TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Ok, hopefully the Floret breeding issue has been addressed, I tried my breeding and just got Peach eggs.

1421941127_Breed1.jpg.c5282ef92a44a2d5b2592f47f8b9495d.jpg

1981197412_Breed2.jpg.9f3159a57fac86698e3e3f1076cc54e3.jpg

log.jpg.2679e1ee3592a06279b6773af7fec763.jpg

For anyone having bad luck with pink sapphires, I seem to be getting a few here and there, but I'm only interested in cbs. I would be more than happy to gift the non cb pinks to people who haven't had the best luck, so feel free to message me or check the dragon trading thread v2! ❤️

Oh wack, the lilac market eggs just got turned peach... not TOO mad cuz the peach variant is my fave but wouldve rather had my 200 shards back since I already have a gendered pair of peach hatchies 🙄

1 hour ago, gotw3 said:

Question for CB Pink Sapphire hunters. Are you counting Market Sapphires as CB? While I usually dislike MP "caveborns," I think the challenge of getting a Pink Sapphire at all is enough for me to count them CB in my hunt for a pair. XD Very curious to hear what others think, though.

Also, I've decided to fill my open eggslots with MP Sapphires when I go to sleep and abandon them all in the morning/afternoon the next day. Not sure how many days I'll do this for.

I have never made a distinction between CB and market eggs. They work the same in lineages (with a few exceptions like Copper breeding) and that is what I am interested in.

3 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Last time there was a glitch, TJ took back the golds and gave us shards.  This time we just got stuck with peach eggs and no shard refund.  I dumped mine--wonder if there will be a peach market wall in a few days! :D

I was saving up for so long, aiming for another Stat... T-T Dumped only one Peach so far, because I needed the slot to try and breed a rainbow copper for someone. I failed however .

after looking over some of these dragons, i'd just like to say that i LOVE !!! the tutela cantormaris !!! pastel baby...

3 hours ago, Syiren said:

Wait, that's actually a thing? 

(suddenly feels really bad about trying to breed her messy golds and silvers every week for those who like shiny eggs and frozen messies)

^_^;

My understanding is yes, though it takes a LOT to affect the overall population (like mass breeding that creates an AP wall). As for prize eggs, they still get scooped up quickly and are not available by cave drop, so I do not think you should refrain from breeding those.

1 hour ago, terrerio35 said:

The green Nilias changing to blue might be because they still have the attatched 'fertility' BSA.  As I was researching for trying to breed my own, I actually found out that the fertility action can only activate from ONE of the parents, even if both are fertile.  This might mean that the actual trigger of the green alt Nilia is, for lack of a better word, 'recessive fertility'. 

That said, since fertility is a scroll-bound ability, if a dragon is traded or abandoned, this perk disappears.  I think one of the Cantormoris variants has a similar limitation.

That's actually a really solid theory.

As for the Cantomaris, I think Incubate gets reset when you abandon a dragon, so maybe Iratus eggs change to Mundus ones?

I don't actually know if that's true.

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

40 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have never made a distinction between CB and market eggs. They work the same in lineages (with a few exceptions like Copper breeding) and that is what I am interested in.

Thanks for responding! :) Good to know I'm chucking the equivalent of CB Pink Sapphires into the AP, then, at least for some.

The purchase/abandon method is very doable, especially since I have a bunch of shards saved up, so I'll do that.

Floret breeding!

lotsa ......interesting fields on the spreadsheet but maybe if someone is able to add this to that?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Qo6jf

Purple Iris dad x Peach Alstro mom = Purple Alstro egg

https://dragcave.net/lineage/LmaCJ

Peach Alstro dad x Gold Iris mom = Gold Alstro egg

(not for the spreadsheet, but just for giggles.... i just wanted a Purple Iris, but~

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZxiE5

Heartseeker dad x Purple Iris mom = Gold Iris egg

^but this is just florets being florets and i wanted a purple XD )

waiting eagerly to rebreed my saphhires for people who missed pinks. 
longest wait ever is when waiting to rebreed pairs. I swear. It has a slowing time effect 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are people inflating their OVs to get the yellow sapphire? When I use just refreshing the page the views don't go up at all

26 minutes ago, Transknights said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are people inflating their OVs to get the yellow sapphire? When I use just refreshing the page the views don't go up at all

You can try refreshing your scroll page (the one that other people see, not the one you see when you're logged in). Putting the egg in multiple hatcheries will also help, but you may want to ward it to prevent against sickness. 

25 minutes ago, Transknights said:

I'm currently working on getting a yellow one too & I've put my blue Sapphire in a bunch of fansites. I usually get around 4k+ stats on my dragons by the time they grow up.

@Fyrebird I looked through your spreadsheets (thank you for sharing!) and noticed that it says the Iris Pink Floret has been confirmed by a Alstro Pink and Iris Gold pairing, but it's not listed in the tests (unless I somehow missed it after looking through both sheets several times)?  I haven't seen anyone mention success in obtaining a pink iris yet, is this actually confirmed or could this possibly be an error?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

Floret breeding!

lotsa ......interesting fields on the spreadsheet but maybe if someone is able to add this to that?

Had to do a double take when I saw the grand parents. They're mine. lol. That purple egg is so pretty. I love soft shades of purple like that. Blue too. 

On 5/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, pinkgothic said:
On 5/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Cryinglightning505 said:

Edit: It stopped gaining views at 1,350. Hmmmm. 

Overall views are capped at 15 * unique views. Once your dragon gets more than 90 unique views, you can continue giving it overall views. :)

@Transknights Here's how to get it counting views again.

When this whole thing first started, all the hatcheries had a massive spike in views. They're still elevated but I think it's fallen off of peak. My non-sapphire eggs have over 5K views each, and are hatching as soon as they reach 4 days 0 hours. I had to watch pretty closely and hide/unhide them as they got sick and then recovered.

I haven't tried to make a yellow sapphire yet, but one thing I would do is put it in multiple hatcheries in addition.to the auto-refresher. Watch it like a hawk for when it gets sick... the sooner you hide it, the sooner it recovers and you can put it back into rotation.

6 minutes ago, dojafish said:

@Fyrebird I looked through your spreadsheets (thank you for sharing!) and noticed that it says the Iris Pink Floret has been confirmed by a Alstro Pink and Iris Gold pairing, but it's not listed in the tests (unless I somehow missed it after looking through both sheets several times)?  I haven't seen anyone mention success in obtaining a pink iris yet, is this actually confirmed or could this possibly be an error?

Sorry, it's not MY spreadsheets. I have talked a bit with @Shokomon about the content, but I don't have access to the locked pages any more than the rest of you. I'm just promoting it because I'm excited over the project. I'm sorry if I've given that impression. I'm just excited about these new florets and eager to figure them out.

As far as things not being listed in the experiments, well that's because we won't put other people's things in the spreadsheet without their explicit permission. Mostly people are entering their own experiments, but sometimes they say we can add their breedings when they don't want to do it themselves. Without that permission, we can only refer to things that have been posted here—and there have been a lot in the last 2 days.

13 minutes ago, Syiren said:
1 hour ago, trystan said:

Had to do a double take when I saw the grand parents. They're mine. lol. That purple egg is so pretty. I love soft shades of purple like that. Blue too. 

oh very cool!

i have Sage listed as "adopted" on my spreadsheet, which means i got the egg from the AP :) 

Well, one can say what one wants about this release, but I remember that not too long ago one user claimed the forum was starting to die as the new release threads only got comparatively few pages nowadays. But with by now 80 pages, it is obvious that there are still many people very involved in DC. Good job! :D

By the way, I finally got my first Pink Sapphire as a very kind soul just gifted me a 2G PB one. That's one of the things that I love most about DC - the generosity of the users and the hard work of the spriters and TJ, even if some stuff starts out a little bumpy at times.

Thank you for the feedback, @Shokomon!  I appreciate the list, too;)  I'll dabble a bit more on my own, but it's nice to see that you are collecting experiences from everyone during these discoveries.  Keep up the good work!

Woah. The sprites for the Florets look FREAKIN’ RADICAL. The wings are definitely the highlight of the sprite. They look so good. The feathers look feathery. I love them and I haven’t been big on collecting Florets since they were not really my vibe. 

Wow, I finally caught a Pink Sapphire. 2nd Gen PB but who cares? XD

17 minutes ago, Astreya said:

By the way, I finally got my first Pink Sapphire as a very kind soul just gifted me a 2G PB one. That's one of the things that I love most about DC - the generosity of the users and the hard work of the spriters and TJ, even if some stuff starts out a little bumpy at times.

I got one, too!  It's a gen 8 with a holiday × sapphire lineage!  I wonder which sex mine will be?

Bummed that the AP is filled with Celestials again. I spent all day yesterday hatching 'em and tossing babies back. I'm done 😑