TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Don't want to dig through all those sites I missed...

So, do stunned Electrics keep their blue sprite when traded/abandoned?

I keep getting a tombstone error when purchasing a peach floret from the market. Has anyone else had this issue?

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink saphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink saphire had turnrd into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink saphire.  My pink saphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink saphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

3 minutes ago, kismetigs said:

I keep getting a tombstone error when purchasing a peach floret from the market. Has anyone else had this issue?

yes, i have quite a number of times.  it is very annoying.

2 minutes ago, Quinn's dragons said:

After haunting the Abandoned page for hours and more than one day, I finally managed to pick up a pink saphire egg,  I was soo happy.  This morning my pink saphire had turnrd into a flamingo wyvern or Bright pink.  I had picked up one of these 2 types of pinks right after I picked up the pink saphire.  My pink saphire is now gone. It is replaced with  a flamingo (I think).  I want my pink saphire back.  Can the mods and /or TJ switch them back?  Please.

Hatchlings cannot just randomly turn into a different dragon. You'd have caught a flamingo to have it grow up as a flamingo. Perhaps take this to the help thread? 

So  with my next lot of egg spaces it's the Nilias turn and it occured to me...

If I breed my Nilias with my Crimson Flare, fertilising both, does that mean there's a possibility of 4 different breeds of eggs (counting the alt as a 'breed')? Because that would be awesome. 

Edited by Wiz

Tried breeding two of my new peach jungle Florets (1M, 1F) with Gold Florets and got the Peach eggs. Not what I was hoping for.

Entered into the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure what Success/Failure means. Success is getting any egg? Or success is getting a new variant? Of course the Peach is a new variant, too, just not the one I was hoping for.

12 hours ago, gotw3 said:

Bred my Peach with an old Gold (?) Floret (not caught up on the terminology, sorry! :'D). Got a brown egg!

Not really sure how to update the spreadsheet, unfortunately.

Didn't see a note that this was put in the spreadsheet, so I added it. Thanks!

Edited by Fyrebird
Computer posted it before I was ready!

A bit of clarification: do the Cantors need to hatched by survive, or is surviving it okay? For example, should I try for a green Cantor that was just born (7 days left)?

My Sapphire egg was at S1 hatchling when it crossed 4000 views earlier, but color didn't change for a while. Now it is at

4,187 / 1,072

/ 33 , turned to S2 and also to YELLOW :D Also much to my surprise I caught a pink G2 in the AP after missclicking dozens xD

Ok so variation on my earlier question...has anyone successfully purchased a peach floret from the market? I have tried at least 10 times but get a tombstone on the final step. I have successfully purchased other eggs today so it isn’t a general market glitch.

Well everything seems discovered so here's my final thoughts!

I did really enjoy this event, it was a surprise which was nice. It was a lot fun fun figuring out the mechanics, but I had the help of discord for that. I think using variants was a good way to have 15 dragons without too many cb releases. I do think some of the variants should have been replaced with a cb release, and had them release later, as the event was a bit overwhelming at times. A mixture of cbs and variants would have been better.

The new sapphires feel 'out of place' as sapphires, they're not that shiny and look more like an art project than a gemstone. I however had a really fun time getting them, and the sprite work is beautiful. I did get lucky getting cbs so that does influence me, but I had the most fun with sapphires and I'm glad to have a soft shade of pink and a BRIGHT yellow dragon. The yellow mechanic I like, although think they shouldn't be able to change as hatchlings. The pink mechanic I was initially against but have softened to. I do still think an alternative, much slower, method would be nice for those that want to play solo but I also understand the reasoning behind being ap only. Not crushed that we can't get CB blue sapphires in the ap, but a bit sad making lineages with blues and pinks will be harder. 

The new coppers, I always wanted to see in cave as a variant. I really like their mechanic - it's clever. I do however miss the old sprites. The reason I wanted this variant was because they were so much brighter than regular coppers, but now they look very similar to 'rainbow' coppers which don't really deserve the name any more. I do hope the new sprites will be updated again to restore some of their previous colour balance. 

The new hybrids are GORGEOUS. My favourite dragon design from this birthday. I love them and will be hoarding them. No complaints here 10/10

The electric alt is interesting, I like the mechanic. I guess it's nice to have some more subtle alts. 

The new gemshards I love! They're the perfect breed to get more colour variations as they're so bold. I like the sprite update though am apprehensive about the amount of 'unnecessary' sprite updates we've been getting, to sprites that fit dc's art style fine. I really love the new colour choices, cyan is my favourite! I also appreciate the change to their mechanics, now lineages will be so much easier which is great cause I want these guys to get the love they deserve.

The new cantos I'm ambivalent on. The new colours are lovely, I especially like the green. I'm fine with the earthquake mechanic(although this would have been a great time to introduce the Float bsa). They're good.

New Nilias are amazing! I love love love the male. I wish so dearly we could get these as caveborns, they'd easily be in my top pygmies. The mechanic is fun, though them turning blue in the ap a bit confusing. Excellent dergs. 

The florets are very nice. I was wrong about the cuckoo theory, they appear to just be variations like dark/light lumias. The sprites are amazing. The breeding mechanic I expected, though sad I cannot get these are cbs either. Also sad these guys had a lot of bugs as they deserved attention for being amazing, not bugs.

i'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the previous 80+ pages: the Market Gemshards also follow the daily schedule? if i buy one today, it'll be Amethyst, if i buy one tomorrow it'll be Aqua, and so on.... correct?

59 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Don't want to dig through all those sites I missed...

So, do stunned Electrics keep their blue sprite when traded/abandoned?

Yes, I've traded multiple stunned Electrics and they've kept their alt-ness. 

19 minutes ago, FarawayCreatures said:

A bit of clarification: do the Cantors need to hatched by survive, or is surviving it okay? For example, should I try for a green Cantor that was just born (7 days left)?

It just needs to survive. 'Fresh' eggs have more chance of dying, but also more chance of 'unaffected' than actual hatching, so it's up to you. As long as it doesn't die it'll turn green!

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the previous 80+ pages: the Market Gemshards also follow the daily schedule? if i buy one today, it'll be Amethyst, if i buy one tomorrow it'll be Aqua, and so on.... correct?

Correct!

Just now, purplehaze said:
4 minutes ago, trystan said:

Correct!

woo hoo!

thanks! :)

OMG!!!!! The "glitch" peach x peach alstro pairings that gave a non-peach egg ... were not corrected!! Just clicked on an old link and the egg is still bronze.

I'm sooooooooo jealous. Guess I should have gone ahead and bred mine during the glitch, instead of waiting for things to be fixed.

Edited to add: there is a precedent for this. Back in the old days, rare x rare pairings were a glitch (as it says in the "before the change" banner in my sig). As I recall, those eggs were allowed to stay.

Edited by Fyrebird
Old rare x rare

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

OMG!!!!! The "glitch" peach x peach alstro pairings that gave a non-peach egg ... were not corrected!! Just clicked on an old link and the egg is still bronze.

You are right. O.o

I was so disappointed, that I didn't check my hidden purple egg until now. ❤️

15 hours ago, trystan said:

oh very cool!

i have Sage listed as "adopted" on my spreadsheet, which means i got the egg from the AP :) 

Yup, I breed my metals often and most of the time I place their offspring in the AP if I don't hand gift them and help spice up the AP with some nice surprises every now and then. That was from one of those times. :D

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Yup, I breed my metals often and most of the time I place their offspring in the AP if I don't hand gift them and help spice up the AP with some nice surprises every now and then. That was from one of those times. :D

thank ye muchly then! i've updated my spreadsheet to reflect that the egg came from the AP, via you :D

8 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I've been sitting here with my purple egg from Peach x Peach pairing and keeping my mouth shut, afraid this was overlooked and it'll get fixed as soon as I mention it😄

Maybe they haven't got to fixing it yet. Though I really hope you're right and this is intended to stay. 

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

thank ye muchly then! i've updated my spreadsheet to reflect that the egg came from the AP, via you :D

My pleasure! ^_^

I really love all of these new dragons. And I love that, while it'll take time to get all of them, I'm relieved that I don't have to scramble *snicker* to get them all in a hurry. That's the best part. 

Hmmm.  Bred a Peach and an old Purple and got another Peach. Not necessarily what I was hoping for. Adding to the spreadsheet.

Spoiler

170848196_ScreenShot2021-05-27at1_12_00PM.png.5342e776aba327657b7601973b9d3b84.png

49 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, I've traded multiple stunned Electrics and they've kept their alt-ness. 

Thanks a lot :D

On 5/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, prllx said:

Is it ok for me to enter the information of an egg which is not mine? If that's ok, I'll put it in the spreadsheet, but I still don't know the exact time of the breeding because the egg is not mine. Seems like it was laid between 00:00~02:00 am though...

Don't see that anybody ever answered this. The answer is that we are not including anything without the egg owner's permission. If you know the owner and they give permission, then it's okay for you to enter it.