TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Oooops... the color variation means I'll have to get 18 of the spotted ones to meet my scroll goals, instead of 6.

45 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Does anyone have cracks on theirs yet? Mine are heading into the 1000+ view territory with no cracks in sight. 

Mine have about 2000+ views and they have cracks in them.

Edited by Rexsaurus

47 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Does anyone have cracks on theirs yet? Mine are heading into the 1000+ view territory with no cracks in sight. 

6/8 of mine are S1, all are just over 1000Vs and 350-375UVs.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Mine are at 1600/1700 and 450 and 4d 12hrs, s2 hatching. 

Oh just got two of them in s3 stage

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

3 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

I had a dream that the spotty colors were related to the lattitude of your location - and that you could only get blues from Canada, Russia, or Scandinavian countries.

It was wild. More of a nightmare really.

Thank you for the inspiration!  Sounds like an amazing idea!

Edited by Corteo

Thanks, all! Mine are just starting to crack now at 1,100+/300+ views with about 12 hours left.

10 minutes ago, Corteo said:

Thank you for the inspiration!  Sound like an amazing idea!

i'd disagree myself xD sounds like a nightmare for collectors. I mean, imagine having all those colors out there you can't possibly get unless trading, and if some are rarer than others due to less countries in that latitude (not to mention people having to catch CBs of that egg in the first place, potentially making them more valuable to trade), you might never get them because they go for things rarer than you can get -.- it's already hard enough getting low gen prizes or CB metals, i really dont' want another rare egg tied behind 'cb gold / neglected / 2nd gen prize offers ONLY '

some of the colors in that scenario are bound to be more common, and thus less valuable for trading for the ones you don't have, than others. And that results in the low-gen prize / cb metal / neglected offers only situations that so bother me =P

Edited by Sirithiliel

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'd disagree myself xD sounds like a nightmare for collectors. I mean, imagine having all those colors out there you can't possibly get unless trading, and if some are rarer than others due to less countries in that latitude, you might never get them because they go for things rarer than you can get -.- it's already hard enough getting low gen prizes or CB metals, i really dont' want another rare egg tied behind 'cb gold / neglected / 2nd gen prize offers ONLY '

some of the colors in that scenario are bound to be more common, and thus less valuable for trading for the ones you don't have, than others. And that results in the low-gen prize / cb metal / neglected offers only situations that so bother me =P

Don't worry, we'd just make them scroll locked to fix that issue.  That's always worked out swimmingly.  /s

Back on topic, it always seems like stuff takes FOREVER to grow in these release threads....

Edited by Corteo

49 minutes ago, natli said:

Oooops... the color variation means I'll have to get 18 of the spotted ones to meet my scroll goals, instead of 6.

You're in better shape than me. I'll have to catch 30 for my scroll goals. 😵

18 for my goals too. 

What sites do you guys use for new releases? I try to stick just to valley sherwood for the first days, then kick in silvis nd aond

Don't worry, we'd just make them scroll locked to fix that issue.  /s

Back on topic, it always seems like stuff takes FOREVER to grow in these release threads....

Well if I could indulge the idea - you could dodge the "nightmare" aspect without sacrificing the gimmick by making a certain variant the most common for each area and make the other colors much rarer but not impossible to obtain on your own, that way color-trading is encouraged between players but it isn't the ONLY method to get them - encouraging trading without fully barring anyone from anything.

Edited by blockEdragon

17 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

18 for my goals too. 

What sites do you guys use for new releases? I try to stick just to valley sherwood for the first days, then kick in silvis nd aond

i use aond for the first few days, then stick them in silvis. If they have a lot of trouble hatching, i will put them in valley sherwood xD

OMG I am so impatient to see the adults!  Hurry up and grow up even though I love the hatchies lol

Definitely a surprise for me today in-cave! More draggos in one month = extra cool. Thanks!

You guys have better luck than me. Ended up with only three and all from the coast. I love these variations, don't get me wrong, but if the breed has different colors or locations then why not release that breed by itself to give everyone more room to meet their scroll goals? I won't catch any Alpine at this rate and I've been hunting since an hour after the release began. I'm not trying to complain in the least, and I hate doing so, it's just a lot to ask when you set a base goal of a male/female of each color, not realizing it has different colors until they're nearly impossible to grab for a number of reasons including older dragons filtering in so soon and the release happens out of the blue with little warning. We're not used to two releases in a month.

I really am sorry guys, I hate complaining. it's never fun when someone does, but these are issues that turn a fun game into an annoying chore.

I will say Spriters, as always you guys do a flawless job! I love the demon chickens and I don't know what the others will grow into, but I am excited to find out!

1 hour ago, Corteo said:

Don't worry, we'd just make them scroll locked to fix that issue.  That's always worked out swimmingly.  /s 

LOL. It would ruin the only good part of the concept, though: hunting while on vacation to achieve scroll completion. "Road trip to Vancouver, everyone!"

LOL @Corteo! I don't know why I find that idea so amusing. 

11 minutes ago, tjekan said:

LOL. It would ruin the only good part of the concept, though: hunting while on vacation to achieve scroll completion. "Road trip to Vancouver, everyone!"

Yeeessssss!! What a great excuse to travel to places you've never been! (Seriously that's probably the only way I'd travel to most places, if it meant getting different dragons...)

In regards to scroll goals, I'm in horrible shape here. If the three variants have different poses or are drastically different in terms of looks (moreso then the hatchlings currently are) I will need a total of 60. Because for some reason two years ago I thought 20 of each type was a wonderful idea! Thankfully my goals do not include lots of CBs so maybe that evens it out a little.

I'm playing the hatching game very carefully; only have my eggs on one hatchery, and I'm watching them carefully in case they suddenly blow up with views. A part of me wants to throw them onto a second hatchery, but we'll see if I feel impatient risky enough. 8')

I just noticed that TJ's eggs hatched!! The hatchies are so beautiful :wub:

Will have to wait and see as far as the possible "color/biome or..." is valid or not...

At this point the first user-owned hatchies are less than 12 hours off, I can't wait to see if colour  = biome :dry:

12 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

At this point the first user-owned hatchies are less than 12 hours off, I can't wait to see if colour  = biome :dry:

Yep me too! I sure hope so as that will make it a bit easier

2084640738_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.4afc2140ceb550df85fad1f4c4d4d2e7.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.8d27783209c6154e057978c7fa800e84.gif2105547191_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.dc5f613847dd9ec51ee17d9fc9c31754.gif

Thought some of you would like a nice gif of the Dot hatchies😉

2 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

2084640738_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.4afc2140ceb550df85fad1f4c4d4d2e7.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.8d27783209c6154e057978c7fa800e84.gif2105547191_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.dc5f613847dd9ec51ee17d9fc9c31754.gif

Thought some of you would like a nice gif of the Dot hatchies😉

With them posted like that, it reminds me of the lights on a Christmas tree set to rotate. I love it and it's given me an idea depending on their adult forms. I also plan to see which Holiday dragons they'll look best with. xD

Imagine if these are repurposed Halloween/Christmas dragons. That would be hilarious XD