TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

The old florets are based on iris flowers. The new florets are based on (let me see if I can spell it) alstroemeria, also known as the Peruvian Lily.

Each kind has 3 color varieties, which are in fact the same color palettes. But they are different body types, and the separate breeds are to distinguish that.

They're basically being treated the same as zyumorphs, which are listed as separate breeds despite all being zyumorphs, because their bodies are so different.

We hope that they will change the labels and actually MARK the difference, instead of the Encyclopedia and filter just saying "Floret Wyvern" for both, with no indication of which is which.

I think you mean Xenos. Which really don't need to be separate either given they are all wyrms. Zues are all grouped into one page and thus considered Westerns even though only one is. Zues should be separate.

58 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Has it been stated how to get the other Floret colors yet?

Extending my gratitude and complements to Tj and all the spriters who designed these new variations.

Breeding. People are still testing combinations 

Updated!  Floret research underway!  (Bugs still being unclear -- results subject to change!  Thanks for your patience!  Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro should ONLY yield a Peach egg.)

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro Floret (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

(Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro)

(Purple Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Purple Iris)

(Gold Iris x Pink Alstro)

(Pink Alstro x Gold Iris)

Pink Iris Floret (Magenta egg)

?

(NEW as of 5/27)

Purple Alstro Floret (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro Floret (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned);

Can be picked up from AP as blue, will abandon as pink

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns egg OR hatchie back to blue;

Remains green when traded;

Even Nilia (Green) parents must be fertilized, as they do not "breed true"!

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Edited by Kelkelen

I just realised Gemshards list in order of their encyclopedia. That's so clever

Got 1 Brown (Peach x Gold Iris) and 1 Periwinkle (Peach x Purple Iris) egg and 5 Peach (Peach with Gold or Purple iris) eggs from 7 Floret breedings, no luck with Magenta.

Bred a Thursday Gem egg, no idea if it worked lol. The colors of the parents do not matter, right?

thanks @Kelkelen for that very very helpful sheet!!

Edit: do we know about colors of gemshards bought on the market? will they be of that specific color?

Edited by Kiwiana

27 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

do we know about colors of gemshards bought on the market? will they be of that specific color?

Yes, from what I know. I have a gemshard bought on Saturday (hatched orange) and a gemshard bought on Monday (hatched green). The colors match the scheme so far.

My Sapphire hatchling turned yellow right on 4050 / 672 / 4.

Soooo...... I bought a lavender floret in the market. Now it’s peach. 

I want my money back!! What a scam! (Ok mostly sarcasm but I do feel cheated here.) 

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Updated!  Floret research underway!  (Bugs still being unclear -- results subject to change!  Thanks for your patience!  Pink Alstro x Pink Alstro should ONLY yield a Peach egg.)

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Thank you for your hard work, it makes things a lot easier for me! :wub: 

*pokes eggs* Hatch already! I want to start breeding/hunting for Sapphires and Florets...and maybe try again for Cantormaris *weeps over the EQ loss of her two CBs*

Well, mostly Sapphires...going to sit back a bit longer on breeding Florets.

And Gemshards can wait until I have a week free to keep track of them.

Edited by ShorahNagi

Ahhhh I think the hardest part of getting the earthquake cantos is just going to be working up the nerve to do it without being afraid I'm going to kill everything else on my scroll... TT_TT

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Thank you, Kelkelen, that's really helpful!

Like some others, I'm getting a lot of error messages from the cave - abandoned page, biomes, individual dragon pages. Hope this will be fixed soon.

3 hours ago, Gealach said:

Yes, from what I know. I have a gemshard bought on Saturday (hatched orange) and a gemshard bought on Monday (hatched green). The colors match the scheme so far.

ah cool, thank you!

Before this gets locked...

I enjoyed this release a lot, almost everything was "get at your leisure" and it was cool how we got 15 things implemented in that tied with the 15th birthday. I love the warded Cantos and the Royal Eminence ones a lot, if only my Royals would actually give me a hybrid 😌

Locked? Did we figure out how to get the two different Floret body types yet? 

And yes this has been an awesome release and I have no idea how you are going to be able to top it for next year! Thank you everyone involved. 

Edited by Wiz

24 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

Before this gets locked...

I enjoyed this release a lot, almost everything was "get at your leisure" and it was cool how we got 15 things implemented in that tied with the 15th birthday. I love the warded Cantos and the Royal Eminence ones a lot, if only my Royals would actually give me a hybrid 😌

@BlitzDrake I can breed for you in about an hour. If you want me to, message me and I'l send you one back. I got a lot of the CB Parents.

Edited by Nalyua

2 hours ago, Feathers said:

Ahhhh I think the hardest part of getting the earthquake cantos is just going to be working up the nerve to do it without being afraid I'm going to kill everything else on my scroll... TT_TT

my plan is to have just the one Cantor egg on my scroll - after i've had it a few days, and it's started to crack.... only then will i use EQ.  i've never used it before, so this will be the only time i do.

Anyone has any plan to mass breed Sapphires and abandon them? We can gather some poeple, agree on a day and do it, and AP will be filled with the pink ones

Oh please do this! I'll participate since I have a few CBs just no pink ones. Let me know when!

Am enjoying the heck out of this release. Really the only fly in the ointment is mostly my fault. I grabbed an electric egg and quick checked its lineage. It was relatively short so I didn't scrutinize it as hard as I should have. Hatched it, Stunned it. Today it gendered and I went to check its lineage for name ideas (I do that a lot) and noticed shes inbred. :(  On the other hand caught a 3rd pink Saph that was pretty messy and inbred and since I don't really keep freezies much I am hatching it to gift to someone who needed it :D 

Just a little PSA though! Went to look in the trades at the Gemshard trades to see if there were any eggs caught today that I was able to offer on. One of the eggs I saw said something like "NEW Gemshard egg". I went and checked the date. It was stolen yesterday on the (Going by the pinned info in the DC discord) dark blue/Sapphire blue/ old blue day. So just make sure you check the dates of all Gemshard eggs if you're looking for a specific color! (I'm not saying the person trading is trying to scam or anything. They could generally be confused about what day drops what color (another person was offering a CB "green gemshard" egg also caught yesterday) or under the impression its still random which color you get.) Just thought I'd remind people that you CAN see when eggs are caught/stolen on so, as long as its not a Sunday egg, you can grab what you TRULY need/want 😜

42 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Anyone has any plan to mass breed Sapphires and abandon them? We can gather some poeple, agree on a day and do it, and AP will be filled with the pink ones

I love this idea, but getting it started may be difficult as a lot of people did mass-breedings on different days, so our cooldown cycles aren't coordinated. (I did mine on Sunday.)

Another idea is to have something like the departures thread (as I remember it; haven't been there lately) where people announce when they did their mass-breeding, and those interested can note the time down so they know when to stalk the AP. We won't get the AP wall that way... but who says we can't combine the two? Have a sapphire breed/abandon thread and have people there cooperate to do theirs around the same time.