TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 minute ago, FontFish said:

People have gotten multiple of the new egg? I haven't seen a single one.

The hourly drops don't seem to be working right. They don't start dropping till :01 or :02. Just be patient and keep refreshing, they eventually come. Or wait on one of the 5-minute drops instead, those seem to be on time.

Well, the event was fun and I got as much as I could.

Thanks for treats too.

My last tower defense.

The road to Round 1000 is over. It was a good game though.

image.png.fc7105e0d7dc9de88dc2293ee811424a.png

Wow, these are super hard to catch! I've been at it all day and have only gotten one!

Edit:  Finally managed to snag a few more, but they're going quickly.

Edited by VictorianVivian

ohh, I figured out why I hadn't seen any of the new eggs. I didn't realise they drop in the normal habitats, not the Halloween one.

You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found.

Too right I expected, it's 19:00, hourly rollover, which didn't seem to restock at all!

Yet another hourly drop broken and not dropping, this is really glitching out like crazy and not very fun 😕

seriously? no hourly drop at all, it is 00:05 where I live, I want to catch the last eggs before going to bed

No eggs this hour I guess? It seems like there are a lot less eggs this year overall. Usually by this point in time there are eggs just sitting around, which is good because I like to pick out a few with nice codes. May not end up getting to do that this year.

Just now, Magdalen said:

Ok did this hour stock with new eggs and go quickly? Or has nothing dropped?

Nothing has dropped. Not at the hour. not at :05. Only Halloween biome going.

The .05 drop didn't seem to happen, either. I can believe in not catching anything, but I can't believe in not seeing anything.

1 minute ago, Alwerien said:

Nothing has dropped. Not at the hour. not at :05. Only Halloween biome going.

Ah bummer! I've been in jury duty all day and only managed to catch one egg early this morning. Haven't been online since

Do we get special rewards for being hit by a glitch? Or is that ridiculousness reserved for Sweetlings only?

Well, I got one in the morning and now I'm picking up a peck of pickled Pumpkins, breeding stuff for AP and going off. Don't really have the ability to sit on pins and needles, hoping for stuff to be fixed before midnight :unsure:

I am surprised that folks are still scrambling to snatch these new eggs at this time. Normally I wait until everyone has scooped up their new holiday eggs and it's easy pickings for me.

18 minutes ago, sashomarine said:

Found a treat in a surprisingly accurate location.

image.png.5932dd7d5be6550ca5f644bbe78b8240.png

This is purely awesome!

9 minutes ago, Magdalen said:

Ah bummer! I've been in jury duty all day and only managed to catch one egg early this morning. Haven't been online since

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you will be able to still! I literally just before the supposed hourly drop abandoned three of the dragons to AP (there should be plenty of them available that way later at least) preparing to hunt for some nice codes...and then there were no dragons. And it will be a full empty hour, looks like.

I've been refreshing for the past 20 minutes and I haven't seen a single new egg. At least I'm not the only one I suppose.

Edited by FracturedPoem

50 minutes ago, tjekan said:

The hourly drops don't seem to be working right. They don't start dropping till :01 or :02. Just be patient and keep refreshing, they eventually come. Or wait on one of the 5-minute drops instead, those seem to be on time.

I'm not getting any 5 minute drops at all. Only on the hour. This may be the first year I don't get the Halloween dragons when they're released. I've been trying since last night.

2 minutes ago, FracturedPoem said:

I've been refreshing for the past 20 minutes and I haven't seen a single new egg. At least I'm not the only one I suppose.

Definitely not alone. Halloween biome is still dropping, it appears every 15 minutes for me. But nothing whatsoever elsewhere.

I just checked all biomes except Halloween and 2019 Halloween eggs are dropping.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

Halloween release is just too short. 

If valentines can have a 3 day drop why on earth is halloween different?

Tbh it's even easier to justify 3 days of halloween, idk how about USA but wherw I live November 1st is the grave visiting day. People are travelling across the country to visit those of their distant relatives etc. It's a much busier period than valentines for sure...

Now add the spawn glitches...

At this point we really should just accept that holiday drops will glitch at least a few times each holiday. I know I've posted about the non-drops, the hour-drops not happening, etc many many times, and TJ doesn't seem to think it's a big enough issue to do anything about. One Halloween, can't remember if it was last year or the year before, the very last hour drop at 11pm never happened and didn't even fix itself, so the new breed effectively stopped dropping a full hour early. That definitely upset people. But I guess we just need to expect that now.

I am currently at round 366, which completely obliterated my previous record of 163 rounds.... And still not one dragon lost! I thought for sure I'd find at least one of my front-line vines gone when I got home from work, but nope!