TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Mine have yet to hatch, but I hope they're nice/cool. I have high hopes for the Pygmy. o.o

6 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

2084640738_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.4afc2140ceb550df85fad1f4c4d4d2e7.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.8d27783209c6154e057978c7fa800e84.gif2105547191_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.dc5f613847dd9ec51ee17d9fc9c31754.gif

Thought some of you would like a nice gif of the Dot hatchies😉

This is so cool! Can't wait to see them grow up!

I'm not sure if mine will be ready to hatch on time. Normally I don't mind, but I want to know about the colors.

Woooooo! Finally! I nabbed a Glowy from the Alpine! also fitting that it's code ends with "Wo" xD

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but at least now I have one of each color. I can be content with that for now. 

I know mine won't, as I was taken by surprise, so mine won't hatch until tomorrow morning as it was a Sunday, so naturally I slept later than I usually do.

34 minutes ago, dragondoodle said:

*stares at her eggies* I don't think I've ever been so impatient to find out what the hatchies are going to look like! Are they going to color by biome or was TJ giving us a sneaky hint by saying this drop was "to make up for lost time" and we've got another time color system on our hands? (I hope not but I'm not discounting the possibility) 🤨

Oh crap, I didn't even think about what TJ said possibly being a clue! He is pretty sneaky that way, it's totally possible he was hinting towards some time mechanic.... 

2 of my spotteds have stage-1 cracks now, and 1 of my pygmies does too! *bounces gently*

all my eggs now have small holes in them *watches eggs intently*

i love the name murder chicken for the pygmies :)

First two hatched spotteds are green from Coast.

I hadn't expected green to be from coast o.0 but that's 3 eggs from coast that have hatched green. Then again maybe it's time based...must see more hatchings! i still have about 45 minutes because i was late to the release

Edited by Sirithiliel

One of my forest hatchlings just hatched green. I really hope color isn't time-based, but I'm starting to think it is.

Ahh!! I really wish that I remembered to add my eggs to more hatcheries earlier like I eventually decided to! Good for y'all that are getting your hatchies, though. Hopefully we'll see soon whether they're time-based or biome-based (and honestly, hopefully it's the latter imo.)

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

One of my forest hatchlings just hatched green. I really hope color isn't time-based, but I'm starting to think it is.

drats, i hope it's not time based >.< that is such an annoying mechanic IMO

Edited by Sirithiliel

Depends on what kind of time mechanic it could be. Catch time or hatch time?

Just now, Whirlaway said:

Depends on what kind of time mechanic it could be. Catch time or hatch time?

regardless, it means that i potentially have 6 green CBs and 0 Blue or Purple, and have to find a way to get Blues and Purples -.- and if ALL of them are green from release, then that means there are a TON of green CBs that are going to be trading for Blues and Purples, which will be limited in number since most people catch at the start of a release when it's flooding and not later when commons are mixing in again....meaning there is going to be a severe lack of purples and blues, an over excess of greens, and people are going to be trading more than a 1:1 for blue / purple eggs, at times perhaps demanding they get prizes / metals in return for their treasured blue / purple egg -.-

i mostly just hate a mechanic that drives greed in trading, and makes something near impossible to get for the average user.A nd my pessimistic mind is already seeing rarity in terms of the blue and purples and a huge excess of greens that no one will want

well there goes my excitement for mine hatching, lol

so i'll hope for a breeding-based color change instead then. At least then I can get blues and purples without potentially coughing up an arm and a leg lol!

Edited by Sirithiliel

Woot! I have leetle purple pygmy hatchlings, plus a green spotted hatchling. Mine is from the alpine.

I only incubated one of my spotteds, so I could see what happened when others hatched theirs. I think I'll leave them that way. My fourth one has longer to go anyway as I caught it Sunday morning.

at least with gemshards you could tell after the first hour what it was, giving people time to get different colors during the flood

now they're not flooding and will be in even higher demand than the average new release