TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, TheDoggy said:

I have seen them being called wine or magenta 😂

I've seen people referring to them as 'magenta' as well and the bronze as 'brown'. 

It'd be really nice if the Florets could have some type of designation between the breeds for their encyclopedia pages, whether they're called Iris Floret/Alstro Floret or something else.

1 minute ago, TheDoggy said:
4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I don't know of anybody else using berry. Lots of people use peach but some use pink. 

I have seen them being called wine or magenta 😂

I was originally calling them grape, but then they grew up and had no purple in them. :) That's when we noticed that the iris and alstro had matching color palettes.

Then I thought of calling it cherry or berry, and hit on the idea that they were collectively "peachberries." I fell in love with my own designation, which is why I will always call them peach and berry eggs. I'm planning a massive lineage of Peachberries (which I guess is a good thing because so far all my 2nd gens have been peach and I'm not even upset about that). My first to hatch were dubbed the monarchs as founders of the dynasty.

Spoiler

CrownPrincess.png.79441f5735eb07c2c6bd0e36209221f7.png

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

I've seen people referring to them as 'magenta' as well and the bronze as 'brown'. 

"Bronze" came from the spriter, but they were calling the other one "dark pink" which I guess found no love here. LOL

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

"Bronze" came from the spriter, but they were calling the other one "dark pink" which I guess found no love here. LOL

That makes sense... and yeah, 'dark pink' doesn't really have the same flair as 'magenta' (plus magenta's shorter; a plus when typing out trade requests), so I'll probably stick with that.

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

(plus magenta's shorter; a plus when typing out trade requests), so I'll probably stick with that.

...which is exactly why I prefer lilac to periwinkle.

31 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

...which is exactly why I prefer lilac to periwinkle.

Had to google periwinkle :P

For us non english, lilac is much easier :D

im curious if i get a normal sapphire and just feed it a ton of veiws will it turn yellow?

or do i have to ohtain a pink sapphire and feed it a ton of veiws and make it turn yellow

8 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

im curious if i get a normal sapphire and just feed it a ton of veiws will it turn yellow?

or do i have to ohtain a pink sapphire and feed it a ton of veiws and make it turn yellow

Blue sapphires turn yellow with a ton of views (about 4,050). Pink sapphires do not turn yellow, to my knowledge.

9 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Just a normal one. In fact the pinks will not turn yellow.

12 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Had to google periwinkle :P

For us non english, lilac is much easier :D

Same here, neighbour.

10 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

See how many views my pink got and remained pink here.

37 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

As an aside, blue hatchlings can turn yellow as well, so it might be safer to let it hatch normally as a blue and give it the 4k views it needs to become a yellow as it grows.

oh thank you for the advice everyone! i hope i can find some sapphires then in the cave! for some reason they do not show up in my market at all otherwise i woukdve bought a few to breed 

26 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

oh thank you for the advice everyone! i hope i can find some sapphires then in the cave! for some reason they do not show up in my market at all otherwise i woukdve bought a few to breed 

You need to unlock the sapphire egg in the encyclopedia in order to buy one

Updated!  (oh look, I can finally spell "Cantormaris" correctly!  Durr!)

Floret research underway!  (Possibly still buggy -- results subject to change!  Thanks for your patience!  Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro should ONLY yield a Peach egg.)

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed/Buy/Catch on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed/Buy/Catch on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Iris Floret (Magenta egg)

(NEW as of 5/27 -- are other combinations yielding it?)

Purple Alstro Floret (Lilac egg)

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown/Bronze egg)

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views (average)

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned);

Can be picked up from AP as blue, will abandon as pink;

Blue hatchies do NOT turn pink when abandoned

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded;

Even Nilia (Green) parents must be fertilized, as they do not "breed true"!

Cantormaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantormaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Edited by Kelkelen

yeah unfortunately ive bin clicking around to unlock it but i aint seen hide nore hair of any normal blue ones ill have to do more to unlock it ^^ 

3 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

yeah unfortunately ive bin clicking around to unlock it but i aint seen hide nore hair of any normal blue ones ill have to do more to unlock it ^^ 

I'd say try hatchery sites; they usually have some knocking around for you to view. The Trading Hub's also a good place to browse around.

3 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Wow, you people who precog regularly just amaze me.

I only have six Aeons, and I only use them when I'm working on gender balancing a breed. This way if I get a hatchling off the AP that's ungendered I can see what it'll be and I know what I either need to trade for or influence an egg to be.

There are very few situations when using one of my two Aeons is worth it for me (like when I have plans for all my Pinks). Chances are we use one BSA that needs a week long cooldown only to find out we didn't have to use any or that we need to use a second so I go straight for the Pinks, if I have enough and don't use on hatchies as there'd be nothing I could do.

Edited by Seejey

Questions: 

1. Do Green Nilias breed blue or green eggs? Any proof?
  2. Do we have proof that Yellow and Pinks Sapphires only give Blue sapphire eggs?
  3. Have the Florets been obtained from any non-purebreed pairs? 
  4. I saw that someone filled thier kill slots and that protected the target eggs from earthquake. Has anyone else tried that? Proof?

Also, I just auto-abandoned two lovely blue sapphires, since that's the only way to get them into the AP now.

May I eventually get a pink.

Lastly for any late-comers:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

My incomplete Masterlist of all the things, and my spreadsheet with alll the proven mechanisms for the dragons (that probably needs updating.) Please post your breeding attempts for Florets (on the specific "Floret Trials" sheet) or otherwise (on the "Test Results") sheet.

9 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Questions: 

1. Do we have proof that Yellow and Pinks Sapphires only give Blue sapphire eggs?

I currently have a Blue Sapphire from Pink parents, so that's one tally toward the 'only blue eggs' category.

234159346_PinkSapphires.png.dd793b2fb07a81b8bea5cdd7d4503267.png

1. Green nilias breed blue eggs. Proof is somewhere in this topic... I'll try to find it for you. (See my next post below.)

2. Pink and yellow sapphires lay blue eggs (also mentioned in this topic but I don't recall if there was a screenshot). Each alt egg must be individually turned.

3. Not that I have seen. And I've been looking.

4. Seems drastic, but if it works I guess I can see somebody killing off ap eggs to protect the eggs they really want to eq, either to hatch or get green cantos. (Of course, announcing this exploit will probably see the loophole get closed.) I honestly don't see myself using earthquake enough to merit this (setting up to do it for the first time).

Then again, the 31st is almost here. If you were going to kill anyway to try for zombies...

(1) Have up to 3 eggs you want to earthquake.
(2) Kill 5 ap eggs, filling death slots.
(3) Earthquake. Nothing can die because your death slots are full?
(4) Revive attempt.

Is that how it would go?

Edited by Fyrebird
Found reference to proof for #1, it was too long, deleted and put in separate post

image.png.6021d78baec1a7bbcb37afc12933fbd3.png

My yellow pair made a blue egg.

Are we sure about the filled kill slots protecting your eggs from EQ? Just because it happened that one person had their kill slots full and their eggs didn't die doesn't mean it would happen that way all the time. It does not work that way with Vampire bites! IF I can find any CB Cantos I might try it tomorrow, since I will be killing Zombie fodder anyway (unless the all dodge, which is what happened to me the last time!)

Edited by purplehaze

On 5/26/2021 at 5:45 AM, Seriva Senkalora said:

The green Nilias don't breed true if they are not fertilized.

(Screenshot was taken before I dumped the egg into the AP.)

pygmy.PNG.995672b045b0cfd1bfe4634472f71460.PNG

Here's the original post of the proof for nilias not breeding true. I'm going to delete that link to my much longer post that quoted it.

I just picked up a Sapphire egg from the AP that I assume someone abandoned, since it was bred from a Sapphire x Chronos Xeno and in the AP. It was still blue. I abandoned it, and of course it immediately turned pink.

I don't think I'll ever get one of these pink babies at this rate. 😂

4 minutes ago, Lynalee said:

I just picked up a Sapphire egg from the AP that I assume someone abandoned, since it was bred from a Sapphire x Chronos Xeno and in the AP. It was still blue. I abandoned it, and of course it immediately turned pink.

I don't think I'll ever get one of these pink babies at this rate. 😂

If it was auto abandoned it won't turn pink. That's how I understand it.

2 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

If it was auto abandoned it won't turn pink. That's how I understand it.

That is correct; auto-abandon (breeding while your scroll is full) retains the blue color while manually abandoning it turns it pink.