TJ09

2020-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

And I got another banner!  The old treats are so cool, and I love the old banners--I've always wanted them as much as the treats!  I'm repeating myself--but thanks, TJ!

lag and my aging reaction time will keep me from catching any this year

*sighs*

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

And I got another banner!  The old treats are so cool, and I love the old banners--I've always wanted them as much as the treats!  I'm repeating myself--but thanks, TJ!

I know how you feel!  I'm so, so excited -- I'm always terrible about missing the Halloween lead-up!  But now, I've gotten all this year's treats... plus all of 2018... plus about half of 2017 so far... and it's so nice having the banners, too! 

Why aren't these just straight dropping without limits in the biomes? This is stupid the way they are dropping. 

50 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Rrggh. Not having a good Halloween. I miscounted the hour to breed eggs in order to maximize how many I can get, and now the AP has gone ungenderable so the trading avenue is dried up.

No big deal in the scheme of things, but I've been trying to build Halloween checkers for TEN YEARS now, which is an aeon in Internet years--but with so few eggs I can breed and keep every season, I have the unpleasant feeling of falling further and further behind each year instead of making any satisfying progress. Failing to get the maximum number of Halloweens I can this year is really going to put the nail in. I think maybe I'd better switch to just collecting CBs in the future, I know I can get bunches of those and it will feel less fruitless. 😕

The timing can be tough! I've goofed and forgotten when to breed before, too, and it really puts a crimp in your checker plans, doesn't it?  Even with years of practice.

I've gotten better about it, though - now I try every year to get on the Forums on October 1st, to take a look at the Lineage Aid Thread and plan my own breeding.  (I keep my checker lineages organized in a spreadsheet, so this is also when I start going through the spreadsheet and updating anything I've missed put in there - mates acquired, dragons named, non-holiday offspring, etc.)  By mid-October I start planning which lines I need to work on this year.  Some years I'm super-organized and highlight each of them and label with a breeding date, other years (usually when I'm starting late) I just bold them or put "Breed 2020" on there.  If I'm breeding/receiving eggs in trades, I note that in there, too.  It helps a lot to be able to see what I should save slots for and when I need to breed certain things all laid out in one place!

I've seen lots of people use Google docs this way, too, but I'm old-fashioned enough that a plain spreadsheet is as technical as I get.  :)   That's a step up from the ruled notebook I used to use!

The AP can still be helpful, too - if you have Aeons, you can quickly determine whether the eggs will gender correctly, but sometimes I just grab bunches and wait to see.  If I find a lineage I like, I'll check their parents' Offspring page and try to grab all the 'sibling' eggs I can find, on the principle that probably at least one of them will gender the way I want.  : ) 

Edited by sorenna

36 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Me too! So proud to have added two new banners, and I hope to get a third before the event is over. :D

*finally grabs a Halloween 2020 egg*

1868693625_DragonCave-Halloweeneggauto-fogged.thumb.jpg.2d79b597d6fde33959c73d47225e8d95.jpg

??????? Why is it fogged???

*Clicks fog*

1519455129_DragonCave-Halloweenactuallynormal.thumb.jpg.4d06bbb8680f212e4fcebb0f67e188e9.jpg

Huh...It's normal now....

Weird.

Just now, Shokomon said:

*finally grabs a Halloween 2020 egg*

1868693625_DragonCave-Halloweeneggauto-fogged.thumb.jpg.2d79b597d6fde33959c73d47225e8d95.jpg

??????? Why is it fogged???

*Clicks fog*

1519455129_DragonCave-Halloweenactuallynormal.thumb.jpg.4d06bbb8680f212e4fcebb0f67e188e9.jpg

Huh...It's normal now....

Weird.

It's happening a lot today!

My fogged one took two scroll refreshes to actually show up on my scroll at all.

That fogging thing has been happening to a lot of people, based on comments here. I saw it with my first one.

Re: falling behind in breeding 

I'm going to thin out my groups. Decide which lines I'm going to focus on, and delete the other groups so I don't feel overwhelmed with the holidays. Basically the Konmari method but with dragon clutter. I'm going to start by weeding through the Winter Holiday ones, and see if December is more fun for me when I stick only to the lineages that spark joy.

Tangentially related, I'm also weeding through my entire dragon collection, one breed at a time (I have a notebook for this). I'm going to release all the messies and any others I don't want. Off to the wilds with them.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Oh!

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

It's happening a lot today!

My fogged one took two scroll refreshes to actually show up on my scroll at all.

So, it's not just me!

I wonder why that's happening...

I caught 8 over a period of a couple of hours this morning and none of them showed up fogged.

1 hour ago, dragonpuck said:

lag and my aging reaction time will keep me from catching any this year

*sighs*

Send me a PM if you don't manage to catch any, and I'll give you a pair. 

12 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Lovely eggs! They remind me a bit of Monarchs. 

I've caught one so far. It showed as fogged when I first caught it and I thought they were bugged! But it was fine on my scroll.

One of mine did the same thing

I now have 3. I figure I will try for 3 more.

Edited by Zerhai

I caught mine around 10-11 hours ago and three of them showed up as fogged on the caught page, so I’d say it’s been happening randomly over the day.

All of my eggs were fogballs when I caught them, but this isn't even the first time I experienced this. I can only assume it has to do with lag because I've seen it before when grabbing something rare from the cave that took a while to load, presumably because a lot of people were after it.

The last couple I caught 6 hours ago were fogged.  None of the ones before then were fogged.

Happy Halloween everybody, hope you all have a sweet (candy) filled day :)

Happy dragon hunting, this new breed looks and sounds very interesting, I carnt wait to see what it looks like 

Happy Halloween everyone!!! 🎃 Hope everyone has a fun day and evening in store! 

Got one egg so far, gonna try to snag another once I have room as I'm at my max eggs right now! :)

Whew, well it's at least *possible* to grab eggs now, I couldn't get any before I went to bed. After a few 5-minute shuffles I managed to get 5, keeping a couple slots open for AP hunting. I usually toss my 'extras' to the AP but with how hard it's been to find Kohrakis in the AP this year I'm wondering if I should keep all the CBs I can. 

I really like the s1 hatchling, that playful pose is cute and I definitely like the colors. The s2 is kinda reminding me of the 'not-friends' in the game, I thought those were Caligenes but maybe these new ones will have a resemblance to them as well? 

Oh, this dragon seems to be more colorful than I thought...and these horns!

It will be great, I feel