TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

17 minutes ago, Phovos the Raptor said:

I have been refreshing for an hour now and haven't seen a single egg. I'm genuinely wondering if I'll even be able to get one.

Try refreshing at five minute intervals: xx:05, xx:10, xx:15 etc. The longest drop is at the top of the hour, so at xx:00, although it can be a bit late (this hour it started some time after :01 and lasted a few minutes) :)

A nice mix of have and have not. Keeps us on our selection toes. The new ones look great, if you can catch one.

5 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

New Halloweens sort between Kingcrowne and Kovos.

I have a feeling that they are gonna be called Koocoos or something xD

21 minutes ago, Aie said:

Try refreshing at five minute intervals: xx:05, xx:10, xx:15 etc. The longest drop is at the top of the hour, so at xx:00, although it can be a bit late (this hour it started some time after :01 and lasted a few minutes) :)

That's what I'm doing, and I'm STILL seeing nothing. You all have your 8 eggs and I don't have a single one.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

5 minutes ago, Phovos the Raptor said:

That's what I'm doing, and I'm STILL seeing nothing. You all have your 8 eggs and I don't have a single one.

start refreshing at "xx:04" etc and insta-click when you see smth.

I think these were easier to catch than CB arcanas this year :D 

20 minutes ago, Hells_Bells said:

I have a feeling that they are gonna be called Koocoos or something xD

hahah, here I was thinking it was going to be something like the kiss of death, or something to do with death.... I just get that vibe off them, something 'bad'

Happy Halloween everyone, just APed 3 of the New eggs for the Halloween Wall and gifted 1 with a Z-Code, caught 2 more for later dropping and I´m currently AP catching and hatching, will catch my eggs when they are sitting longer in the cave in around 8 hours, so that I can look for codes ^^

13 minutes ago, Bamboomonkey said:

start refreshing at "xx:04" etc and insta-click when you see smth.

I think these were easier to catch than CB arcanas this year :D 

No they're bloody not. I'm refreshing constantly AND STILL GETTING NOTHING. I haven't even SEEN an egg to click on.

5 hours ago, Dr. Paine said:

Heyy there they are :D

Also, loving the codes for this year's eggs... (ZOMBE TOWER DEFNS... wonder if we're gonna see some kind of haunted statue/guardian friend this year!)

Well, I kind of doubt it because the arcanas were something like "take all the spuds" in reference to the game that year, but have nothing to do with potatos.

12 minutes ago, Phovos the Raptor said:

No they're bloody not. I'm refreshing constantly AND STILL GETTING NOTHING. I haven't even SEEN an egg to click on.

There is no point in refreshing constantly.  There is only a short time window (5 to 20 seconds) every five minutes during which you can see the eggs. Outside of that time window, refreshing the page is just a waste of time because there will be no new eggs until the next multiple of 5 minutes.

My strategy is to wait until 1 second before the 5 minutes mark, then refresh a few times and grab whatever pops up.

unknown.png

I think it's because people are trying to grab 8 eggs rather than just 2 like previous years. I finally managed to get 2, but I won't be greedy and will leave the eggs for everyone else. No one else should have problems clicking on eggs.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

Just now, Bugzilla said:

There is no point in refreshing constantly.  There is only a short time window (5 to 20 seconds) every five minutes during which you can see the eggs. Outside of that time window, refreshing the page is just a waste of time because there will be no new eggs until the next multiple of 5 minutes.

My strategy is to wait until 1 second before the 5 minutes mark, then refresh a few times and grab whatever pops up.

I've had slightly better luck on the hourly drop with that same strategy (3/5 caught on the hour, and one of the remainder caught on that last xx:05 drop) but these are a tricky bunch. Probably the hardest for me personally since the pumpkins back in 2008 - and I had TERRIBLE internet back then haha, It's getting pretty late in my timezone though, so I might give this up until the morning, and hope that everyone else has egg locked themselves by then.

OPERATION: LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE

...is doing well!  Despite some unfortunate zombie spawns close to the front lines, the towers are holding their own.  In this screencap, the GoN had just been summoned -- it hadn't even attacked yet, and they'd managed to keep it down to 2 zombies!

20191031_111157.jpg.832b292c0eaa7524ddab2265d94560ca.jpg

35 minutes ago, Phovos the Raptor said:

unknown.png

I think it's because people are trying to grab 8 eggs rather than just 2 like previous years. I finally managed to get 2, but I won't be greedy and will leave the eggs for everyone else. No one else should have problems clicking on eggs.

Halloweens have always been grab as many as you can, because it's the greedy holiday. Only Christmas and Valentines are limited to two each.

724 With no losses yet! *Keeps fingers crossed*  Caught my 8 eggs, boy was it hard O_O  I'm really excited to see what these look like!

At what time do they spawn? I'm pretty sure there's a pattern but I never figured it out

Edited by Glaciarie

Have one new egg of each biome now (had to change to Chrome to have a chance at catching) and am now locked, here is hoping they hatch fast :P

Rounc 502 for my last tower defense atm :D