TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Mini breading session with the new Florets, three peach eggs and one no egg produced.

screencaps below for gender/timings. Sorry, got to run or I’d add them to the spreadsheet.

Spoiler

7C8489F5-5836-4B11-842B-78E45147B0A9.jpeg

Spoiler

44ECA021-FC14-4A8D-9F62-794D86BB8D9D.jpeg

Spoiler

C60E5EF2-9D57-4B72-8635-1CBB367AA2B8.jpeg

Spoiler

C1AA29B3-C87B-4F3C-BD6D-F298DF47D001.jpeg

Edited by oxoniensis

59 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

I incubated eggs from 5 days to 6 days, from 0 UV to ~300 UV, one died at about 5d18 hours and 34 UV. Rest survived. None hatched (thus none ran off).

Awesome thank you. It's also just occured to me that I won't be able to incubate any survivors after I EQ so best to get it done before 🤣

5 minutes ago, tjenni said:

I just saw the egg in market, too, I only hope it will stay at that price for a while, I only have 500 shards at the Moment, which I wanted to spend on Gemshards

I got two of them, hopefully they breed together!

I am still so curious about the florets and the mystery of their colour-outcome when breeding! Maybe there is no system, and we will get crazy trying to figure sth out 🤪

Edited by Berlin-Angel

20 minutes ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I have seen a new egg in the market 🤗

floret market.JPG

That is rather interesting! So now we have the precedence of a breed-only egg in the Market - hoping for others like Geode etc, too! XD

Not sure I quite understand what's going on with the florets but happy to get another one in cb form through the market!

22 minutes ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I have seen a new egg in the market 🤗

floret market.JPG

Ok I wasn't expecting that. Perhaps this means we will get CBs in the cave too after all? It seems unlikely that a bred-only alt would get a market version. 

Another pairing: gold Iris Floret M x peach Alstro Floret F gave me a gold egg (6:04 am cave time).

I'll add this to the spreadsheet too.

floret2.jpg

Bought two lilac florets, and now have this for my encyclopaedia page, so that suggests just the Jungle for the new breed.

Spoiler

9CB38DD8-CE99-457C-987D-8FA1EC4BBAD6.thumb.jpeg.d62fbec1c38c60b46b69545a153075b4.jpeg

It would also be the first breed where the breed-only alts are *above* the cave-found individuals in the Encyclopedia (see Black or Undine) so I'm wondering if maybe there is a chance for them to drop in the Jungle, just not yet? Moon-dependent? Sun-dependent? Seasonal?

Grabbed a Lilac from the Market!

god I hope it's not an error

Went and grabbed a Lilac too, y'know, just in case...

Still hoping these guys will drop in the cave eventually though.

4 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

Grabbed a Lilac from the Market!

This is why I'm not grabbing any yet...especially since the same thing happened earlier in this release, don't want them to turn peach or something. 

Which reminds me, those aren't in the market are they...? So weird.

6 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

So do I - took 2! XD

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

This is why I'm not grabbing any yet...especially since the same thing happened earlier in this release, don't want them to turn peach or something. 

When the Golds were accidentally priced 700 shards, all purchases were undone and the shards returned. I'd imagine the same thing would happen here if the lilac market egg was a mistake.

Huh. Merging didn't work?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, MissK. said:

Which reminds me, those aren't in the market are they...? So weird.

I only had the 200 left to grab it, so I'll be out of shards if they do turn 😅 I won't be opposed to them becoming Peach though, they're my favourite of the three colours at least! 

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

When the Golds were accidentally priced 700 shards, all purchases were undone and the shards returned. I'd imagine the same thing would happen here if the lilac market egg was a mistake.

True, that's very possible. I meant in case the one added to the market was meant to be peach for example, but still it would be fairer (is that a word?) to reverse purchases.

2 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

I only had the 200 left to grab it, so I'll be out of shards if they do turn 😅 I won't be opposed to them becoming Peach though, they're my favourite of the three colours at least! 

They're super pretty! Still, they're popping up to much to be worth the shards I think haha.

Ah shame all my new peach Florets only bred 1 old purple, 2 new peach and 1 refusal. 

Well next time...

Cross-breeding new sub-species with the existing Floret colors can create the other outcomes.
Gold Floret x Peach Jungle = Gold Jungle

floret.png

If the purple egg through the market is an error, I'd much prefer getting my shards refunded

14 minutes ago, Dalek said:

If the purple egg through the market is an error, I'd much prefer getting my shards refunded

Same.

But I'd MUCH rather you let us keep them <33

3 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Updated!  Floret research underway!

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Lily Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Purple Alstro Floret (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown egg)

?

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000+ user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned)

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Bump!  Has anyone here gotten a Periwinkle/New Purple egg from M Gold Iris x F Pink Alstro?  Just to confirm that any combination can lead to a Purple Alstro egg.

Also, it does seem that at least one person has gotten a Gold Iris egg from a pairing with Pink Alstro, so it looks like any offspring is possible.

Now, what we need to do is start paying attention to if/when the Pink Iris Floret starts falling, or if the 3 Alstros alternate when/where they drop, somehow!

I got the new sprite for the gold floret! I bred the new peach with the old gold 

1622028259424.png

Edited by Rennze

As has been speculated, the periwinkle eggs in the market should instead be peach eggs. I'm not sure how it'll be handled when that gets fixed, so I'd avoid purchasing for now if you're only trying to get the periwinkle eggs. Additionally, breeding appears to still be a little wonky, so there may be some additional retroactive fixing. I'm sorry for all those affected and I thank you for your patience while it gets sorted out.

Oh my... That's kind of disappointing. But thank you for the warning!

Let's hope it gets fixed soon - any more "testbreedings" are worthless at this point (but well, I ran out of breedable Florets anyway).

So I will watch my bred purple Lily egg as long as it's there.

More fixing? Seriously?!

Please get some sleep first ... Seems you need it if so many things need fixing.