TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Bummed that the AP is filled with Celestials again. I spent all day yesterday hatching 'em and tossing babies back. I'm done 😑

I was wondering who decided to breed all the celestials? Or was like everyone thinking celestials would give the new florets?

By the way, is the two floret wyvern entries an issue they're trying to solve or is there going to be two entries with the same name?

1 hour ago, Transknights said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are people inflating their OVs to get the yellow sapphire? When I use just refreshing the page the views don't go up at all

I used this autorefresher 

http://dc-auto-refresher.herokuapp.com/

1 hour ago, Transknights said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are people inflating their OVs to get the yellow sapphire? When I use just refreshing the page the views don't go up at all

11 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I was wondering who decided to breed all the celestials? Or was like everyone thinking celestials would give the new florets?

By the way, is the two floret wyvern entries an issue they're trying to solve or is there going to be two entries with the same name?

The florets are supposed to have two entries, that's intended. Celestials were because we had that one new egg from floret and celestial and people went wild trying to get one.

Can't say I'm a fan of having a breed variant locked behind earthquake 😕

deadeggs.png

1 minute ago, Daypaw said:

Can't say I'm a fan of having a breed variant locked behind earthquake 😕

deadeggs.png

Oof. Were all of them in the big hole stage?

Celestials were overtaking the AP for a bit, but it looks like some variety pushed back the tide! :) Edit: Oops, may have spoken too soon. It was a great five minutes, though!

Edited by gotw3
whoopsies

41 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

More likely everyone using celestials to maximize sapphires sent to the AP.

That's what I did, on advice from folks here. Got 13 eggs, only 3 of them celestials. I was able to immediately create 6 pink sapphires by abandoning them. Of the other 4 that got auto-abandoned, 2 were turned pink by whomever grabbed them from the AP (pick up and re-abandon—they are the true heroes!) and two are still blue, possibly attempting to turn them yellow.

In return, I have two AP celestials growing on my scroll right now, plus I raised two right before this started, so I guess I've erased my "celestial footprint"

30 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

I know this is a simple mistake, and Lord knows I make a lot of such, by I am endlessly amused that your comment about auto-refreshers seems to have been auto-refreshed.

Edited by Fyrebird
It duplicated one answer when combining - why?

My Floret breedings. I would appreciate it if someone could enter this in the spreadsheet:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/0FPLB

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Gcb7c

https://dragcave.net/lineage/tFZ76

https://dragcave.net/lineage/PEB0k

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hmJ63

The breeding between Purple Iris female and Gold Iris male produced no eggs. Luckily I got no refusals, my Purples are all on cooldown. I'm having fun.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.

… And the Rolling Stones theme continues (yesterday it was the gemshards' "Ruby Tuesday")

So, one of our lovely and talented companions here on the list caught a pink sapphire for me. I was delighted and cherished it and raised it from an egg. It wasn't a pretty lineage, but it was low-gen and had a rather beautiful spriter's alt.

I don't collect spriter's alts, although I do like to look at them.

Then I saw somebody who was sad because their AP pink sapphire was "only" a 2g pb, and I thought, "I'd love a 2g pb pink sapphire." Then I thought, "I may not collect spriter's alts, but other people do." So, I thought maybe this not-beautiful lineage would be more appreciated by somebody who collects spriter's alts, and offered it in a trade for a 2g pb (or cb but I didn't expect one). I figured, there's a full day until it grows up, let's see if anybody's interested.

I got an offer very quickly.

It wasn't for a pink sapphire. Or a sapphire at all.

But it was a beautiful 3eg lineage... with TWO spriter's alts in it.

I hemmed. I hawed. I clicked Accept.

Bottom line, I currently have no pink sapphire. I traded this...

Spoiler

470301333_Traded-anon.png.5ea3d44516a89283b7bd9cc43672a7ab.png

...for this.

Spoiler

380169502_Traded4-anon.png.86bc3767593a6b795f8bdfa1f796231f.png

Now I'mma see if I can turn it back into a pink sapphire. Maybe even a CB.

So I haven't seen anyone post this Floret breeding result (I only checked back three or so pages), so I'm really hoping it's not a glitch (shopped the code out to hopefully protect the baby from viewbombing).

707801463_DragcaveFloret.png.92240630b38f54822f756efe3d1cb4bb.png

If it's not a glitch, I'm very pleased with the outcome, especially given the fun semi-naughty code it came with. 🥰

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

So I haven't seen anyone post this Floret breeding result (I only checked back three or so pages), so I'm really hoping it's not a glitch (shopped the code out to hopefully protect the baby from viewbombing).

707801463_DragcaveFloret.png.92240630b38f54822f756efe3d1cb4bb.png

If it's not a glitch, I'm very pleased with the outcome, especially given the fun semi-naughty code it came with. 🥰

That is working as intended, Pixxelation stated on the unofficial Discord. So yes, all good there.

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

Well, one can say what one wants about this release, but I remember that not too long ago one user claimed the forum was starting to die as the new release threads only got comparatively few pages nowadays. But with by now 80 pages, it is obvious that there are still many people very involved in DC. Good job! :D

Haha, I remember that. Looks like the community can still be very alive and talkative around here!

1 hour ago, Spyridon said:

Way back in the beginning I bred a Floret/Celestial and got a new-Floret, we didn't know at the time that it was a glitch. I posted that breeding result here so I'm guessing people tried replicating that. 

Just got back to computer after eating dinner and I'm finding the site so laggy I'm not even going to hunt right now. It's very frustrating, it's not even just at the hour-marks or even the 5-minute-shuffle marks. The AP seems to take forever to even recognize that I refreshed it, goodness.

7 hours ago, lexi_ said:

this is relieving! i just bred a purple iris with a peach alstro and got a purple alstro, and was worried it would change into something else. but this sounds like its working as intended. which is great!

i'd mentioned it, but a pretty screenshot for anyone who wanted to behold it firsthand :P 

image.png.ff80e7d2ce4cb8b489f577e573251319.png

i bred another just like it and dumped to the AP. 

Edited by lexi_

43 minutes ago, RainDear said:

My Floret breedings. I would appreciate it if someone could enter this in the spreadsheet:

Done

Bred my Peach with an old Gold (?) Floret (not caught up on the terminology, sorry! :'D). Got a brown egg!

Not really sure how to update the spreadsheet, unfortunately.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.809f2985f9e87b51f5c78af8b0496144.png

For some reason, it looks like the Peach is looking in disbelief at the Gold as he tries to impress her... silly things like this still make me laugh, I guess XD

1014739110_ScreenShot2021-05-26at11_49_14PM.thumb.png.c5f664a3d28e72e94f87c397554d8c37.png

Not sure if we're keeping track of Floret x Non-Floret, but bred mine to a Gold anyway and got a Peach egg.

1363827733_ScreenShot2021-05-27at1_58_09pm.png.220e60ed8812466480e8f9e1161c7c53.png

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

Is anyone having issues across the main site? Because all of a sudden, I'm running into a lot of error pages.

22 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

The most important thing is, as Number 5 said, "Input."

19 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

Well, that's a blast from the past. XD

Nice to see other fans here. B)

As for the market fiasco, I was hoping they would still be available. TBH, that's one of the most frustrating things about hybrids. Most of us like having pretty CBs to breed to things. I remember how bad I used to want a CB Bluna. I think the market would be a good way to compromise. Most of the dragons you'd still need to breed as hybrids, but you could occasionally get market CBs, even if they couldn't be found in the caves.

19 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

Is anyone having issues across the main site? Because all of a sudden, I'm running into a lot of error pages.

I'm getting a gateway timeout right now. I was going to breed some gemshards and cantos, but I guess not.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but why are the peach florets listed as a separate breed in the encyclopedia? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be listed under with the other floret variants?

24 minutes ago, Spyridon said:

I've been getting quite a few error pages recently. They usually don't last too long, refreshing the page after a few seconds typically clears it and the site starts working again. I assume it's due to all the activity from the new release.

11 minutes ago, Ninetails said:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but why are the peach florets listed as a separate breed in the encyclopedia? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be listed under with the other floret variants?

The old florets are based on iris flowers. The new florets are based on (let me see if I can spell it) alstroemeria, also known as the Peruvian Lily.

Each kind has 3 color varieties, which are in fact the same color palettes. But they are different body types, and the separate breeds are to distinguish that.

They're basically being treated the same as zyumorphs, which are listed as separate breeds despite all being zyumorphs, because their bodies are so different.

We hope that they will change the labels and actually MARK the difference, instead of the Encyclopedia and filter just saying "Floret Wyvern" for both, with no indication of which is which.

14 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

I've been getting quite a few error pages recently. They usually don't last too long, refreshing the page after a few seconds typically clears it and the site starts working again. I assume it's due to all the activity from the new release.

I'm so used to it being on the AP or the affected biomes. Not when I'm trying to incubate eggs or trying to get the Encyclopedia images to reveal themselves. I guess the mass of all the users is warping space time in DC. XD

Has it been stated how to get the other Floret colors yet?

Extending my gratitude and complements to Tj and all the spriters who designed these new variations.