remain only a purple-and-gold "thing"? Or are alstros going to do this as well?
  • If the alstros do it, will it be only peach eggs that result? After all, the purple and gold—the colors exhibiting this behavior—are primary colors, and peach is the only other one of those.
  • Is it only when breeding to a non-floret? If peach x peach is required to breed true, I would think that would apply to all like-to-like pairings.
  • Is it necessary to have the other color in the lineage of the floret parent? Or can a cb crossed with a non-floret also give another primary color?
Edited by Fyrebird
Berry number update

I bought 2 cantos and quaked them, both didn't get affected. I forgot to influence them, so I just did. I know influencing did not affect the cantormaris colour, but... fingers crossed they turn green!

15 hours ago, MissK. said:

I haven't seen any either and I've been hunting a lot. But then again I didn't always check the lineages, because if I find out I missed a CB I'll be very salty lol.

I caught one a few days ago, and gifted it to another who had zero luck catching any, and then a friend of mine grabbed a CB that was labeled from the market. 

She said she was going to gift it to me, but because it said market, it wouldn't let her. Is that how market eggs work, even if you catch them from the AP? Seems a bit odd of a rule if you AP catch them.

@Naughtrish It should turn green if that was the last action you used on it, other than influence. As long as the eggs survive the Earthquake action they should turn green if that was the last 'coloring altering' action used.

Edited by Syiren

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Is that how market eggs work, even if you catch them from the AP?

Market eggs cannot be traded regardless of their source (i.e. Market or AP).

I need more purples... XD

Now I'm trying to gather royal CBs in blue and crimson to complete pairings.

Just bred 2 pairs of M peach lily Floret × F purple iris Floret and got one bronze lily egg and one lilac lily egg for those keeping track

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Market eggs cannot be traded regardless of their source (i.e. Market or AP).

Ah, so that is how it's supposed to be. Thanks, Lagie! ^_^

Just now, Syiren said:

Ah, so that is how it's supposed to be. Thanks, Lagie! ^_^

You're welcome! :)

3 minutes ago, Denwayasha said:

Just bred 2 pairs of M peach lily Floret × F purple iris Floret and got one bronze lily egg and one lilac lily egg for those keeping track

Congrats! :)

Everyone else: *hunting pink sapphires*

Me: *hunting stray electric eggs*

Though I did finally get a peach floret on a misclick from the AP so, I'm happy

has anyone figured out how to get the orginal lineart of the peach florets? i had one of my alstros full grow and its so pretty ❤️

i cant wait to breed ir but my orginal florets are on cooldown unfortunately ill be able to breed them tomorrow ^^

The frenzy seems to be coming to an end in the biomes. Yesterday the Alpine had less than 5 people at times (if you trust that counter). I even managed to get an Electric and a Nilia and that means something because I've been trying for the past few days and only saw two Electrics and no Nilias before (never spent more than one hour at a time but I did check at every new eggslot) and I have a lame connection and lame skills.

Edited by Seejey

53 minutes ago, Denwayasha said:

I've put it on my personal, this-thread-only list. Did you want it on Shokomon's experiment spreadsheet also?

I've put it on my personal, this-thread-only list. Did you want it on Shokomon's experiment spreadsheet also?

Sure, go ahead! :)

27 minutes ago, Denwayasha said:

Sure, go ahead! :)

Done!

2 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

has anyone figured out how to get the orginal lineart of the peach florets? i had one of my alstros full grow and its so pretty ❤️

i cant wait to breed ir but my orginal florets are on cooldown unfortunately ill be able to breed them tomorrow ^^

what exactly are you looking for?

Well, I didn't get any pink sapphires, or the low-time red I was looking for, but I am now the proud owner of 3 royal blues: 1 cb, 2 royal purple fails (that I had decided to collect for a checkerboard.

One thing about doing all your "shopping" on the AP is that, as long as your incubates hold out, everything hatches within hours.

Ou~ I wonder what'd the Warded Cantomaris would look like when paired with the Garland Holiday dragons for a checker? :wub:

Well, I didn't get any pink sapphires, or the low-time red I was looking for, but I am now the proud owner of 3 royal blues: 1 cb, 2 royal purple fails (that I had decided to collect for a checkerboard.

One thing about doing all your "shopping" on the AP is that, as long as your incubates hold out, everything hatches within hours.

Yup! A good 90% of my hunting is AP, I have 120-ish Red dragons and even under the most extreme circumstances (like constantly grabbing-hatching for trades or freezing) I haven't run out of Incubates in years. Of course it also comes with the drawback of eventually being locked with almost all hatchlings that won't grow for a good day or two, lol.

I'm still seeing pink Sapphires in the AP fairly regularly, trying to curb my instinct to ninja-click each one I see as I have enough to start with (not for my scroll goals, but enough for the moment) and I'm hoping later on there might be more chance of finding pink messies. 

I managed to get the three pink sapphires I needed from the AP, and one of them was even marketborn! (The others were bred). I bought 3 sapphires from the market and just chucked them into the AP to pay it back.

Anyway, I like that we got more Cantomaris, and I think the Royal Eminence dragons look really cool.