TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

No eggs in biomes?  They were late :D

Happy Birthday DC! For many more years ❤️

Edited by Naughtrish

Happy birthday, DC, and thanks to everyone who made it possible!

Though it looks like we've been struck by the "no eggs created on the hour" bug again. >..< Spoke too soon. There they are. LOL

Edited by Kith

Those pygmies are delightful. Love those little frog-flower-goblins! I’m also intrigued by all the other hatchlings. If we hadn’t discovered the two-headed hybrid already, its parentage would be obvious by now. Wish I had enough slots for more! 

Edit: calling it, the eyeless hatchling is my favorite so far

Edited by Niyaka

Oh my! The blue spots eggs give me hope for a colour scheme similar to the Tri-horn Wyvern. ❤️ And the shimmering egg is yet another egg that makes me wish we had egg freezing. *dreamy sigh* Excited to see some more hybrids; and one of them is our first two-headed hybrid, too! I'm hype for that, not to mention it'll make for great trivia for the Release History spiral breeding project! :D

Thanks, spriters and TJ, for the release!

48 minutes ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

birthday_babies.png

I love this so much ;a;

10 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

Wicked!

The brilliant blue spots on this egg stand out. Found in all biomes. Sorted between Albino and Almerald.

This pristine egg sits in a clear pool of water. Sorted between Almerald and Angallais. A hybrid between White and Undine.

This soft egg was carefully nestled in feathers and snow. Found in Alpine. Sorted between Cheese and Coastal Waverunner.

This egg has a checkered shell. Sorted between Imperial Fleshcrowne and Khusa. A hybrid between Bauta and Blancblack.

This shimmering egg was hidden far from the others. Found in all biomes. Sorted between Kyanite and Lacula.

This tiny egg resembles a seed. Found in all biomes. Sorts between Paper and Pillow.

This egg’s shell is slippery and clean. Found in Coast, Forest and Jungle. Sorted between Sandwaste and Sapphire.

There is a total of 256 breeds as of this release.

How many breeds...?? 😮😮😮

Happy Birthday DC!!

Ahh- there are so many variants within each breed! Has anyone figured out how to get the different colours?

10 minutes ago, Cowfish249 said:

Happy Birthday DC!!

Ahh- there are so many variants within each breed! Has anyone figured out how to get the different colours?

I've gotten two shimmerings from two different biomes and three seeds from different biomes to see if they are biome related 🤔

I have a feeling all of my breeding projects will be on hold for a couple weeks 😂

WOW what a beautiful Birthday assortment! Thanks TJ 😄

11 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Egg Egg Egg

The little pygmies are sending me OMG I love them so much

Thank you all!!!

Edited by Gluria

2 hours ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

birthday_babies.png

okay, this is adorable. 

Happy  Birthday DC!   Thanks TJ and spriters for this wonderful new dragon release :D

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

I've been here for a few years but I'm somewhat sporadic with my time on the site, so please forgive my ignorance: is it normal for there not to be any eggs when you're looking through the biomes? I've been checking since 3am CST and haven't come across any eggs at all. I keep checking the abandoned eggs (hey, you never know) but I don't see any new ones there.

Happy birthday my dear dragon cave. I arrived at 2008 and I had and have a lot of fun with this site. 🙂

Just now, sinsofthetongue said:

I've been here for a few years but I'm somewhat sporadic with my time on the site, so please forgive my ignorance: is it normal for there not to be any eggs when you're looking through the biomes? I've been checking since 3am CST and haven't come across any eggs at all. I keep checking the abandoned eggs (hey, you never know) but I don't see any new ones there.

keep an eye on the biomes. during every five minute drop. (ex: 11:45, 11:50, 11:55, 12 noon, etc.) new eggs usually always release this way, though there are two hybrids you can breed with this event. (Bauta x Blancblack) and (white x undine) Eggs go fast, so don't feel disheartened if you don't catch any right away. There is a comment on the first page that gives the description of each egg and where they can be found. 

Good luck! :)

Just now, Syiren said:

keep an eye on the biomes. during every five minute drop. (ex: 11:45, 11:50, 11:55, 12 noon, etc.) new eggs usually always release this way, though there are two hybrids you can breed with this event. (Bauta x Blancblack) and (white x undine) Eggs go fast, so don't feel disheartened if you don't catch any right away. There is a comment on the first page that gives the description of each egg and where they can be found. 

Good luck! :)

Thank you so much for the insight! I really appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, sinsofthetongue said:

During a new release it is quite normal. The eggs are grabbed very, very quickly when they appear. If you refresh a biome exactly at the 5 minute marks (x:05, x:10. X:15, etc.) you should be able to see them, but you have to be quick to catch them. The hourly drops have more eggs, so last longer, but they often don't start precisely on the hour, so you need to keep refreshing until they do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!

Also, NEW DERGS!

HECK YES.

No site updates this time around. That is okay!

Now to actually catch them.