TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Ahh, I forgot that they auto abandon if your scroll is full - I've never had it happen personally. Only way I figured that in my head was breeding with a Celestial and ending up with more than one. Good to know.

Well, someone got a nice egg, anyway. ^^;

12 minutes ago, Lynalee said:

Ahh, I forgot that they auto abandon if your scroll is full - I've never had it happen personally. Only way I figured that in my head was breeding with a Celestial and ending up with more than one. Good to know.

Well, someone got a nice egg, anyway. ^^;

And somebody also reminded me that hatchlings can also auto-abandon (although they don't turn pink). One of the possible results from earthquake is that the egg hatches but the hatchling runs away.

I bought 5 sapphires and I just relased them to the AP. Happy hunting! 

(I wonder if I will be able to catch one for myself :P )

Edit: they are @ 6 days and 19 hours.

Edited by Naughtrish

3 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

And somebody also reminded me that hatchlings can also auto-abandon (although they don't turn pink). One of the possible results from earthquake is that the egg hatches but the hatchling runs away.

Yup. From my own experience, one of five things can happen to each egg:

1. the egg is unaffected (can hatch normally)
  2. the egg hatches (hatches automatically)
  3. the egg hatches, hatchie tries to run, and you catch it (you keep it)
  4. the egg hatches, hatchie tries to run, and you miss it (it goes to the AP)
  5. the egg dies (you get a dead egg)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Are we sure about the filled kill slots protecting your eggs from EQ? Just because it happened that one person had their kill slots full and their eggs didn't die doesn't mean it would happen that way all the time. It does not work that way with Vampire bites! IF I can find any CB Cantos I might try it tomorrow, since I will be killing Zombie fodder anyway (unless the all dodge, which is what happened to me the last time!)

Yeah that's not remotely true. You can eq until you have a million dead eggs by killing 8 each day. Heck, you can lose all 8 eggs in one EQ if you're that unlucky, that definitely would fill and go over kill slots.

8 minutes ago, Tini said:

Yeah that's not remotely true. You can eq until you have a million dead eggs by killing 8 each day. Heck, you can lose all 8 eggs in one EQ if you're that unlucky, that definitely would fill and go over kill slots.

Thank you. I was actually pretty sure of that, but since I have never used earthquake myself I didn't want to declare the idea untrue.

Well, to try to clarify once and for all what I was looking for:

On 5/20/2021 at 10:00 PM, TJ09 said:

Egg Egg

These. These gorgeous little things. It would make no sense if they're breed only. All the other chonky Florets come from breeding. Originally, I thought these would be the ones that would make the hybrids/alts/whatever. If these are only obtainable through breeding, I'm going to be super disappointed. The original style is my favorite and I really wanted a chance to breed these with the golds. :(

5 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

These. These gorgeous little things. It would make no sense if they're breed only. All the other chonky Florets come from breeding. Originally, I thought these would be the ones that would make the hybrids/alts/whatever. If these are only obtainable through breeding, I'm going to be super disappointed. The original style is my favorite and I really wanted a chance to breed these with the golds. :(

It does look like they are breed-only. I saw someone else explain it in a way that I think makes sense: The Iris Florets ('old-style') that we can get as CB are purple and gold, and the peach one is breed-only. With the Alstro Florets it's the opposite, the Peach we can get CB and the purple and gold variants are breed-only. It is a little disappointing that there is one Iris we can't get CB, but it does seem to make sense when you look at them as a whole.

:nyan:Ok I just bred 2 of my blue sapphire dragons (CB) ~eggspam removed, do not post eggs that aren't yours~ & sent to the AP so whoever gets it congrats & it went  as pink!! :nyan:

Edited by Kaini

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

It does look like they are breed-only. I saw someone else explain it in a way that I think makes sense: The Iris Florets ('old-style') that we can get as CB are purple and gold, and the peach one is breed-only. With the Alstro Florets it's the opposite, the Peach we can get CB and the purple and gold variants are breed-only. It is a little disappointing that there is one Iris we can't get CB, but it does seem to make sense when you look at them as a whole.

That seems like a stretch, but it's looking more like this is the case. Guess I'm just going to have to learn to take the bad with the good in this release.

At least I'm not reluctant to do dead-line lineages anymore. *sharpens blades*

Wow I can't believe DragCave is already 15! I remember seeing someone's forum sig on Neopets that had eggs they were trying to hatch and I clicked on them. After visiting the site I got hooked. Here's to many more!

8 minutes ago, Queen Firebreath said:

Wow I can't believe DragCave is already 15! I remember seeing someone's forum sig on Neopets that had eggs they were trying to hatch and I clicked on them. After visiting the site I got hooked. Here's to many more!

I'm so very grateful that DC is one of those rare online games that's still going strong after 15 years! When I first started I got some friends on an unrelated forum interested and for awhile there were like 20 of us sharing our dragons and talking about them. Unfortunately I'm the only one from that group that still plays. Sometimes I like to look back at how DC used to be and see how far it's come and how much it's grown. 

Honestly I've grown only more sour about this entire release as it's gone on. Just absolutely miserable to try to get already high-demand eggs from the biomes just to get the CB pairs I need, and electrics may as well not exist either.

11 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

I was originally calling them grape, but then they grew up and had no purple in them. :) That's when we noticed that the iris and alstro had matching color palettes.

Then I thought of calling it cherry or berry, and hit on the idea that they were collectively "peachberries." I fell in love with my own designation, which is why I will always call them peach and berry eggs. I'm planning a massive lineage of Peachberries (which I guess is a good thing because so far all my 2nd gens have been peach and I'm not even upset about that). My first to hatch were dubbed the monarchs as founders of the dynasty.

Reveal hidden contents

CrownPrincess.png.79441f5735eb07c2c6bd0e36209221f7.png

"Bronze" came from the spriter, but they were calling the other one "dark pink" which I guess found no love here. LOL

I like BURGUNDY, myself.

11 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

...which is exactly why I prefer lilac to periwinkle.

But it IS more of a periwinkle colour....

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Are we sure about the filled kill slots protecting your eggs from EQ? Just because it happened that one person had their kill slots full and their eggs didn't die doesn't mean it would happen that way all the time. It does not work that way with Vampire bites! IF I can find any CB Cantos I might try it tomorrow, since I will be killing Zombie fodder anyway (unless the all dodge, which is what happened to me the last time!)

I don't think that works; I THINK I did once EQ (a long time ago); killed everything, and did it again a few days later - and still got some kills....

(I see I was ninjaed.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I am about to EQ for the first time, bred 5 Canto eggs and want to wait that 'save' period before eq-ing. Not sure anymore how long that is tho - just like 1 or 2 days or the shortest moment possible before they hatch? What helped you with green Cantos most? (besides luck xD)

(not going to try that killing theory^^)

Edited by Kiwiana

For those who want to try for the magenta/berry iris floret egg, just a data point for you to consider:

Of the now seven magenta eggs I've seen (not enough to be statistically relevant, I know), five of them have a purple iris FATHER and a peach alstro MOTHER.

The other two have one gold parent and one peach parent, so purple is not a requirement. In fact, the color of the parents seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the color of the eggs, other than (so far) needing one peach alstro and one iris (purple or gold) for a second-gen. The 2nd gens are just now growing up so we're at the leading edge of 3rd gen experiments.

Also, only one of the magenta ones I know of is still an egg. If you're looking for ones from the first rush of 2nd generation breeding, you should be looking amongst the hatchlings. They look like this:

801322059_peachberryirishatchies.png.35160a6c4826c41597f79c5786cd0fa3.png

11 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

yeah unfortunately ive bin clicking around to unlock it but i aint seen hide nore hair of any normal blue ones ill have to do more to unlock it ^^ 

Try using this spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LBuJe96arGEagyXBigG00zs5bCl9h8e6vvCKTt1M_N4/edit#gid=1305811569

2 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

I am about to EQ for the first time, bred 5 Canto eggs and want to wait that 'save' period before eq-ing. Not sure anymore how long that is tho - just like 1 or 2 days or the shortest moment possible before they hatch? What helped you with green Cantos most? (besides luck xD)

(not going to try that killing theory^^)

The best results come from putting them in hatcheries like normal and using earthquake when they have a big hole. The closer to hatching time the better. You might even get hatchlings this way.

But, even then it is possible to get nothing but dead eggs. Also note: "egg is unaffected" message will also hatch green provided you use no other bsa on it after.

12 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

The best results come from putting them in hatcheries like normal and using earthquake when they have a big hole. The closer to hatching time the better. You might even get hatchlings this way.

But, even then it is possible to get nothing but dead eggs. Also note: "egg is unaffected" message will also hatch green provided you use no other bsa on it after.

all noted! thank you very much! :)

I have to say I've been doing them at any old time; just did another at 4.23 (and it had been incubated) and the egg was unaffected.

But don't do as I tell you - do as you do :lol: I am not about to collect blame here...

Honestly, haven't even tried to pick up anything from the Cave beyond the florets. I've just been using the market for CBs or breeding. But I'm out of hatchy freezes, so full sprite sets'll just have to wait until I get some back. So I raided the cave for CB stuff I was gonna chuck into my zombie fodder pile. Got nothing else to do with these slots until I get some freeze slots back lol. Suppose I could've got two saphs and tried for the yellow alt but I'm getting crazy low on shards now and was gonna buy another pair of the new gemshards when their days come up.

Only tried EQ-ing two cantos I got off the market, both were unaffected. Hadn't bothered to influence because I was anticipating the worst, but both hatched and wound up female, so... no breeding pair of green cantos for me just yet. xD;

Also, the new alt copper is ridiculously hard to breed. I've bred every single copper I've had, *twice*, and only *one* produced the alt copper. Most others weren't interested, or I was buried in thunder dragons and electrics.

EDIT: on a completely unrelated note, my zombies are still visible at 9 in the morning. What even is this?

Edited by CaityG

15 minutes ago, CaityG said:

EDIT: on a completely unrelated note, my zombies are still visible at 9 in the morning. What even is this?

It is the 31st. They are visible all day on the 31st of any month.

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's quite brilliant and so very YOU !

I bred me a 2 gen sapphire from my two yellow CBs and forgot about him, He turned yellow and died. Oops. This was not my greatest day !

😊 I'm just surprised the name wasn't taken ! 

Aw 😔 Better luck with the next one. I can breed my (blue) Sapphires again tomorrow to try for a yellow, fingers crossed !

I did get lucky with my Earthquake babies. Three hatched and one stayed intact to hatch green.

I've only tried 2 gen ones (I'm not paying for murder targets....) and have finally ended up with a pair (assuming all goes well !)