TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Just bought my 'Saturday' Gemshard from the market XD Now I will wait until all eggs have hatched and only THEN I try my luck on earthquaked Cantos. I think I never used that BSA before lol.

Love all my adults so far, Nilias are beyond cute and Eminences are stunning. I adore the big, detail filled dragons like them or also the orange Florets ❤️

19 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I quoted a good couple of sceenshots here and there is my spreadsheet.

What I need is one of the peach Floret in the original style.

I mentioned this to a friend talking about the new Cantos. I noticed something when I decided to experiment with Earthquake once. I waited until I'd used all my kill-slots on dead-lines, then tried to EQ some eggs. They were all unaffected, but nothing died either. I tried at least three times, IIRC, with the same results. Maybe that would be effective, but you'd have to use your kill-slots first. Maybe people could experiment with this to see if it's an effective way to get green Cantos without killing them, since they just need to survive the quake to change.

I have no idea how much longer this thread will be open for, but thanks again to TJ, the Spriters and everyone who had a hand in this event. It's been a blast, and I honestly mean that. I'll do my best to try and drop off a few pink sapphires whenever I have the chance to. :D

Happy Birthday Dragcave ! Thanks for all the great work i love it for 11 years now :)

I feel like I'm going crazy, and this might be a silly question as a result, but has anyone seen any CB Pink Sapphires? All the ones I've caught or seen go by in the AP have all been bred (I have been hunting many days), and there isn't a single CB Pink Sapphire currently listed on any trade on the site (as in the Trading section)

40 minutes ago, Spicedpunch said:

I feel like I'm going crazy, and this might be a silly question as a result, but has anyone seen any CB Pink Sapphires? All the ones I've caught or seen go by in the AP have all been bred (I have been hunting many days), and there isn't a single CB Pink Sapphire currently listed on any trade on the site (as in the Trading section)

Yep.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/FDWtJ

But it wasn't me who caught it. Thanks again, @hazeh!

Edited by Seejey

15 minutes ago, Spicedpunch said:

Everyone's just fighting over them atm. There's been a lot passing through the ap i've just not been lucky enough to nab one lol. Curse my checking after the fact to let me know I've clicked on at least 20. As the demand chills out it won't be so hard to get your hands on them. But everyone that has caught one is keeping them unless there's a trade up they want. Plus a lot of them are market borns so you can't trade them, even if they wanted to.

I just realized, if I want to get the regular Blue Sapphires, I have to grab them from the cave and hatch them myself. Shoot. I usually rely on the AP to capture low time CBs to fill the quota I set to have a good number of CB pairs. XD

I can't find the info you've all been posting, so I'll ask. Are we expecting today's Gemshards to be yellow?

I certainly hope so - that's what I bred for.

Can someone with better eyes please confirm that this is the new pennybright?

Pennybright.jpg.6ec01d74c6639ee03772350ef4793398.jpg

Just now, Chaosdawn said:

Can someone with better eyes please confirm that this is the new pennybright?

Pennybright.jpg.6ec01d74c6639ee03772350ef4793398.jpg

Yes, it is!

1 minute ago, oxoniensis said:

Yes, it is!

Thank you! I got 0/6 last week and 2/6 this week. I wanted to make sure. XD

Did anybody try if blue sapphire hatchlings turn pink when abandoned?

Since they can turn yellow after hatching, I'm wondering if they can turn pink as well.

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

19 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Since they can turn yellow after hatching, I'm wondering if they can turn pink as well.

Well, I have seen pink hatchlings in the AP. But whether they turned before or after abandoning -- I don't know.

Updated!  Floret research underway!  (Possibly still buggy -- results subject to change!  Thanks for your patience!  Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro should ONLY yield a Peach egg.)

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Iris Floret (Magenta egg)

?

(NEW as of 5/27)

Purple Alstro Floret (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views (average)

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned);

Can be picked up from AP as blue, will abandon as pink

(Unknown if blue hatchies turn pink when abandoned)

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded;

Even Nilia (Green) parents must be fertilized, as they do not "breed true"!

Cantormaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantormaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Edited by Kelkelen

7 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

Just bought my 'Saturday' Gemshard from the market XD Now I will wait until all eggs have hatched and only THEN I try my luck on earthquaked Cantos. I think I never used that BSA before lol.

Love all my adults so far, Nilias are beyond cute and Eminences are stunning. I adore the big, detail filled dragons like them or also the orange Florets ❤️

@Kiwiana You better have a friend hold your hatchlings when you do because I'm pretty sure earthquake can kill hatchlings too!

Just now, Pourlemoment said:

You better have a friend hold your hatchlings when you do because I'm pretty sure earthquake can kill hatchlings too!

It only affects eggs though. Where'd you get the 'it can kill hatchies too'?

I also just want to say, before this thread closes -- GREAT job!  Fantastic sprites, fantastic variety of things to collect/do/explore.

* The new florets are beyond amazing!!!  They are so floral, I love the layered petal look, and they're just great, the anatomy, the shading, the lively poses, the rich colors!  I am going to be OBSESSED with breeding them.  They were definitely what I gravitated to first of all.  Had to get my 4 CB pairs before I could consider doing anything else!

* I was SO sad over the change in the old Nilias.  I lost a favorite dragon forever.  These new green variants make me much happier with their traditional pygmy compactness and their gorgeous, vibrant hue.  They take the sting away a little, getting me excited to resume some pygmy species breeding projects.

* Blue Electrics are gorgeous!  And it's nice knowing that I can still get them for myself at any time, so I can focus on some new sprites now and others later.  I think their palette will mix super well with a lot of other breeds, and I love the greenish tinge it gives them. 

* Shiny Penny Copper!  Just the copper we were missing!  I miss the overall 'shinier' and less pixelated shading of the old ones, and the stronger presence of other tones in their coloring, but a shiny bright copper seems exactly like what this breed needed.  (Is it bad that I kind of secretly hope it gets an even more shiny, reflective update/regression?)

* ROYAL PURPLE EMINENCE.  AAAAAAA!!!  I adore, ADORE Royal Blues, and have since they first came out.  They're the one species I actually have an army of, on my scroll.  And Royal Crimsons are so beautiful, I can't help collecting them when I come across them.  And now?  Two of my favorite species have created a FANTASTIC third?  YES PLEASE!  I immediately bred 4 on the first day.  I love the grandeur, the detail, the spiral swirls, the regal poses... Just such nice pieces of art, and exactly what they ought to be.  ❤️  These alone would have been amazing as a birthday surprise!

* New Cantormarises... oh my.  I missed the original Cantormaris release by a day, could barely catch any, and consoled myself with the fact that I wasn't super into the dragon design.  UNTIL these two came out!  AUGH!  Now I have to fight to get them... and risk Earthquake, which I've never used before and never wanted to!  But that GREEN... This is one of those things I'll have to work myself up to.

* Pink and Yellow Sapphires -- Okay, I'm a big relieved that I still love the originals best; they look the most like a shiny, smooth gemstone, and their colors are such deep, rich jewel tones, plus I love their 'chatty' pose.  However.  However.  These new sprites are SO nicely made, they deserve applause!  The poses may be the best part.  I especially like the pink one, that's maybe protecting its young, or ready to defend itself, or else just play fighting?  Very nice!  I hope that I can catch one, on day -- I've seen maybe 4 in the AP in the past week, and that's with a LOT of hunting!  The struggles of the slow connection...

* Gemshards!!!  Say it again -- Gemshards!!!  Both the new colors AND the new mechanic are very exciting -- breeding projects will be easier, new ones have opened up, and the bright new tones are so fun and cheerful and gemstone-like.  They have a new translucence and iridescence.  I'm hovering over my new eggs, so excited to see them as little hatchies on my own scroll.  😄

Edited by Kelkelen

2 minutes ago, TsunamiFlame said:

It only affects eggs though. Where'd you get the 'it can kill hatchies too'?

I think someone mentionned it happening to them several pages back.

I could be mis-remembering, but I certainly wouldn't take the chance.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:56 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Yup! A good 90% of my hunting is AP, I have 120-ish Red dragons and even under the most extreme circumstances (like constantly grabbing-hatching for trades or freezing) I haven't run out of Incubates in years. Of course it also comes with the drawback of eventually being locked with almost all hatchlings that won't grow for a good day or two, lol.

I currently have 99 adult red dragons, with two more growing. Back then somebody came up with the idea to "break down the wall" by having a group of people grab and incubate the colors that commonly blocked the AP in the way that celestials currently do. So I have a minor army of frozen mints, and also did a 99 red balloons collection (actually 100 in the collection, the last being named "Think of You and Let It Go"). Then I started collecting reds from the wall. They were often left there if they weren't pb lineages but I wasn't planning to breed them, necessarily.

So I've got my "99 red dragon eggs from the wall" project going, a simple countdown. My rule is simple; all of them have to come from the AP. Sometime it's a cb, but still from the AP. The ones I'm growing right now are numbers 17 and 16, so I need 16 more (one to be "no more red dragon eggs from the wall").

And here's where my silliness comes in, and why I need a low-time red egg. The one I grabbed that should be number 16, turns out to be a 15th gen. I think it would be more fitting for it to be number 15, but that means I need to find one that I can have hatch first. I've already had to hide that one to keep it from hatching... it will likely hatch as soon as I unfog it. (Don't remember how many views it's got; I just wanted to stop it hatching while I see if I can grab an incuhatchable one.) Sadly, apparently right now people really want reds because I have not been able to click fast enough to get them.

Edited to add: OMG! Right after posting this I went back to the wall and CAUGHT A RED!! Hatch little egg, hatch! (Current) number 16 WILL be number 15!!

On 5/29/2021 at 1:56 AM, HeatherMarie said:

I'm still seeing pink Sapphires in the AP fairly regularly, trying to curb my instinct to ninja-click each one I see as I have enough to start with (not for my scroll goals, but enough for the moment) and I'm hoping later on there might be more chance of finding pink messies. 

I'm definitely not clicking fast enough to get them! And I don't feel like I can ask anybody else because somebody very kind DID give me a pink sapphire and I was foolish enough to trade it away. I'm still trying to trade for replace it, and trying to click one myself. It might just take me a while; there was a time when I thought I'd never have a holly dragon, and now I have 3.

Edited to add: I am overwhelmed. I have been offered sapphire eggs by more than one person. I truly did not expect that! I only accepted one, because they were being offered because I didn't have any, and I thought accepting more than one would be dishonest—even if nobody would ever know except me. You truly are all wonderful people and I have no idea why I stayed away for so long. I'm only adding this note because I would start to feel bad if people continued to offer me their hard-won sapphires.

23 hours ago, Ambzduh said:

Beautiful!!! I despair of ever getting one of those. I haven't even managed a bronze or lilac yet.

Good thing for me that I fell in love with what I'm calling peachberries, because that's all I'm breeding. Planning an epic PB lineage with them.

23 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

What I need is one of the peach Floret in the original style.

.... so, this?

1075615796_peachberryirisf.png.66254af42ff951d2da4c1709ade4fb0b.png7426768_peachberryirism.png.9c6e2ef7f59986cff2f81a636616617d.png

... that I just downloaded by clicking on the ones on the first post in this topic? Right-click save image from the view page?

Because anything other than that, like say, something with the layers so you could edit it yourself, would be stealing that art from the spriter. Who, by the way, is reading this thread.

I hereby tender my categorical apology to @Spiteful_Crow for my baseless accusation. I completely misread the request and take all blame for the misunderstanting.

(Edited to switch their order so it looks more like a mating dance and less like a domestic dispute.)

21 hours ago, Spyridon said:

I just realized, if I want to get the regular Blue Sapphires, I have to grab them from the cave and hatch them myself. Shoot. I usually rely on the AP to capture low time CBs to fill the quota I set to have a good number of CB pairs. XD

If you want CB or PB blue sapphires, yes you'll have to catch or breed them yourself, or get them from a trade. There will still be blue sapphires in the AP, but only those that get auto-abandoned from a multiple-egg clutch, which means they'll be at least 2nd gen and with a celestial parent.

17 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

You know, I don't know if anybody has tried this. Pretty much everybody willing to abandon one did it with an egg; all the hatchlings were being viewbombed to turn them yellow.

Anybody have a blue sapphire hatchling they're NOT trying to turn yellow, that they are willing to abandon for science?

...and hopefully this concludes my "catch-up post of doom." I think I've responded to everything that I need to. :)

Edited by Fyrebird
Caught one!

44 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

If you want CB or PB blue sapphires, yes you'll have to catch or breed them yourself, or get them from a trade. There will still be blue sapphires in the AP, but only those that get auto-abandoned from a multiple-egg clutch, which means they'll be at least 2nd gen and with a celestial parent.

You can still get PB blue sapphires from the AP. The egg doesn't have to be from a multi-clutch, it just has to be auto-abandoned, so breeding while egg-locked also works.

2 minutes ago, Mnkn10 said:

You can still get PB blue sapphires from the AP. The egg doesn't have to be from a multi-clutch, it just has to be auto-abandoned, so breeding while egg-locked also works.

Good point. That had slipped my mind.

Note to sapphire breeders; if you're inclined, the next time you're egg-locked this might be a kindness.

Edited by Fyrebird
Expanded on thought.