TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

More fixing? Seriously?!

Please get some sleep first ... Seems you need it if so many things need fixing.

hey, I'm just as disappointed (albeit not surprised) that the lilacs were meant to be peaches as u are but taking it out on Pixx doesn't help when it's highly unlikely any of the release goofing up is their fault 😔

this is not meant to sound condescending and i apologize if i misread ur tone wahh i just legit feel for the artists here bc a lot of this stuff is out of their control hgdfdsj

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

More fixing? Seriously?!

Please get some sleep first ... Seems you need it if so many things need fixing.

I actually just woke up and saw that more things were broken (re: market). I just make the pixels, man. This isn't a good time for me either.

5 minutes ago, Falorni said:

taking it out on Pixx

I'm not "taking it out" on anyone. I'm just tired of things popping up that wouldn't be necessary if there was a test system of some sort where they could work on stuff first. Obviously, beta testing on a live system does NOT go well.

Hence, get sleep first, think about stuff, THEN do it.

1 minute ago, Pixxelation said:

I actually just woke up and saw that more things were broken (re: market). I just make the pixels, man. This isn't a good time for me either.

I imagine that. It's obviously not you, since you're not the admin.

The actual admin makes software for a living, as do I. Stumbling from bug to bug is unfunny - but not only for the people responsible, but also for the users.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

32 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

As has been speculated, the periwinkle eggs in the market should instead be peach eggs. I'm not sure how it'll be handled when that gets fixed, so I'd avoid purchasing for now if you're only trying to get the periwinkle eggs. Additionally, breeding appears to still be a little wonky, so there may be some additional retroactive fixing. I'm sorry for all those affected and I thank you for your patience while it gets sorted out.

Huh, thanks for the warning :)

I hope I get my shards back tbh since I do have all the peaches I need^^' bought 4 of them Lilacs and influenced as pairs... that's what I get for getting my hopes up for purple chonky chickens. If this gets fixed and the lilacs are swapped to peaches, please take my eggs, give me shards (Edit: This not directly towards Pix, generally speaking here. Just to be clear. I don't want to be mean.). Ty

Edited by Magellan

I was happy to buy two of the new purple Floret eggs from the market since I haven’t gotten any of the new Florets yet, but I’ll be just as happy to buy two of the peach ones instead later, once this all gets fixed.

Edited by Rhikasa

If the purple turns to peach, I'm just going to dump mine. 

4 hours ago, Wiz said:

FYI I bred and abandoned some 2G PB Sapphires which are now at 4d 5h and should be reaching the AP any moment. :D

Pretty please, for the sake of those of us trying to get CB, can the mass breeding of sapphires be put on hold? I have not even seen any drop in the cave in days.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

When the Golds were accidentally priced 700 shards, all purchases were undone and the shards returned. I'd imagine the same thing would happen here if the lilac market egg was a mistake.

I remember that. I bought 5 IIRC. I was GUTTED !

28 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm not "taking it out" on anyone. I'm just tired of things popping up that wouldn't be necessary if there was a test system of some sort where they could work on stuff first. Obviously, beta testing on a live system does NOT go well.

The actual admin makes software for a living, as do I. Stumbling from bug to bug is unfunny - but not only for the people responsible, but also for the users.

It's not THAT dire, surely ? We'll live at the end of it all.

Just now, Nalyua said:

Do Pink Saphires turn Yellow with too many Views?

I believe not.

46 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

As has been speculated, the periwinkle eggs in the market should instead be peach eggs. I'm not sure how it'll be handled when that gets fixed, so I'd avoid purchasing for now if you're only trying to get the periwinkle eggs. Additionally, breeding appears to still be a little wonky, so there may be some additional retroactive fixing. I'm sorry for all those affected and I thank you for your patience while it gets sorted out.

damn! Ah well, I'm still happy with my pretty peachy, these new sprites are outstanding no matter what colour they are!

Lookie what I found in my enclopedia...

Spoiler

551270997_NewEncyc.png.b282b05f090cfe67dcb24382080813ca.png

Noticed there were TWO "floret wyvern" entries in the filter for the trading hub. They both say exactly the same thing: they need to change at least one of them (probably alstro since the lily form was first and thus the "default").

1 hour ago, Pixxelation said:

Additionally, breeding appears to still be a little wonky, so there may be some additional retroactive fixing.

I'm just going to hold off on further breeding for now, in that case. This note tells me that some of the results that have been posted here, aren't what was supposed to happen. Hoping that at least one of the two peach eggs I have so far gets "retroactively fixed" to another color. (We may see a bunch of edits to the worksheet if people need to change their results.)

This post needs more attention (and @Shokomon this needs to be entered on the "confirmed data" section: apparently double fertility is required every time you want aqua nilias, as they don't breed true. This color variant has so much unique behavior!

2 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

The green Nilias don't breed true if they are not fertilized.

(Screenshot was taken before I dumped the egg into the AP.)

pygmy.PNG.995672b045b0cfd1bfe4634472f71460.PNG

1 hour ago, Pixxelation said:

Thank you very much for letting us know so promptly, too often we don't hear anything about these things for a long while but you've been great at keeping us updated. Hopefully TJ can adjust things soon and these lovely florets can (finally) work as you intended.

Happy Birthday, DC!  Loving all the updates, mostly...

Successfully bred five out of my six Cantormaris, only to have Earthquake kill them all...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Do keep in mind that this is a very large project.  They even popped in new functions, like a stat-based color change, so they have a lot of new things to sift through, especially now that it's open to the public.  I may have only taken a year of web-building in college, but I know how hard it is to root out a problem on your own after working on it so long.

Think of it this way: programmers don't always see the flaws until the tests, and people like you can find out even more of them, even when it goes public.  Talking about it at least gets the attention it needs, right?

Not that they're difficult to find yourself, but I have a list of adult royal eminence dragons long enough to unlock your adults sprites. Message me if you want it.

Adult alstro florets are easy to find. Just set AoND (or the hatchery of your choice) to show a high number of hatchlings. You'll probably see at least one new adult on every refresh.

8 hours ago, Gealach said:

I bred male peach Floret (new) x female purple Floret (old) and got a brown egg. At 3:45 am cave time.

Scroll-locked atm, will continue my experiments in a few hours.

floret.jpg

I bred my two peaches!
Got that egg aswell. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/AqTCD

So i'm agreeing, its probably random.
unknown.png

edit: hid my egg- sorry if anyone wanted to look at the lineage link

Edited by Halo--Cat
hid my egg, so i dont have to worry about it getting sick while im gone

Bred my two peaches and they refused each other... looks like I'll have to go catch some more.

At least I was able to turn my Sapphire egg before it hatched so I have the yellow egg in my encyclopedia. EDIT: Orrrr it didn't unlock for some reason?

Edited by LadyTwi

Had a go at breeding my 2 pairs of Sapphires last night to create some 2G PBs for abandoning .... one refusal (my own fault for being out of Purples and impatient!) & one no interest.  At least they didn't all refuse, so I can swap the mates around next time!

Have also been brainstorming a list of pretty mates for Sapphires and am definitely going to be staking the Sapphire breeding plans thread for more ideas :) 

Edited by foreverlokied224

44 minutes ago, Strick said:

Happy Birthday, DC!  Loving all the updates, mostly...

Successfully bred five out of my six Cantormaris, only to have Earthquake kill them all...

You should wait to use Earthquake when they are starting to crack, then the eggs are stronger.

Ok, so we know the market florets are bugged and the other color variants should not be available there. Now wondering what this means to the bred alts.

2 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

Additionally, breeding appears to still be a little wonky, so there may be some additional retroactive fixing. 

I don't really know how to interpret this, but I'm hoping the alt alstros from breeding will be left mostly unchanged. The purple alstro egg my new PB peaches gave me got me stupidly happy, and it'd be a bummer to learn that pair was not supposed to produce an alt egg. 

Gotta use this opportunity to say that I'm really digging the alstros' chonky sprites. But the best part is the eggs, their colors are simply captivating, I could stare at them all day. They're probably the most beautiful egg sprites to me right now and I honestly almost wish there was a BSA that lets us freeze eggs.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You realize the admin on the site is one person, who does all the coding and testing, yeah? And there is testing, but like with anything, it's impossible to catch everything 100% of the time. 

A huge game I also play just had a bug shipped to the live servers that ruined a character's entire kit and made her useless. It went on for a week before they fixed it. And this is an AAA game with millions of players and a massive dev team.

DC gets any 'gamebreaking' bugs fixed in hours max and things like this are usually sorted same day. It's incredible, frankly, considering the admin has a day job that does not involve DC. 

It will doubtlessly be repaired as soon as possible, thank you for your patience. 

Edited by Kaini

42 minutes ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Had a go at breeding my 2 pairs of Sapphires last night to create some 2G PBs for abandoning .... one refusal (my own fault for being out of Purples and impatient!) & one no interest.  At least they didn't all refuse, so I can swap the mates around next time!

Have also been brainstorming a list of pretty mates for Sapphires and am definitely going to be staking the Sapphire breeding plans thread for more ideas :) 

Just saying: as far as I know 'Fertility' does not alter the chance refusals happening (meaning that the BSA does not prevent this from happenig completely when trying new pairs, it just reduces the chance).

Edited by Nalyua

Has there been any discoveries about how to get the "alt" Peach Floret sprites?   I've been all through this thread, and haven't seen anything, but I've spotted a few in hatcheries so it seems somebody must have found the trick!