TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Finally picked up a Pink Sapphire, 2g pb from blue parents. It is currently fogged until I'm ready to hatch it. 

As for my autoed eggs, the re-abandoned pink is a hatchling, but the blue lineaged egg is fogged. I hope it remains blue.

2 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Did anybody try if blue sapphire hatchlings turn pink when abandoned?

Since they can turn yellow after hatching, I'm wondering if they can turn pink as well.

I just saw 2 Blue Sapphire hatchies in the AP. I tried to grab them, but totally missed. XD

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

Anybody have a blue sapphire hatchling they're NOT trying to turn yellow, that they are willing to abandon for science?

I recent picked up a blue Sapphire hatchling on the AP so I assume they don't turn pink as hatchies on the AP [though it did have something like 2000 views so maybe if it had lower views it would have?]

Edited by ShorahNagi

My Sapphire has about 4k views and hasn't turned yellow. Feel like maybe I've done something wrong.

EDIT: I was tricked.

Edited by Lahabrea

9 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

What I need is one of the peach Floret in the original style.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for here, but if you are looking for user-owned 'original style' peach Floret adults I'm not sure how many people have those yet, and so far I haven't seen anyone mention having those adults to breed them. Because the original-style peaches can only be obtained by breeding the new-style peaches, and we figured all that out relatively recently, I'm not sure how many regular-users would have adults of those yet. 

4 minutes ago, Lahabrea said:

My Sapphire has about 4k views and hasn't turned yellow. Feel like maybe I've done something wrong.

It's been recorded at a bit above 4k, often 4,050 to 4,150 or so. If it's still not changing after like 4,200 something might be wrong, but I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Lahabrea said:

The people who have caught theirs right at turning have said it's around 4050. Try this autorefresher for a few minutes: http://dc-auto-refresher.herokuapp.com/

Successfully turned my first Sapphire yellow!

Also it's funny how the Jungle was, a few years ago, one of the least frequented biomes of all and rn it feels like everyone is camping out there :D

I'm getting very discouraged, as I have yet to see a single pink Sapphire in the AP, and I've been hunting since their release. :(  I hope people don't forget about them after the release rush so I can get them some day.  I'd love to catch CB ones, but I'd be grateful to just see it.

ETA: I meant to mention, it feels like hunting for Hollies in the early days, before the Holiday biome, LOL.

Edited by Moranna

41 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Successfully turned my first Sapphire yellow!

Also it's funny how the Jungle was, a few years ago, one of the least frequented biomes of all and rn it feels like everyone is camping out there :D

Congrats!! It's funny, I've been watching AoND today, and I've only seen one yellow sapphire egg. I guess all the sapphires for breeding are still on cooldown and of course cbs are a bit rare right now.

I am still very new to this, and come to rely on a post in this thread that says how to get each NR, but I haven't seen one yet, so I must have missed it. Does anyone have the completed list of which NR's from this month and how to get them? I am so lost. Love all these new dergs from tj's initial post but other than the peach florets I can't seem to find or make or figure out how to make all the others. Any help would be wonderful.

Thank You

Seira

5 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Updated!  Floret research underway!  (Possibly still buggy -- results subject to change!  Thanks for your patience!  Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro should ONLY yield a Peach egg.)

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Iris Floret (Magenta egg)

?

(NEW as of 5/27)

Purple Alstro Floret (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views (average)

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned);

Can be picked up from AP as blue, will abandon as pink

(Unknown if blue hatchies turn pink when abandoned)

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded;

Even Nilia (Green) parents must be fertilized, as they do not "breed true"!

Cantormaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantormaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

@Seira_the_dragon  This was posted on the previous page, the most complete one we have right now I believe. 

@Fyrebird  I bred a Sapphire just a few hours ago that I'll be trying to turn yellow, my first one. Didn't bother with it before now since I knew that was one I could get at any time.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Oh wow! Thank you so much!  I've been checking back often but with so many pages it hard to check them all, guess I missed this last page.

Quick question:

will the gem shard work from marketplace eggs?

43 minutes ago, Seira_the_dragon said:

Quick question:

will the gem shard work from marketplace eggs?

The gemshard mechanic applies to market, bred and caught eggs all the same!

i'm getting discouraged about the pink sapphires :( i'm not interested in bred ones but i cant pick up any CBs or market pinks. this is really frustrating, especially since i myself spent the shards i was saving to help others by buying 3 and abandoning and have gotten nothing in return..

12 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

i'm getting discouraged about the pink sapphires :( i'm not interested in bred ones but i cant pick up any CBs or market pinks. this is really frustrating, especially since i myself spent the shards i was saving to help others by buying 3 and abandoning and have gotten nothing in return..

Your going to have to trade.  It might take months.  If might taking trading 4 first gen hybrids or something, but when everything cools down in a couple of weeks, I'm sure that you will be able to trade for what you want.  Second gen metals, buy statres in the market and trade the second gens, there's all kinds of things you could think of to trade.  You've just got to be patient and methodical, and you will get what you want in the end.  I'm sure of it. :)

Here's another idea--during the next NR, catch some release dates, hatch them, and trade them for a cb pink sapphire.  Everything is crazy right now, it won't last forever.  You can do it.  :)

3 hours ago, lexi_ said:

I plan to breed them continuously after the hype dies down, and i really hope you get some!

7 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

The people who have caught theirs right at turning have said it's around 4050. Try this autorefresher for a few minutes: http://dc-auto-refresher.herokuapp.com/

I got my first Yellow thanks to this! TYSM ❤️

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=569&height=406

I would Have just added the link, but i hid the egg cause it was very sick- 
But once its not sick, I plan to Link it, so people can unlock the dracopedia part for it. 

4 hours ago, Moranna said:

I'm getting very discouraged, as I have yet to see a single pink Sapphire in the AP, and I've been hunting since their release. :(  I hope people don't forget about them after the release rush so I can get them some day.  I'd love to catch CB ones, but I'd be grateful to just see it.

ETA: I meant to mention, it feels like hunting for Hollies in the early days, before the Holiday biome, LOL.

I'm not going to forget, I am going to purposefully keep breeding sapphs to make pinks every chance I get for the next few months. 
Hope it helps!

2 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

I plan to breed them continuously after the hype dies down, and i really hope you get some!

i was just saying how i'm not interested in bred ones haha so this may make it harder for me to find CBs on the ap ^^; 

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Your going to have to trade.  It might take months.  If might taking trading 4 first gen hybrids or something, but when everything cools down in a couple of weeks, I'm sure that you will be able to trade for what you want.  Second gen metals, buy statres in the market and trade the second gens, there's all kinds of things you could think of to trade.  You've just got to be patient and methodical, and you will get what you want in the end.  I'm sure of it. :)

this is very encouraging :D i never have luck with these kinds of trades, since the hub can be very... unpredictable, but i hope i'll be able to get there. its just frustrating right now.. :dry:

36 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

Hang in there. I finally caught a 2nd gen about five hours ago, and I think the fact that there were three almost simultaneously that allowed me to catch one.

Like you, I would prefer CBs, but it's just going to take time and there are also some amazingly generous people on this site, so ANYTHING can happen.

To me, while the pink Sapphires in the AP aren't exactly what I'd prefer, I've collected a few simply to get my collection started. Just like people who prefer CBs I have my own preferences, but I know realistically I won't be seeing a lot of messy pink Sapphires for awhile yet. So I'm content with collecting a few less-than-ideal ones to start with (most of the ones I've caught are 2g) just so I have a few towards my overall scroll goal, and hopefully eventually pink Sapphires will be like anything else in the AP and there will be much more diverse lineages (along with CBs of course). 

(I haven't even seen a Sapphire in the biomes since the release, but once things calm down I do intend to hunt for some specifically to abandon.)

3 hours ago, lexi_ said:

i was just saying how i'm not interested in bred ones haha so this may make it harder for me to find CBs on the ap ^^; 

this is very encouraging :D i never have luck with these kinds of trades, since the hub can be very... unpredictable, but i hope i'll be able to get there. its just frustrating right now.. :dry:

Oooooooohhhhh

well im sorry, Im no cb hunter, so I guess I can't help you. So sorry

5 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

well im sorry, Im no cb hunter, so I guess I can't help you. So sorry

hahaha no it's fine :P you were very kind to offer your help anyway :) 

7 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

You know, I don't know if anybody has tried this. Pretty much everybody willing to abandon one did it with an egg; all the hatchlings were being viewbombed to turn them yellow.

Anybody have a blue sapphire hatchling they're NOT trying to turn yellow, that they are willing to abandon for science?

Thank you, I will try this. :)

Bred a sapphire egg and will abandon it after hatching. 

Fuming right now. I bought a canto and I did not incubate it, because I had warded it, in the hopes of getting the Tutela variant... it grew up as Mundus. I read all my action log and it seems I did not ward it at all 😡😭

12 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Thank you, I will try this. :)

Bred a sapphire egg and will abandon it after hatching. 

@kiramaru7 did say they'd recently seen blue sapphire hatchlings in the AP (and @ShorahNagi picked one up there). Since there is no mechanic (yet!) that auto-abandons hatchlings, they must have been wilfully abandoned as hatchlings and didn't turn. But that's all assumptions. You can run the experiment if you like, and we'll know for sure.

Edited by Fyrebird
More empirical proof