TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Is the Nilia thing a bug--abandoning them, they go back to blue?  That's not super logical.  Is it another bug?  I think that we need a statement of how everything is supposed be working--can whoever knows check and tell us what else is bugged?

1 minute ago, Seejey said:

😮 Neeever saw one!

It is quite rare compared to eggs, but hatchies also show up every now and then. Especially after the holidays there usually will be a short hatchie wall when you can see mainly hatchies in the AP.
And yes, I APd the one earlier because I was going for yellow. Did not know they could turn as hatchies and since it was bred from a blue anyways someone will surely be happy about it either way. :)

53 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach. Market eggs additionally should be Peach instead of Periwinkle. I can't provide any updates as to when fixes will occur or what will happen to affected eggs––that information is unavailable to me at this time––but I would prepare yourself that non-Peach eggs from Peach x Peach, as well as Periwinkle market eggs, may be reverted to Peach eggs.

Thank u for the clarifiation!

36 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I got the same result from an old Gold & a new Peach.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/QZOvG

Please add it to the Floret Trials in the spreadsheet if u can!

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

56 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach. Market eggs additionally should be Peach instead of Periwinkle. I can't provide any updates as to when fixes will occur or what will happen to affected eggs––that information is unavailable to me at this time––but I would prepare yourself that non-Peach eggs from Peach x Peach, as well as Periwinkle market eggs, may be reverted to Peach eggs.

:( I was hoping for the purebreds staying purple, but if that wasn't the intention, I will have to live with that.

5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Is the Nilia thing a bug--abandoning them, they go back to blue?  That's not super logical.  Is it another bug?  I think that we need a statement of how everything is supposed be working--can whoever knows check and tell us what else is bugged?

They're not going to give a statement at this time, if ever. The thing about DC has always been that it's up to the players to figure things out. That's part of the fun. (If that part's not fun for you, then you are always welcome to sit out the experimentation and wait for the "scientists" to release their findings.)

That's why we have the forum to discuss things, and the unofficial Wiki to gather the accumulated knowledge. (The glitches with the florets are actually a bonus because it's forced pixxelation to make definite statements that means we can cross off whole sections of experimentation... like we stopped trying crossbreeds when we figured out that we needed adult new releases.)

Edited to add:

The nilias lose their aqua color if abandoned and keep it if traded — true for both eggs and hatchlings. If this was a glitch, they'd have said so, so we can only assume it's on purpose and won't be changed.

Edited by Fyrebird
Added nilia-specific info.

4 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

They're not going to give a statement at this time, if ever. The thing about DC has always been that it's up to the players to figure things out. That's part of the fun. (If that part's not fun for you, then you are always welcome to sit out the experimentation and wait for the "scientists" to release their findings.)

Edited to add:

The nilias lose their aqua color if abandoned and keep it if traded — true for both eggs and hatchlings. If this was a glitch, they'd have said so, so we can only assume it's on purpose and won't be changed.

1.  Of course I think it's fun to figure things out.  I don't think it's fun to not be told anything when there's a bug until way past when people have bred dragons that they now need to a wait a week to breed again.

2.  They'd have said so?  Maybe, maybe not.  They don't say much.

2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

2.  They'd have said so?  Maybe, maybe not.  They don't say much.

Considering they've spoken up — rather quickly — both times the florets didn't act as intended, I think this is a very unfair thing to say. The nilia color thing has been ongoing for nearly a full week, with several mentions here in this thread, which is obviously being monitored. If it was a glitch, they'd have said so.

3 hours ago, Berlin-Angel said:

Not yet, we have to wait until some "bugs" have been fixed... and then we can keep on breeding and guessing ;)

edit: look on page 75 (i guess) the first post by Pixx... sth is still not working 100% right...

Thank you.  I think I may not have been clear enough, though: I'm not asking about the sprites I'm seeing referred to as 'periwinkle,' which sound like they have to be bred from adult Peach Florets, but to the alternate male and female sprites for all of the Floret colors, including Peach, which can be Caveborn or bred.  Here is an example of a CB like I was trying to ask about! 

Oh I hope my luck is changing. I got a hatchie to turn yellow earlier, and I just got a pink in the AP - only been camping there for hours for the last three days! Now I hope it's third time lucky, as I've got a couple of cantors to try EQ again. Both died at S5 last time I tried.

4 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Oh I hope my luck is changing. I got a hatchie to turn yellow earlier, and I just got a pink in the AP - only been camping there for hours for the last three days! Now I hope it's third time lucky, as I've got a couple of cantors to try EQ again. Both died at S5 last time I tried.

You realise you don't have to wait till S5 right? They can survive just fine being like 1 minute old.

If anyone's still gathering info for the Yellow Sapphys I can add to it. My friend gave me permission to add hers to the research. She bought it from the market, actually wanting more blue CB's and it turned. lol. 

639319802_YellowSapphy.png.9eb97bf7466c3d76273550e24dc372b7.png

3 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

You realise you don't have to wait till S5 right? They can survive just fine being like 1 minute old.

You may not HAVE to, but it is best and seems to increase chances. From observation, EQ has a 100% fail rate (if you consider hatching the only 'success') before the eggs are 24 hours old, from looking at the EQ success and failures thread. So they don't survive just fine being 1 minute old; they're very likely to die, though there is a small chance they'll be unaffected. This user is just trying to maximize their chances of having a successful hatch. 

3 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

I left it to S5 as I had other eggs I wanted to hatch safely. As I understand it, older eggs have a better chance of survival, like at S1 crack. I hear what you're saying though, a lot is down to luck.

Welp, the cb Purple floret alts were fixed. Time to dump this egg then

15 minutes ago, Kaini said:

You may not HAVE to, but it is best and seems to increase chances. From observation, EQ has a 100% fail rate (if you consider hatching the only 'success') before the eggs are 24 hours old, from looking at the EQ success and failures thread. So they don't survive just fine being 1 minute old; they're very likely to die, though there is a small chance they'll be unaffected. This user is just trying to maximize their chances of having a successful hatch. 

o.O

Actually 5 of 6 went unaffected for me, none was older than 24 hours. Which would be enough to turn them green?

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I know where you are coming from. I want CBs, too. But people breeding Sapphires doesn't stop others from abandoning CBs and there are people who DO want bred ones. It is frustrating to grab one that is not what you want, but the AP has always been thus! Please don't tell others what to do with their dragons.

Sorry, did not know my tone sounded like a command. I was just asking because I thought some people did not realize that they were reducing the drop chances in the cave by breeding all of theirs.

1 minute ago, Nalyua said:

o.O

Actually 5 of 6 went unaffected for me, none was older than 24 hours. Which would be enough to turn them green?

From what I understand, your egg only needs to survive an Earthquake to become a green Cantor. The "unaffected" line also will change them, as it is technically about using the BSA, not having the dragon actually affected by the BSA.

If that makes sense?

6 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Sorry, did not know my tone sounded like a command. I was just asking because I thought some people did not realize that they were reducing the drop chances in the cave by breeding all of theirs.

Wait, that's actually a thing? 

(suddenly feels really bad about trying to breed her messy golds and silvers every week for those who like shiny eggs and frozen messies)

^_^;

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

It's really not fun to hunt if there's error messages all the time, especially at the hour drop 😶

Yup. Personally for me it's *more* frustrating when the errors are *not* at the hour drops, at least it's relatively normal and expected for the hour-drop to lag a bit and be crowded. But when I get tombstone-errors at totally random times like :12 or whatever, that's super frustrating!

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

Considering they've spoken up — rather quickly — both times the florets didn't act as intended, I think this is a very unfair thing to say. The nilia color thing has been ongoing for nearly a full week, with several mentions here in this thread, which is obviously being monitored. If it was a glitch, they'd have said so.

Unless my memory is *seriously* screwed up, we heard nothing official when the new Xenos were released and the mess happened with Stats. I'm not saying they are deliberately keeping a glitch a secret, but I've been here for a *lot* of glitches and unintended issues and no we don't always get confirmation or official word for awhile. (Some issues never seem to be addressed officially at all, but those normally don't have to do with actual breed mechanics.)

I caught two 2g Electrics in the AP, both with Copper parents so I figure they were Copper-alt fails. Unsure if I'll keep them both for the Electric-alt  or toss them for more space, but about an hour and a half ago was when I saw a good number of Electrics in the AP. I've seen one pink Sapphire in the AP so far today (didn't get it). Still curious about the Florets, so far it seems that breeding different colors together gives a chance of one of the new ones but there have been plenty of fails so it's possibly random/rng? I kind of wish there was an actual specific way to get the new colors, like breeding certain colors of Florets together would always give one of the new colors or whatever, I'm not thrilled at the idea of another random-chance breeding mechanic especially when we just finally got rid of the Gemshard one!

It might even be biome-related, if one flower type is supposed to occur in cooler climates and the other in warmer ones.

Just now, Kith said:

It might even be biome-related, if one flower type is supposed to occur in cooler climates and the other in warmer ones.

Only the artists can confirm or deny this. Frankly, i would like confirmation on this but its up to the artists if they want to say anything

17 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Wait, that's actually a thing? 

(suddenly feels really bad about trying to breed her messy golds and silvers every week for those who like shiny eggs and frozen messies)

^_^;

I don't think we know that for sure. Long long ago it was widely believed that bred-ratios and biome-ratios were separate from each other, if we ever got confirmation of that being wrong I don't know about it. Regardless, we definitely don't know for sure that it will have any real effect in the long run, and plenty of people *do* like messies and lineaged-dragons in general so I don't think it's fair to assume that people breeding their Sapphires are wrong for doing so. Especially at this stage, we are still in the 'new release hype' phase so the new breeds *will* be harder to get in the biomes no matter what simply because of that.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I caught two 2g Electrics in the AP, both with Copper parents so I figure they were Copper-alt fails. Unsure if I'll keep them both for the Electric-alt  or toss them for more space, but about an hour and a half ago was when I saw a good number of Electrics in the AP. I've seen one pink Sapphire in the AP so far today (didn't get it). 

I have snagged enough 2g penny copper fails from the AP (brown copper, electric, and bolt eggs) that I am planning a mini breeding project with the added bonus that some of the offspring could be shinny new pennies in the future! 

I missed all 4 of the pink sapphire eggs I have seen in the last 3 hours and the 2 blue sapphire eggs as well. The struggle is real, y'all. My one pink will have to be a lonely girl for a while longer.

Last time there was a glitch, TJ took back the golds and gave us shards.  This time we just got stuck with peach eggs and no shard refund.  I dumped mine--wonder if there will be a peach market wall in a few days! :D

2 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach. Market eggs additionally should be Peach instead of Periwinkle.

this is relieving! i just bred a purple iris with a peach alstro and got a purple alstro, and was worried it would change into something else. but this sounds like its working as intended. which is great!

shame that the people who bought them in the market that are now peach eggs dont get their shards back. thats disappointing.

i'm also a bit ... perplexed why nilia eggs revert to blue when abandoned. that doesnt make sense to me logically. the parents were still fertile when the egg was laid, why would abandoning it change its color...? if its intended, it makes no sense, but if its unintended, then this is a worryingly long amount of time to wait to fix it...