TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Lag is insane. Can't get more than 1 egg. Too frustrated to even try anymore tonight. I don't understand really why there is lag if these are a holiday, but I suppose I don't understand how the coding works on this site. Good luck, all.

Got two of the new ones!! Not gonna be able to grab any more (egg-locked), but this is good enough for me and way more than I expected for my first halloween 🥰🎃

Happy Halloween!

Maybe new dragon will have some sort of Phyllo- in its name....

I assume it will be based some way on fall dead leaves ;)

This lag kind of reminds me of the old holiday days on DC.   I remember being super tired one launch night but I kept trying to snag my Sweetling eggs before heading to bed. Luckily for me I succeeded because I ended up with Black Sweetlings that year. 😍

Also, a huge thanks for the participation badge.  The game is amazing and I really appreciate all of the work that went into it.  But I'm probably not going to finish in time. 

1 minute ago, Terrafreaky said:

This lag kind of reminds me of the old holiday days on DC.

Me too! XD I can't remember which, either pumpkin or marrow year, but I sat for aaaages battling with lag and an epic thunderstorm that kept knocking our internet out. Frustrating but so appropriate for the season, ha.

The lag is insane. I don't remember it being this bad since the Marrow release.

1 minute ago, Keileon said:

The lag is insane. I don't remember it being this bad since the Marrow release.

I too welcome the ensuring double drops of 6 egg slots. Hah, it won't get to that I'm sure, but it was a fun time.

14 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Lag is insane. Can't get more than 1 egg. Too frustrated to even try anymore tonight. I don't understand really why there is lag if these are a holiday, but I suppose I don't understand how the coding works on this site. Good luck, all.

Higher user activity than normal is most of it; i suspect that the lag will clear up in a few hours, though i know that's cold comfort if this is your one time to be on today.

These eggs only drop for one day, as opposed to the 3 days of the other holidays. Can they please drop continually for the 24 hours?? Halloween is a busy day for many of us and the lag right now is making catching these incredibly difficult. I get that it should be a challenge to steal eggs from the dragons, but it's 1:30 am and I don't have one egg. That seems extreme.

As always, though, thank you for the birthday present. I just hope I can actually catch it soon!

Managed to get four, rlly excited to see what these grow into. Happy halloween!

I actually completely forgot a new breed was dropping at midnight, lol. Oops. Only have two open slots at the moment and I'm not sure I want to fight the lag, but HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!!

Just got my first egg after an hour and 36 minutes, yeesh. I still have 7 more to go.

Got my second one, I might just give up getting the other 6 tonight, it’s almost 4am. I don’t think the lag is going to get any better tomorrow.

Edited by Zinogre

Lag plus rural internet is no bueno. I even drove to town to use data, but we only have LTE out here, lol. I dearly hope I'll be able to get this years eggs! It was hard last year, but nigh impossible this time. It really really would help a huge bunch if they'd drop continuously.

I've clicked on so many that I haven't gotten, that I don't think I'm seeing them in real time.  Can they post even though someone just took it--are they going that fast?  I haven't even come close to catching one.

The lag will cool down a little later in the day, hang in there! It's usually a bit frustrating in the first few hours of the event. ❤️ Thank you TJ and team for another wonderful Halloween!!

I tried the game too, but was too lazy and busy to play it much.

So I'm thankful for the badge!

I got three of the new eggs, plan is to get at least 4. 

And maybe there will be a mass-abandon later? :D

The new release looks promising, as always.