TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Since sapphires can turn yellow as hatchlings, why are folks trying to get high views on eggs and making them sick?  Can't they just wait and turn them yellow as hatchlings?  I thought that hatchlings could turn yellow, am I wrong?

13 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Since sapphires can turn yellow as hatchlings, why are folks trying to get high views on eggs and making them sick?  Can't they just wait and turn them yellow as hatchlings?  I thought that hatchlings could turn yellow, am I wrong?

They definitely turn as hatchlings. Not sure why people would want to turn them as eggs necessarily, perhaps they don't know they can turn as hatchlings too, or maybe just impatience. I certainly was impatient to turn mine at least.

35 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

If I had to guess, it's probably because:

1. Trying to get the sprite for the encyclopedia

2. Ability to fully control the fate of the egg 

3. Eggs tend to hold more "value" in the trade market (as then one can influence it as they see fit [less risk of being lied to about the influnce/precog of a hatchling])

Least that's my take on it 

5 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

If I had to guess, it's probably because:

1. Trying to get the sprite for the encyclopedia

Which doesn't work anyway. If you have it on your scroll as a blue egg then the encyclopedia count went to the blue egg. It cannot count it again as a yellow!

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

Quoting myself to add:

5:22am  cave time

female old purple Floret x male orange Floret (fertility m). Bred from females page. Orange egg.  AP'ed

Out of CB old purples so:

5:32am cave time

female orange Floret (fertility f) x male old gold Floret. Bred from the males page. Brown egg.

5:36am cave time

Female old gold Floret x male orange Floret (fertility m). Bred from females page. Brown egg.

And that's it, no more orange florets.

Will do!

4 hours ago, rachii.xo said:

😡😠Ok first off HOW did my 2 CB peach eggs I caught on 27/05/21 die on same day after being caught in less then 24 hours??,I had scroll link off,didn't put them in any hatcheries..yet they got viewbomed over 5k...NOT happy😠 I caught these as i don't have many (3) so far,& I wanted to get more CB florets..but to come on & see dead eggs the next day...of course I'm going to be angry about it..who wouldn't..next lot are going to fogged as soon as I get them...as it is I have sick eggs & hatchie/s...but come on enough please don't viewbomb my eggs..I don't do it to anyone else..so please STOP it...☹️😡

Oh no! You got view bombed! That sucks. I'm sorry.

4 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Hm. Anyone have a screenshot?

I quoted a good couple of sceenshots here and there is my spreadsheet.

Speaking of, for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

- I'm behind on the masterlist, still adding things.

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other Florets and other proof for the new dragon mechanics.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

10 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Just sent 10 perfectly good green nilia eggs to the AP as blues.  Worst mechanic ever!  I just don't want to pause breeding by putting them as trades in the departure thread.  Maybe next time.

Hatch then release? Or do they change as hatchies, too?

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Someone tested this, hatchies change too unfortunately

Just now, Falorni said:

Someone tested this, hatchies change too unfortunately

Oh that's frustrating. Thanks for the info, though!

1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I thought it was to do with high viewing numbers. Over 4,000 was the general number people were talking about for hatching, and mine got sick like everyone else's but hatched blue at 3,600.  I then for the fun of it bombarded the hatchie with views, which turned it yellow.  Would it have turned yellow if I hadn't done that or if I hadn't made my egg get sick? I don't know.  I just know I'd try anything for a yellow hatchie!

6 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I thought it was to do with high viewing numbers. Over 4,000 was the general number people were talking about for hatching, and mine got sick like everyone else's but hatched blue at 3,600.  I then for the fun of it bombarded the hatchie with views, which turned it yellow.  Would it have turned yellow if I hadn't done that or if I hadn't made my egg get sick? I don't know.  I just know I'd try anything for a yellow hatchie!

Yes, once it gets over 4000 all blue sapphires become yellow. They don't have to be sick first. Mine wasn't.

Are the peach alstros that we caught in the jungle sorting on our scrolls under Alstro or Floret or something else?  I can't find mine for the life of me haha.

So far all my peach Alstro breeding has resulted in -- more peach Alstros. :( Have bred with both gold and purple Florets with the same results.

Edit: This is my latest, bred about 1:35 AM. And another bred just now. :( Feel free to add it to the spreadsheet if you wish.

Edited by purplehaze

29 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yes, once it gets over 4000 all blue sapphires become yellow. They don't have to be sick first. Mine wasn't.

Wait, can a pink one go yellow? 

1 minute ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Wait, can a pink one go yellow? 

No.

2 minutes ago, ylangylang said:

Nope!

Guess I can stop trying to turn a pink yellow. Thank you 😄

35 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Are the peach alstros that we caught in the jungle sorting on our scrolls under Alstro or Floret or something else?  I can't find mine for the life of me haha.

Nevermind - found it.  They sort as Florets.

7 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Crossing any floret with its exact match seems to breed true (except for glitches, which we are not counting for the purposes of this summary). This may be a change: I thought I had heard that the purple and gold irises would occasionally throw the other color even when the parents matched. Can anyone confirm that? Dispute it?

I found confirmation in an post of @trystan's that showed a purple floret that laid a gold egg (other parent was not a floret). This was two days ago, so that's still happening.

My breeding attempts with peach alstros all resulted in peach alstros. :(

I have seen a couple of pinks in the AP but was not fast enough to snag even one.

Cave time 10 AM

Peach Alstro Male x Purple Iris female - Got a lavender egg

Edited by jedisunny

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm not taking up egg slots for 2 days while I'm trying to breed z's.  :)

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I'm not taking up egg slots for 2 days while I'm trying to breed z's.  :)

Besides, they still revert even as hatchies!

Only way to keep them green is teleport and I agree that when you are breeding for z codes you don't want to stop long enough to give each egg away.

Edited by purplehaze

i still dont understand WHY nilias change blue when abandoned. someone had some kind of theory, but it didnt make much sense to me still. i think the mechanic is really pointlses and silly. ESPECAILLY them turning when abandoned. 

It's about good parenting. Good parents (double incubate), nourish and cosset. A GOOD parent does not abandon a child, so it sort of starves back to blue. They can be traded and not turn - as in putting them up for adoption to a loving family. I think it's really sweet.

38 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Besides, they still revert even as hatchies!

Only way to keep them green is teleport and I agree that when you are breeding for z codes you don't want to stop long enough to give each egg away.

I should put them in the departure thread, though.  The second gens, at least, might go fast.  Could dump them in an hour if no takers.  But when I'm mass breeding, I hate to start and stop...probably not going to happen. :)