TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

and I'm still not sure if it's a bright one (anyone ?)

Ruby Eyes posted this very helpful hint in the Current Thought thread

Go to the egg's view page. Open the Copper Encyclopedia page in a new tab.
Right-click the egg's image from its view page and check the image information (namely, the file name).
Right-click the eggs' images in the Encyclopedia page and check their file information (file name).
If the last row's file name matches your egg's file name, it's a new one. If the second row's file name matches, it's an old one.

Edited by purplehaze

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

(I haven't even seen a Sapphire in the biomes since the release, but once things calm down I do intend to hunt for some specifically to abandon.)

This is my plan as well once I get my two CBs. I offered on a trade, we'll see if I get it. 😬

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Ruby Eyes posted this very helpful hint in the Current Thought thread

Thanks. Damn. It's a rainbow.

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thanks. Damn. It's a rainbow.

Don't feel bad, I let one get to adulthood before realizing he was a rainbow after all.

I named him Ea-Nasir, after the Mesopotamian who was selling bad copper to his customers 4,000 years ago. (wikipedia)

18 hours ago, lexi_ said:

i'm getting discouraged about the pink sapphires :( i'm not interested in bred ones but i cant pick up any CBs or market pinks. this is really frustrating, especially since i myself spent the shards i was saving to help others by buying 3 and abandoning and have gotten nothing in return..

Yep, I sent about a dozen cb's to the AP and can't catch anything at all, and I have given up both hunting and giving.  

34 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Yep, I sent about a dozen cb's to the AP and can't catch anything at all, and I have given up both hunting and giving.  

One thing to keep in mind is that any pink market sapphires found in the AP can't be gifted or traded.  Market eggs can only be kept or abandoned (well, or killed).  Any that are gifted or traded to you must be from the cave.

43 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Don't feel bad, I let one get to adulthood before realizing he was a rainbow after all.

In order to avoid that, I allowed the old Copper I'd bred immediately before the new one to grow up alongside it, so I'd get used to spotting the differences! 😆 Luckily, I can see them quite clearly on my PC.

baby copper.PNG

I never said a word about being gifted personally, I mean GIFTED as in dropping into the AP, as I did.

Clearly, more people just want to take, and if all of the people who have gotten multiple pink eggs in the AP had given back even 1, there would have been more of them.  Even a surplus.

So after dropping a dozen, I am done.

2 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I never said a word about being gifted personally, I mean GIFTED as in dropping into the AP, as I did.

Clearly, more people just want to take, and if all of the people who have gotten multiple pink eggs in the AP had given back even 1, there would have been more of them.  Even a surplus.

So after dropping a dozen, I am done.

But keep in mind that they can't give away anything from the market.  Any gifting has to be true caveborns or bred ones.  You can't trade (even one-way) anything from the market.  So anyone picking up those market eggs can only keep or abandon them.

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

But keep in mind that they can't give away anything from the market.  Any gifting has to be true caveborns or bred ones.  You can't trade (even one-way) anything from the market.  So anyone picking up those market eggs can only keep or abandon them.

From what you quoted - -  I mean GIFTED as in dropping into the AP,

And you keep misunderstanding - I am saying GIFTING as in putting into the AP....NOT personally.  Please read what I said.

BUY or CATCH an egg and then GIFT it by dropping into the AP.  I don't think that's hard to understand?

Really, I am being very clear - I keep saying drop into the AP, you keep saying trade...and I said not that, but rather dropping into the AP.  I cannot explain it any more clearly.

52 minutes ago, daba555 said:

And as always, just to make a liar out of me, the universe gave me one.  I am looking for a CB Skysilk, and so then clicked on a sapphire and go tit - after days of misses.

Thank you, universe.

Edited by daba555

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I don't think they're talking about trading at all; their grievance is how they feel like more people are hunting the parentless eggs in the AP than there are people donating parentless eggs to the AP.

I can understand the frustration since it's the one big flaw for Pink Sapphires; they're completely reliant on the selfless charity of others, the luck of being in the right place at the right time, and the reflexes to actually grab one. Also, just one market egg costs two weeks worth of effort collecting shards to even buy (200 shards), so it's a steep price to pay for nothing in return. 

5 minutes ago, daba555 said:

From what you quoted - -  I mean GIFTED as in dropping into the AP,

And you keep misunderstanding - I am saying GIFTING as in putting into the AP....NOT personally.  Please read what I said.

BUY or CATCH an egg and then GIFT it by dropping into the AP.  I don't think that's hard to understand?

Really, I am being very clear - I keep saying drop into the AP, you keep saying trade...and I said not that, but rather dropping into the AP.  I cannot explain it any more clearly.

Hi.  :)

I understand exactly what you are saying.  I am saying that those who pick them up in the AP must keep or abandon.  The way that relates to your point is that anyone who picks one up in the AP and keeps it can't gift it if isn't market egg.  Some seem to be implying that folks with good connections and multiple eggs should pick them up in the AP and gift them.  They can't.  I'm not writing about what you're doing.  I'm writing about what AP hunters are doing.  I hope that this makes sense.  :) 

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

I don't think they're talking about trading at all; their grievance is how they feel like more people are hunting the parentless eggs in the AP than there are people donating parentless eggs to the AP.

I can understand the frustration since it's the one big flaw for Pink Sapphires; they're completely reliant on the selfless charity of others, the luck of being in the right place at the right time, and the reflexes to actually grab one. Also, just one market egg costs two weeks worth of effort collecting shards to even buy (200 shards), so it's a steep price to pay for nothing in return. 

Sure, I get it.  But you can't force people to buy from the market and abandon.  And who knows who would end up with them anyway.  It's a lousy mechanic that only engenders bad feeling.  Maybe TJ will decide to change it.

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Hi.  :)

I understand exactly what you are saying.  I am saying that those who pick them up in the AP must keep or abandon.  The way that relates to your point is that anyone who picks one up in the AP and keeps it can't gift it if isn't market egg.  Some seem to be implying that folks with good connections and multiple eggs should pick them up in the AP and gift them.  They can't.  I'm not writing about what you're doing.  I'm writing about what AP hunters are doing.  I hope that this makes sense.  :) 

Since you were quoting me, of course I took it to mean you were replying to me.  Now that you say you are NOT, but replying generally, I am done.

Just now, daba555 said:

Since you were quoting me, of course I took it to mean you were replying to me.  Now that you say you are NOT, but replying generally, I am done.

I was replying to you, but still talking about AP hunters.  Those aren't mutually exclusive...

I have not been able to snag a single pink sapphire in the AP, I have seen plenty but have not been able to snag one. I do not like that the AP is the only way to get one. I have spent a lot of time refreshing the AP in the hopes of catching one.

Finally, decided to give up on it as a lost cause.

I think I will wait for people to have reasonable trades or just skip having one.

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I was replying to you, but still talking about AP hunters.  Those aren't mutually exclusive...

Yeah, it is when your reply is not about what I said, at all.  Don't quote me if you are not actually replying to my thought, which was not about gifting through trade at all, and then repeat it again while still qupting me.

Just now, daba555 said:

Yeah, it is when your reply is not about what I said, at all.  Don't quote me if you are not actually replying to my thought, which was not about gifting through trade at all, and then repeat it again while still qupting me.

Gotcha.  I don't plan to ever quote you again, if that helps.  :) 

1 minute ago, jedisunny said:

I have not been able to snag a single pink sapphire in the AP, I have seen plenty but have not been able to snag one. I do not like that the AP is the only way to get one. I have spent a lot of time refreshing the AP in the hopes of catching one.

Finally, decided to give up on it as a lost cause.

I think I will wait for people to have reasonable trades or just skip having one.

I've only had sporadic luck catching pink sapphires, with only one of them being a lucky market egg. I'm really hoping for a change in the mechanic (please let fogging the egg to keep it from getting views until it's ERable or lower become a thing).

I received one pink CB Sapphire as a very generous gift. If I could find even one CB Sapphire in the cave I would be most happy to abandon it and give someone else a chance. I do plan to abandon any that I catch. I have not seen even one since the birthday release started.

I am not willing to use my shards to buy one and abandon. Sorry, but as someone said above the price is too high and it is not a sustainable way to keep giving since each one costs 2 weeks worth of shards. I happen to choose to save my shards for things I could never hope to find in the cave (Stats, I'm looking at you!)

I don't blame people for being frustrated that they are unable to catch them -- believe me I have wasted hours myself in the AP and missed every single one that I did see after going hours seeing none at all. I don't think that means people are being greedy, though, any more than people are being greedy when they are able to catch rares in the cave. It is just the way the game works. I do think this is a bad mechanic to be the only way to catch these dragons! I would love to see another way. (Sadly I doubt that is going to happen.) So the only way most of us are ever going to be able to get CBs is if everyone keeps catching and abandoning them without getting salty because they haven't caught any themselves, yet. Just my opinion.

I will absolutely be abandoning some CB sapphires once I can get my goal pair of yellows from each biome.

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I received one pink CB Sapphire as a very generous gift. If I could find even one CB Sapphire in the cave I would be most happy to abandon it and give someone else a chance. I do plan to abandon any that I catch. I have not seen even one since the birthday release started.

I am not willing to use my shards to buy one and abandon. Sorry, but as someone said above the price is too high and it is not a sustainable way to keep giving since each one costs 2 weeks worth of shards. I happen to choose to save my shards for things I could never hope to find in the cave (Stats, I'm looking at you!)

I don't blame people for being frustrated that they are unable to catch them -- believe me I have wasted hours myself in the AP and missed every single one that I did see after going hours seeing none at all. I don't think that means people are being greedy, though, any more than people are being greedy when they are able to catch rares in the cave. It is just the way the game works. I do think this is a bad mechanic to be the only way to catch these dragons! I would love to see another way. (Sadly I doubt that is going to happen.) So the only way most of us are ever going to be able to get CBs is if everyone keeps catching and abandoning them without getting salty because they haven't caught any themselves, yet. Just my opinion.

Guess you told me....

"Too expensive" for you to do one, but I left a dozen.  But I'm bad for being salty over others grabbing and not contributing?

Yeah, thanks for that.  And now really done with this whole thread, and with being nice to anyone.  Criticize all you want, I won't see it

I've left this thread open as we're still figuring out mechanics, but if we cannot be civil to one another, it will be closed.

I'm open to a floret breeding mechanics thread in SD, though, if someone would like to make it, if it hasn't been already.

35 minutes ago, daba555 said:

"Too expensive" for you to do one, but I left a dozen.  But I'm bad for being salty over others grabbing and not contributing?

Sorry if I offended. I did not quote you and it was not aimed only at you. I also said I understand and I do.

It was really lovely of you to contribute a dozen, but I really don't think anyone should expect that all of us will do that. I do fully intend to contribute whatever CBs I can and have already contributed some BRED ones, which some folks are also looking for.