TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

I don't have time at the moment to read through the thread from where I left off, but I wanted to share my breeding results. I bred my Florets & got a peach egg from 2 peach parents, bred a peach & a purple & got a peach, & bred a peach with a gold & got this:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/QZOvG

Bred (IBJJ5) with Kirakotsu's Gold Flower. May 26, 2021, 12:36 pm EDT

I also did a quick breed & release of purple & gold florets & got gold eggs both times.

Edited by kiramaru7

This is going to be a long hunt for all the new alts lol. Especially since I so frequently get error messages from the cave esp at the 5 min drops 🙃

4 hours ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Pretty please, for the sake of those of us trying to get CB, can the mass breeding of sapphires be put on hold? I have not even seen any drop in the cave in days.

I know where you are coming from. I want CBs, too. But people breeding Sapphires doesn't stop others from abandoning CBs and there are people who DO want bred ones. It is frustrating to grab one that is not what you want, but the AP has always been thus! Please don't tell others what to do with their dragons.

Pink Sapphires are a social experiment. Just like the April Fools Mint but more advanced xD

21 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I don't have time at the moment to read through the thread from where I left off, but I wanted to share my breeding results. I bred my Florets & got a peach egg from 2 peach parents, bred a peach & a purple & got a peach, & bred a peach with a gold & got this:

I also did a quick breed & release of purple & gold florets & got gold eggs both times.

3 hours ago, Halo--Cat said:

I bred my two peaches!
Got that egg aswell. 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/AqTCD

So i'm agreeing, its probably random.
unknown.png

edit: hid my egg- sorry if anyone wanted to look at the lineage link

7 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Mini breading session with the new Florets, three peach eggs and one no egg produced.

screencaps below for gender/timings. Sorry, got to run or I’d add them to the spreadsheet.

Hide contents

7C8489F5-5836-4B11-842B-78E45147B0A9.jpeg

Hide contents

44ECA021-FC14-4A8D-9F62-794D86BB8D9D.jpeg

Hide contents

C60E5EF2-9D57-4B72-8635-1CBB367AA2B8.jpeg

Hide contents

C1AA29B3-C87B-4F3C-BD6D-F298DF47D001.jpeg

6 hours ago, Gealach said:

Another pairing: gold Iris Floret M x peach Alstro Floret F gave me a gold egg (6:04 am cave time).

I'll add this to the spreadsheet too.

floret2.jpg

6 hours ago, Magellan said:

Cross-breeding new sub-species with the existing Floret colors can create the other outcomes.
Gold Floret x Peach Jungle = Gold Jungle

floret.png

5 hours ago, Rennze said:

I got the new sprite for the gold floret! I bred the new peach with the old gold 

1622028259424.png

9 hours ago, oilbird said:

@HeatherMarie I entered my breeding info in the Birthday Spreadsheet (under Floret Trials, #42). Maybe it's just random, or maybe there's something there that could be helpful!

9 hours ago, Gealach said:

I bred male peach Floret (new) x female purple Floret (old) and got a brown egg. At 3:45 am cave time.

Scroll-locked atm, will continue my experiments in a few hours.

floret.jpg

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

new Peach and old Purple gave new Purple:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jAm6O

May 26, 2021, 4:13 am EDT

You guys don't know how to properly write sortable dates so go ahead and add it yourself.

Who invented this month-first-in-a-three-part date nonsense?! It should start with the YEAR!

new Peach and old yellow gave new Brown:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ik9M3

May 26, 2021, 4:47 am EDT

11 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Cool! Though you might want to replace that link with a screenshot of the lineage so it doesn't get killed.

Are you participating in the birthday experiment spreadsheet? It may be that it matters that only the mother was CB. This is only the second breeding of the new florets I've heard of; the first was also to a purple iris, and gave a gold iris egg. I don't know anything about the parents.

ZOMG Just checked and my first pair has matured!!

... And the Peachberry Dynasty begins with the birth of an heir.

Hide contents

BirthAnnouncement.png.d29147887e3ed394aa92b40c4e9d4c16.png

10 hours ago, oilbird said:

Here's what I got:

With old purple Floret x new peach Floret I got a new purple Floret egg

And with old gold Floret x new peach Floret I got a new peach Floret egg

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.33.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.34.02 PM.png

9 hours ago, prllx said:

I saw someone bred pink alstros together and produced a gold alstro egg.👀 I removed the codes from the image because they are not mine, but here's the screenshot.

Screenshot_20210526-155102_Chrome.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THESE EGGS.

If you added these to the spreadsheet, thank you! If you haven't please add them!

And for the new page:

If it helps any, I made a Masterlist of almost all the info about the dragons we know as well as some other notes, funny quotes, Glitch notes, and theories here:

On 5/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, Shokomon said:

{Snip}

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

also made a spreadsheet that I would really appreciate assistance with, so we can figure out how to get the other "Florets," and the Gemshards. Though, with the Gemshards, we have as substantial theory! I just need proof of Monday Gemshards. for documentation.

Also, we have a separate sheet for Floret testing! Please use it!

Reckon no solution will make everyone happy. I for one am grateful to players breeding Sapphires, because otherwise I wouldn't have any pink eggs at all :wub:

Okay, not going to lie I'm a little frustrated to wake up and see that the Florets are bugged yet again. I was so excited that we were finally figuring things out after so many days, but apparently the breeding is glitchy so basically none of our earlier results really matter. That really sucks. I realize things can't always go perfectly and there isn't a huge staff looking for bugs like on bigger sites and etc etc, but it is very disheartening to realize lots of data points are worthless and even this long after a new release we still have no idea what the actual mechanics are. 

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I know where you are coming from. I want CBs, too. But people breeding Sapphires doesn't stop others from abandoning CBs and there are people who DO want bred ones. It is frustrating to grab one that is not what you want, but the AP has always been thus! Please don't tell others what to do with their dragons.

Yeah, this. I understand wanting CBs, a lot of people here prefer or only collect CBs and that's completely their choice. But a lot of people love lineaged dragons just as much and are very grateful for all the pink Sapphires being sent to the AP no matter what the lineage. The AP almost always has a bias towards bred eggs simply because that's what gets abandoned most often, it's really no different than usual. 

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach. Market eggs additionally should be Peach instead of Periwinkle. I can't provide any updates as to when fixes will occur or what will happen to affected eggs––that information is unavailable to me at this time––but I would prepare yourself that non-Peach eggs from Peach x Peach, as well as Periwinkle market eggs, may be reverted to Peach eggs.

I'm actually looking forward to clearing my egg cache and trying out earthquake... I have an aegis that I named enraged but isn't. Think I was planning to do it and never got around to it before I wandered off.

I honestly don't care about lineages that much (I'm probably an oddball here), so I don't mind 2G, 3G or even messy Sapphires. Sure, I'd like a CB one too, but at this point I just want to get a bunch of these gorgeous fellows regardless of their lineage, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who are yet to get even their first pink Sapphire, so perhaps it's better not to stop breeding them just yet. I think they're already much scarcer than 3 days ago or so, anyway.

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Oh yes, mine was a hatchie when it turned. 

Awesome - thanks to you and others for letting us know!

39 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach.

Aha!! @Shokomon, we have one definite data point to add.

And since I've my non-peach florets (I only had 2) are both on cooldown, looks like I'm done helping with the planning breeding. One comes off cooldown in 2 days, the other I bred in the early hours of this morning. Guess I'll haunt the AP for incuhatchable ones (fingers crossed for a purple).

I'm going to go out on a limb and theorize that the new colors are going to be only from floret x floret color mixes. We just have to figure out what combination gives which color. We have three cb colors and 3 cultivar (to use the botanical term) colors. This might be a simple matrix.

Edited by Fyrebird
I can wurd gooder. Proofread, dummy!

I still want to know if the rest of the colours are eventually going to be obtainable (if only in the latter half of the year). There's some lineages I want to work on with the new purple and gold florets that i may now have to forget about if they're bred only. 

12 hours ago, Wurldpeaz said:

Psssst look what I found  breeding an old purple and a new peach

Oops let’s try that again 

MO8tF.gifl

39EECBF7-30E2-4956-BD13-9AF6B4C0ABD4.jpeg

I got the same result from an old Gold & a new Peach.

20 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

To clarify, most of the breeding seems to be working as intended, except that Peach x Peach should only be producing Peach. Market eggs additionally should be Peach instead of Periwinkle. I can't provide any updates as to when fixes will occur or what will happen to affected eggs––that information is unavailable to me at this time––but I would prepare yourself that non-Peach eggs from Peach x Peach, as well as Periwinkle market eggs, may be reverted to Peach eggs.

So just to double check this lineage I came across is a glitch and it should be peach? Those adults do look oh so pretty together! ❤️ 

Edited by acm1923

17 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I'm actually looking forward to clearing my egg cache and trying out earthquake... I have an aegis that I named enraged but isn't. Think I was planning to do it and never got around to it before I wandered off.

Oh! Thanks for the reminder, pretty sure I have a few Aegis I needed to Enrage. At least eggshells are good for something!

17 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

Correct.

Good to know! The Adults are just stunning! I am looking forward to beginning yet another lineage project I can already see forming in my brain! ❤️ 

So cross breeding with the other Florets is a way to get the new colors? 🤔 "Heads off to go breed things.."

Edited by acm1923

@Pixxelation: Do you have a time schedule that the "true facts" can be disclosed, or do we have to figure it out ourselves?

I keep hoping that my guess that they may all be caught in cave, biome specific, will prove to be correct.

1 hour ago, Reykur said:

Ahh nooo, just now read here that hatchies can turn yellow? Yeeted a blue hatched one with over 2000 views. xD Hope it makes someone happy!

Can someone confirm if copper x electric element will always produce a new copper variant (aside from when it's the other breed)? Because this little friend confuses me and I am not sure if my eyes play tricks or if it's actually the old red copper variant. K3o5H

Did you mean that you abandoned a hatchie and hopes someone catches it? If so, is there a way to catch an abandoned hatchie?

Edited by Seejey

Hello!  Sorta new to these forums, I made this account years ago but I don't recall if I ever made use of it lol.

I noticed that all three of the alstro florets' egg colors align with the first color on their wings.  However, the iris florets' egg colors are each color of the wings—golds are the first color on the wing, purples are the middle color, and the new peach are the wing tips color.  It may or may not have anything to do with anything, but just a little observation I wanted to share lol.

On another note, I've been scarcely following along with this thread since the initial announcement and I am coming to terms with how exciting and challenging this event has been, despite the trial and errors that admins, mods, artists, and players alike have been experiencing so far, but I love that the community has for the most part been seeing each other through it well.  This all has encouraged me to take a closer look at my dragons and realizing that I need to build up my collection, but the best part is realizing that—maybe except for the pink sapphires—I can take my time.

The pink sapphires, I feel, have a higher urgency because of the new mechanic required to get them, and for that fact it feels like there is low supply-high demand now that info has spread about how hard it can be to get pink sapphires, especially a CB one.  I haven't dialed in the best times to browse the AP, but after the weekend so far it seems that there are significantly less pink sapphires that show up.  Then again, I do not live in the continental US so I imagine my ping is a lot higher than most users here, there's a good chance that people are swiping them up faster than my browser can refresh lol.  I've been lucky to get three second-gen pink sapphires, and I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will not have CBs for a very long time LOL.  

In any case, Happy belated Birthday to DragCave, and thank you to TJ and staff and pixel artists for these gorgeous new dragons and art updates, I have a sincere appreciation for all the planning and work that goes into these.  I will be patiently waiting and excited for the challenges ahead of us!

32 minutes ago, Dalek said:

I still want to know if the rest of the colours are eventually going to be obtainable (if only in the latter half of the year). There's some lineages I want to work on with the new purple and gold florets that i may now have to forget about if they're bred only. 

It has been heavily implied from the beginning that the new purple and golds are breed-only. TJ's original clue was:

723268854_floretclue.png.78aad7034c592b7ce067534499444e55.png

One in the cave, the others "to be discovered" — i.e., figure out how to make them.

And then, when our early attempts at crossbreeding the original florets with each other and random dragons needed netted some of the dark pink eggs, we were specifically told that they were a glitch and "should not be available yet" — again, heavily implying that we needed to have adult pink alstros to make them.

Edited by Fyrebird
Didn't proofread AGAIN

4 minutes ago, Seejey said:

Did you mean that you abandoned a hatchie and hopes someone catches it? If so, is there a way to catch an abandoned hatchie?

Hatchies also show up in the AP. They usually get swiped up SUPER quick!

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Hatchies also show up in the AP. They usually get swiped up SUPER quick!

😮 Neeever saw one!

It's really not fun to hunt if there's error messages all the time, especially at the hour drop 😶