TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

2 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

I'm actually looking forward to clearing my egg cache and trying out earthquake... I have an aegis that I named enraged but isn't. Think I was planning to do it and never got around to it before I wandered off.

I just remembered I accidently pacified one of mine a while back, but, none of my EQs have killed anything lol. 

2 minutes ago, Tini said:

I just remembered I accidently pacified one of mine a while back, but, none of my EQs have killed anything lol. 

Knife a dragon then :3

26 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Only the artists can confirm or deny this. Frankly, i would like confirmation on this but its up to the artists if they want to say anything

Well, yes. That's why I said it might be, since we really have no idea as of yet.

31 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Unless my memory is *seriously* screwed up, we heard nothing official when the new Xenos were released and the mess happened with Stats. I'm not saying they are deliberately keeping a glitch a secret, but I've been here for a *lot* of glitches and unintended issues and no we don't always get confirmation or official word for awhile. (Some issues never seem to be addressed officially at all, but those normally don't have to do with actual breed mechanics.)

I was not ignoring your argument; I was just busy. But I can't speak to this because I don't know anything about that scenario.

What I do know is this release, they've been quite upfront with acknowledging problems. Even ones they can't fix, like the original post showing some sprites in teeny-tiny size.

18 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Last time there was a glitch, TJ took back the golds and gave us shards.  This time we just got stuck with peach eggs and no shard refund.  I dumped mine--wonder if there will be a peach market wall in a few days! :D

If  there is, I'll be grabbin'!

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I was not ignoring your argument; I was just busy. But I can't speak to this because I don't know anything about that scenario.

What I do know is this release, they've been quite upfront with acknowledging problems. Even ones they can't fix, like the original post showing some sprites in teeny-tiny size.

This is entirely because the artist involved chose to update people (repeatedly too! Very helpful), and honestly it's been a real surprise compared to what usually happens which is...nothing. Obviously I'm not blaming any other artists for that, glitches and problems like this are not up to them at all and if someone is less active they may not even know what's up until way after the fact. But yeah, actually getting information about what is not working correctly is the exception, not at all the norm. 

As I mentioned in passing before, the filter for the trading hub has TWO entries for floret wyvern. They both say exactly the same thing: Floret Wyvern. FYI it's apparently alphabetical, as the top one gives you alstro floret trades and the bottom gives you iris floret trades.

moreyouknow.thumb.jpg.959660c43713037ef4fd9a1e0bb29e8c.jpg

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

They both say exactly the same thing: Floret Wyver

Its like that in the encyclopedia too (I was wondering why all my hatchling clicking wasn't giving me Peach entries until I looked and saw the second type.

Hoping that some update comes along and either changes the name [not a big change, maybe just call them Floret Iris and Floret Also] or some sort of clarifyer is put in place for trading [a little bit of a help to prevent people getting "scammed" with the wrong type]

That aside, reading all the comments about Floret breeding...I'm kind of happy I'm egg locked. Gives me time to see what does and doesn't work without worrying I'm missing out XD

35 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Last time there was a glitch, TJ took back the golds and gave us shards.  This time we just got stuck with peach eggs and no shard refund.  I dumped mine--wonder if there will be a peach market wall in a few days! :D

I’m really not happy about that. Not only have we just had the egg colour changed, but no apology for the mistake, or chance to get the shards back. Silence when mistakes are made isn’t the way to handle the situation.

I wonder if the Florets are possibly related to the seasons? There are four alts.... But Alstromerias are a summer bloom, not spring. Hmm. 

So I saw advice about waiting to earthquake eggs, some people saying wait till they crack, etc., but in looking at the Wiki I saw:

"Eggs must be cracked, and have 6 days or less remaining on their "time until death" to be able to hatch by Earthquake."

What does that mean for the Cantors, exactly?  Do they need to "hatch" to be alted or just "survive", and then go on to hatch normally?  

As you can tell, I don't normally do earthquake.  I am trying to get a friend to do some for me, and she hasn't a clue, either.  

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Thank u for the clarifiation!

Please add it to the Floret Trials in the spreadsheet if u can!

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

I have no idea how to add it. Sorry. XD

If anyone knows they are free to add it for me! Thanks! :D

2 minutes ago, daba555 said:

So I saw advice about waiting to earthquake eggs, some people saying wait till they crack, etc., but in looking at the Wiki I saw:

"Eggs must be cracked, and have 6 days or less remaining on their "time until death" to be able to hatch by Earthquake."

What does that mean for the Cantors, exactly?  Do they need to "hatch" to be alted or just "survive", and then go on to hatch normally?  

As you can tell, I don't normally do earthquake.  I am trying to get a friend to do some for me, and she hasn't a clue, either.  

Cantors just need to survive to hatch green.

5 minutes ago, daba555 said:

If they survive the earthquake, they will be green — unless you do some other BSA after earthquake like trade or incubate. (Influence is safe and doesn't affect their color.)

6 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Cantors just need to survive to hatch green.

Thank you.

As for a laugh, she has exactly one green dragon.  I tried to get her to breed florets, she has gotten these new ones, but has none of the old ones.  Yeesh 🤣

EDIT:  OK, so I told her go ahead, and she did, and they are all unaffected.  So then, they ought to go green?   

Edited by daba555

5 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Thank you.

As for a laugh, she has exactly one green dragon.  I tried to get her to breed florets, she has gotten these new ones, but has none of the old ones.  Yeesh 🤣

EDIT:  OK, so I told her go ahead, and she did, and they are all unaffected.  So then, they ought to go green?   

They should all hatch green. Just don’t perform any other actions on them now (don’t ward, incubate, teleport or precog), and you’re good.

2 hours ago, Dalek said:

Welp, the cb Purple floret alts were fixed. Time to dump this egg then

can you explain this? my brain is not really understanding this. thanks :D 

Question for CB Pink Sapphire hunters. Are you counting Market Sapphires as CB? While I usually dislike MP "caveborns," I think the challenge of getting a Pink Sapphire at all is enough for me to count them CB in my hunt for a pair. XD Very curious to hear what others think, though.

Also, I've decided to fill my open eggslots with MP Sapphires when I go to sleep and abandon them all in the morning/afternoon the next day. Not sure how many days I'll do this for.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

can you explain this? my brain is not really understanding this. thanks :D 

The marketplace had the new (alstro) purple eggs in them. People snapped them up. Turns out it was supposed to be the pink egg for sale. All their lovely lilac colored eggs turned peach. They are understandably not happy; they thought they were getting an egg that hadn't been seen in the wild yet, and ended up with an egg that's all over the place. Lost opportunities, lost shards.

12 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

They should all hatch green. Just don’t perform any other actions on them now (don’t ward, incubate, teleport or precog), and you’re good.

Yep, she did the influence and incubate first.  Very pleased, I thought for sure they'd all die, LOL. And all she wants is new gemstone ones, so has to wait till at least tomorrow to try.

And I, at least, do count the MP eggs as CB.  That's their whole purpose as far I am concerned.  I am not 100% with them, but given that I will never catch a Statarae in the cave, I am rather pleased to have been able to buy a couple.

Edited by daba555

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

The marketplace had the new (alstro) purple eggs in them. People snapped them up. Turns out it was supposed to be the pink egg for sale. All their lovely lilac colored eggs turned peach. They are understandably not happy; they thought they were getting an egg that hadn't been seen in the wild yet, and ended up with an egg that's all over the place. Lost opportunities, lost shards.

yeah, i saw all that kerfluffle, but the post i was quoting mentioned "the cb Purple floret alts," not the ones in the market. so i'm thoroughly confused.

i mean, my first thought was the sprites got tweaked a little, like the existing Coppers and Gemshards, but.... i don't know.  i think my brain is shorting out from all the overload of new stuf XD 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

yeah, i saw all that kerfluffle, but the post i was quoting mentioned "the cb Purple floret alts," not the ones in the market. so i'm thoroughly confused.

I see why you might be confused! In this case, CB = no lineage. Market eggs are CB by that definition. So yeah, this was about the Market Violet Alstroemerias, which reverted to the Jungle Alstroemerias once the glitch was fixed.

Just now, pinkgothic said:

I see why you might be confused! In this case, CB = no lineage. Market eggs are CB by that definition. So yeah, this was about the Market Violet Alstroemerias, which reverted to the Jungle Alstroemerias once the glitch was fixed.

ah HA! thanks!

on another one of my sites, eggs are fished out of a stream (much like snagged from the cave) or bought in a shop.  so we have Stream-born and Shop-born eggs.  i guess i got confused at calling Market eggs "CB" eggs.

i am unconfused now! thanks! :D 

1 hour ago, lexi_ said:

this is relieving! i just bred a purple iris with a peach alstro and got a purple alstro, and was worried it would change into something else. but this sounds like its working as intended. which is great!

shame that the people who bought them in the market that are now peach eggs dont get their shards back. thats disappointing.

i'm also a bit ... perplexed why nilia eggs revert to blue when abandoned. that doesnt make sense to me logically. the parents were still fertile when the egg was laid, why would abandoning it change its color...? if its intended, it makes no sense, but if its unintended, then this is a worryingly long amount of time to wait to fix it...

The green Nilias changing to blue might be because they still have the attatched 'fertility' BSA.  As I was researching for trying to breed my own, I actually found out that the fertility action can only activate from ONE of the parents, even if both are fertile.  This might mean that the actual trigger of the green alt Nilia is, for lack of a better word, 'recessive fertility'. 

That said, since fertility is a scroll-bound ability, if a dragon is traded or abandoned, this perk disappears.  I think one of the Cantormoris variants has a similar limitation.

2 hours ago, lexi_ said:

this is relieving! i just bred a purple iris with a peach alstro and got a purple alstro, and was worried it would change into something else. but this sounds like its working as intended. which is great!

I am glad to see someone did that.  I have been looking through the few fan sites I use, and I have seen the old florets in purple, but no new ones.  I was beginning to think it was going to something much harder.  Might not be very common, but at least I know that's how it's done, now.

3 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

2.  They'd have said so?  Maybe, maybe not.  They don't say much.

3 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Considering they've spoken up — rather quickly — both times the florets didn't act as intended, I think this is a very unfair thing to say. The nilia color thing has been ongoing for nearly a full week, with several mentions here in this thread, which is obviously being monitored. If it was a glitch, they'd have said so.

Infi has also commented on the pink sapphires, saying that they work as intended.