TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, Aventurine said:

Has there been any discoveries about how to get the "alt" Peach Floret sprites?   I've been all through this thread, and haven't seen anything, but I've spotted a few in hatcheries so it seems somebody must have found the trick!  

Not yet, we have to wait until some "bugs" have been fixed... and then we can keep on breeding and guessing ;)

edit: look on page 75 (i guess) the first post by Pixx... sth is still not working 100% right...

Edited by Berlin-Angel

59 minutes ago, LadyTwi said:

Bred my two peaches and they refused each other... looks like I'll have to go catch some more.

At least I was able to turn my Sapphire egg before it hatched so I have the yellow egg in my encyclopedia. EDIT: Orrrr it didn't unlock for some reason?

Here are some codes for DEAD yellow sapphire eggs. They still work for the Encyclopedia but, being already dead, don't hurt anything. These are all lineage links: click on the thumbnail to go to the view page for it to count. (I just noticed the handy "lineage link" button in the toolbox the other day. I love it!)

tEAkm eftAH k9Nzf gzNt1

Has anyone turned a Sapphire HATCHIE yellow yet, or is it only the eggs that can be turned?

Just now, Leidarendi said:

Has anyone turned a Sapphire HATCHIE yellow yet, or is it only the eggs that can be turned?

Blue Sapphires definitely turn yellow as hatchlings too.

Well...DURN!! I just spent some hard-earned shards on eggs that won't be there in a while?! Welp, if they DO turn Peach at least I can remedy the gender imbalance. But &^$$#@!!!

3 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Well...DURN!! I just spent some hard-earned shards on eggs that won't be there in a while?! Welp, if they DO turn Peach at least I can remedy the gender imbalance. But &^$$#@!!!

When I bought loads of golds during the glitch I got my shards back.

I just had a Sapphire egg hatch blue at 3,600 and odd, so I bombarded the hatchie and it turned yellow just after 4000!

I know this has been done before, but I don't know if that included bombarding the hatchie.

For what it's worth, I just bred and abandoned 3 Sapphire eggs - 2nd gen.

The fourth pairing gave me the other breed.  And all I had was the 4 Sapphires, LOL.

I had previously bought and abandoned 4 from the Market, so that's my little bit :)

18 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Oh yes, mine was a hatchie when it turned. 

2 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I just had a Sapphire egg hatch blue at 3,600 and odd, so I bombarded the hatchie and it turned yellow just after 4000!

I know this has been done before, but I don't know if that included bombarding the hatchie.

Cool!!!!!  Thank you for posting about  it.  Hubby was trying the high views, naturally both his eggs got sick, LOL.  I'll let him know he can still try after they hatch.

Edited by daba555
typo

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When I bought loads of golds during the glitch I got my shards back.

Yeah, I know, I know, I'm not REALLY hurting about it, but mannnn those Periwinkle eggzes! Whinewhine.

While everybody's happily zapping their electrics for the new blue ones... here are some links to three of my bolt dragons in "electrified" mode. Just in case you haven't unlocked that sprite...

pOKhN Un2k5 xgNGn

so if the Market Florets are glitchy....does breeding work, or is that also glitchy?

if it's still glitchy, i can wait until it's unglitched, i'm just curious.

34 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Both my Yellows came from turning as hatchies, since I kept accidentally making them sick as eggs. Neither turned at 800 UV, but once they got a bit over 4k OV they turned.

I'm anxious to start collecting all the new Florets, but I'm going to try to wait until we have more solid information for as long as I can...

@trystan Breeding is also reported to be glitchy. Current bred eggs may or may not change colors like before. I'm waiting to breed the rest of mine, and HOPING at least one egg changes color. I'm cool with peach from my two peaches, but I'd hoped for a different color from my peach x gold.)

Edited by Fyrebird
Yikes! Quoted the wrong person

My sapphire hatchies just turned yellow as well :) One at about 4030, the other one was more stubborn and didn't turn until 4050. Both at about 960 UVs, 800 definitely wasn't enough, but I suppose that could vary.

1 minute ago, trystan said:

also, welcome back from hiatus :)

Thanks! I apparently suddenly left right in the middle of a release (baikalas). Had a bunch of unnamed dragons that must have been hatchlings when I... just stopped logging in. I don't even remember why. I'd think about DC every now and then, usually right after a holiday when I thought, "Hmmm, I should have logged in just to grab the holiday eggs."

Then this Easter I got a hankering to hunt for eggs. And luckily for me, this year they let you catch eggs you'd missed in the years before! I caught 363 eggs this year (yes, I counted, because that's the kind of nerd I am) to get completely caught up.

Good news is, hanging out on DC again has lured me away from the toxicity that is Reddit. Absolutely don't have time for both, at least not while I'm catching up on all the dragons I missed.

37 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Just looked, and the UV's are 481 on my yellow hatchie.  I used the refresher page, so that's another way.

@Fyrebird - i totally get that.  i had also missed previous years Festival of Eggs because i'd pop in every now and then for many years for the holiday releases and some new releases.  but about 2 years ago, i said "i'm going to be more active" - and i was! :)

in the meantime, now, i'm just glaring at two of my new florets, telling them to grow up now, instead of in 7 hours.  but.... maybe in those 7 hours, the floret breeding will have been fixed? hmmm 🤔

feel free to PM if you just want to chat, too :)

Glad to be active this time around for this year's Festival of Eggs (even got my own art in) and for DC's 15th Birthday!

Even with all the bugs being worked out, thank you to everyone's hard work and happy egg hunting! 😄

Ahh nooo, just now read here that hatchies can turn yellow? Yeeted a blue hatched one with over 2000 views. xD Hope it makes someone happy!

Can someone confirm if copper x electric element will always produce a new copper variant (aside from when it's the other breed)? Because this little friend confuses me and I am not sure if my eyes play tricks or if it's actually the old red copper variant. K3o5H

19 minutes ago, Caileh said:

My sapphire hatchies just turned yellow as well :) One at about 4030, the other one was more stubborn and didn't turn until 4050. Both at about 960 UVs, 800 definitely wasn't enough, but I suppose that could vary.

Pretty sure UVs don't really matter too much, as long as you have enough UVs to get enough OVs. My last egg turned at around 4020 OVs with under 300 UV, so the guess is they can turn at any point after 4k.

1 minute ago, Reykur said:

Can someone confirm if copper x electric element will always produce a new copper variant

Not always. It's like breeding for a hybrid: sometimes you get the new one, sometimes you get one of the parents.

Apparently coppers have very complex and strict breeding rules, that involves the mother having priority if she's cb, but if the mother's not and the father is... oy vey. I'd need a chart if I was trying to breed for specific colors. Don't know how/if any of that works into this new guy.

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

Not always. It's like breeding for a hybrid: sometimes you get the new one, sometimes you get one of the parents.

Apparently coppers have very complex and strict breeding rules, that involves the mother having priority if she's cb, but if the mother's not and the father is... oy vey. I'd need a chart if I was trying to breed for specific colors. Don't know how/if any of that works into this new guy.

Thanks! Interesting, that will make for some lovely lineages with the colour change options.
I love the male copper sprites, so I have pretty much memorized which breeds can go with the variants. Aaaand plans do sometimes involve marketplace female eggs because if the female is caveborn the copper father colour takes priority and not the mothers biome. Reason why my female golds are from the market (that and I never catch any).