TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

i posted some floret breeding back a page or few four XD .... and forgot to add it's okay for it to be added into the spreadsheet -

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/188908-2021-05-21-dragon-caves-15th-birthday/?do=findComment&comment=10068149

breeding time was about 6:40 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Cave time last night (5/26)

Edited by trystan

My electric finally grew up!  I don't who is worthy to be her mate...  Wow, are these GORGEOUS!  The change is small compared to the old (newly updated sprite)--slightly different shade, blue electricity--but I just want to stare at it!  Great sprite!

ETA:  Oh sheesh!  First time I bred her, I got a z!  Need to think of a 15 anniversary name... :D :D :D

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZYRLD

Edited by random_dragon_collector

All 4 of my Peach Floret x Purple Floret breedings gave peach eggs... 

13 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

My electric finally grew up!  I don't who is worthy to be her mate...  Wow, are these GORGEOUS!  The change is small compared to the old (newly updated sprite)--slightly different shade, blue electricity--but I just want to stare at it!  Great sprite!

ETA:  Oh sheesh!  First time I bred her, I got a z!  Need to think of a 15 anniversary name... :D :D :D

Z'e 15 Rebel? 

Those pesky pinks are still poofing fast. 

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Those pesky pinks are still poofing fast. 

Been haunting the AP and have seen a fair few today, but caught nada!

7 hours ago, Feathers said:

Ahhhh I think the hardest part of getting the earthquake cantos is just going to be working up the nerve to do it without being afraid I'm going to kill everything else on my scroll... TT_TT

5 hours ago, trystan said:

my plan is to have just the one Cantor egg on my scroll - after i've had it a few days, and it's started to crack.... only then will i use EQ.  i've never used it before, so this will be the only time i do.

I strongly suggest just finding someone else to hold the other eggs, been working out pretty great for everyone that's been doing that.

51 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I've seen a few people mentioning it's not a big change, especially when we first started seeing the alt-Electric adults. Personally I *love* the alt way more than the original! Actually, what one of the spriter's mentioned for the new-Copper is true here too I think, your monitor has a lot to do with it. On my computer with max brightness (what I usually have it at) the alt-Electrics are a *huge* difference, the entire sprite has a different hue and the chest is glowy-green instead of the golden-yellow. (That's so cool she gave you a Z on first breed!)

I've spent awhile in the AP this morning and was getting annoyed, I kept *seeing* the pink Sapphires but danged if I could catch one! At one point I saw *three* at the same time and still didn't get any! ... And then I was going through my tabs (I always middle-click when hunting so I can open it in a new tab and keep refreshing on the AP) and apparently I got a pink and didn't even realize it. lol That was a nice surprise!

I've actually made my arm hurt and ache from clicking in the AP most of the day. Nothing. Tried for pinks and cantors, both go in a flash.

I've only been loosely following this thread so forgive me if someone's already answered this, but has anyone found a way to get peach irises yet? 🤔

You could also trade for some eq cantors. :3c

10 minutes ago, Avarule said:

I've only been loosely following this thread so forgive me if someone's already answered this, but has anyone found a way to get peach irises yet? 🤔

There was at least one reported magenta crossbreed, but I don't know the color combination. It's probably just an rng crossbreed result, though, and alstros are just dominating ratios right now so irises aren't common results.

5 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

I love this idea, but getting it started may be difficult as a lot of people did mass-breedings on different days, so our cooldown cycles aren't coordinated. (I did mine on Sunday.)

Another idea is to have something like the departures thread (as I remember it; haven't been there lately) where people announce when they did their mass-breeding, and those interested can note the time down so they know when to stalk the AP. We won't get the AP wall that way... but who says we can't combine the two? Have a sapphire breed/abandon thread and have people there cooperate to do theirs around the same time.

I think both can be done, but it would better to gather people to mas breed at the ame time from time to time.

If someone wants to make a thread to coordinate that, please go ahead. I'm not good witht his kinda stuff and not active enough on the forums, haha

1 hour ago, Tini said:

I strongly suggest just finding someone else to hold the other eggs, been working out pretty great for everyone that's been doing that.

this is an option.....

as is this one:

57 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

You could also trade for some eq cantors. :3c

if i get one, i get one. if not, that's okay too.

Bred my last Peach x a Purple and got a lavender egg! Putting it in the spreadsheet. :)

Spoiler

866395748_ScreenShot2021-05-27at4_47_22PM.png.7e8a1c51d14550b9f22fcf198750d06a.png

When up close, the anatomical differences are really clear. Not just the wings, but the tails!

:(  My only two adult Peach Florets have both given me more peach Florets when bred with Purple or Gold Florets. I'm keeping the one I just bred because I was deliberately breeding a messy, but dang that's not the result I was hoping for!

edit: Do we have any confirmation it's just rng/random chance? Is there any possibility what Floret you get when breeding could depend on other factors (time of day, cb/bred parents, whatever)? 

Edited by HeatherMarie

On 5/25/2021 at 9:20 PM, Shokomon said:

Ehheheeeheheheh.

Gemshards are punny.

Red Gemshards are Rubies.

You get Ruby Gemshards on Tuesday.

Ruby Tuesday.

EehehhahshehehehheeehehE.

Tumb.png

this caught me off guard and made me snort while drinking. so now there is cherry pepsi in my sinuses. this is BRILLIANT oh my god

3 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Oh, yes, I will definitely have to make a whole bunch of those!!!!!

This has been a really fun Birthday.  Thanks TJ and spriters!

In the beginning I felt overwhelmed by the number of sprites, the mechanics and doing all that reading trying to keep up.  I discovered, after catching CB Florets, a gemshard, a Sapphire to name a few, that I could also go to the Market when I got tired of hunting.  I love the pastel coloring of the Cantormaris and using BSA's which I've avoided.  I am really enjoying myself and the dragons I am getting.

Thanks to everyone on DC that has added info to make this such a success. 

Now I have to try to get brave enough to try EQ.....well, not quite yet ;)

My bronze is getting closer to hatching so I can get a peekaboo what the colors are going to look like soon. However with all the floret glitches I am leery of using any BSAs on it to hatch sooner 

3 hours ago, Tini said:

That's a great idea. I'll post in the 'missed connections and scroll help' thread once I've only got the one non-Canto egg to worry about.

12 minutes ago, Feathers said:

That's a great idea. I'll post in the 'missed connections and scroll help' thread once I've only got the one non-Canto egg to worry about.

I can hold up to 5 eggs right now if you need. I haven't been locked very much lately. XD 

I wonder if somebody already tried that but if you do earthquake on Canto egg from market, they are die or unaffected. But unaffected eggs are hatched as green if you didn't use other BSA after then.

Edited by sh20000sh

26 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

I wonder if somebody already tried that but if you do earthquake on Canto egg from market, they are die or unaffected. But unaffected eggs are hatched as green if you didn't use other BSA after then.

Yes, that works. This is why incubating your cantors before earthquaking is recommended. And market cantors react the same as regular ones.

Ouch seeing people saying they keep missing pink saphs makes me feel greedy for continuing to hunt them ;_; Though atm I'm hunting to help out folks who don't have any! Even though I'd love to try and trade some for gemshard eggs laid/stolen today. Having no luck trying to get ANY sort of gemshards. They're gone super fast when I see them in both ap and biomes. :( Anyways the ap has been good to me today. 3 pink saph eggs. First I traded for a green canto (I'm too askeered to use earthquake) and then the other 2 I gifted to folks who needed them. Since I've been having a really bad week (Someone close to me passed away last Friday) the idea of bringing smiles to the faces of other users is really helping me feel a semblance of "normal".

Anyways I've been pulling so many gorgeous eggs and lineages out of the ap. So many Sapos and Spiritwards to join my ever growing hoards. This release has been a joy. Even if some dragons are nigh impossible to get!

Just sent 10 perfectly good green nilia eggs to the AP as blues.  Worst mechanic ever!  I just don't want to pause breeding by putting them as trades in the departure thread.  Maybe next time.

47 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

Just EQ-hatched 5 Market Cantos with the 6th egg unaffected. All were incubated, and influenced, fogged at stage 5 and hatched with an age of 4d,7h. 

Totally happy! :D