Jump to content
TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

Oh, no. All of these greens surfacing from different biomes. Say it ain't so.

 

I DID catch one egg later the following day after the release because I finally wasn't completely locked, so in the case that it IS time-based, I'll have one of a different color. But honestly there's gonna be a lot of greens if it's based on time, and what @Sirithiliel mentioned above (well, not above anymore because page changed and I took awhile to type :lol:) IS a concern for me.

I would've really loved it to have been biome-based, but at the same time, a dragon release is still a dragon release, and they're all absolutely gorgeous. Thank you again, TJ. :)

Edited by Toasttt

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

at least with gemshards you could tell after the first hour what it was, giving people time to get different colors during the flood

 

now they're not flooding and will be in even higher demand than the average new release

Also a little more difficult to figure out the time dynamic I imagine. This might take a while to sort out.

Share this post


Link to post

my first two both hatched green. forest and coast. i fear there's a timey wimey thing in play. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dragondoodle said:

Also a little more difficult to figure out the time dynamic I imagine. This might take a while to sort out.

 

that's what i'm worried about. I was able to get a gemshard of each color becuase it was found out real quick, but i have NEVER Seen one in cave since their release when i try to visit on hourly drops

 

if these are the same rarity, then there is a very good chance i am NEVER going to get a blue or purple without trading whatever stupidly high price people want for them, and i hate that. I don't have fancy 2nd gen prizes to trade away, or a large amount of BSA hatchlings all at once, or a super specific lineage or checker or 'perfect mate' that people ask for

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sirithiliel said:

 

that's what i'm worried about. I was able to get a gemshard of each color becuase it was found out real quick, but i have NEVER Seen one in cave since their release when i try to visit on hourly drops

 

if these are the same rarity, then there is a very good chance i am NEVER going to get a blue or purple without trading whatever stupidly high price people want for them, and i hate that. I don't have fancy 2nd gen prizes to trade away, or a large amount of BSA hatchlings all at once

I've been looking for z'codes and seen the spotty ones at nearly every drop (every 5 minute drop, I mean).

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I've been looking for z'codes and seen the spotty ones at nearly every drop (every 5 minute drop, I mean).

 

for now, but what about when all the eggs hatch, and hundreds of users suddenly need scroll-goals of blue and purple? how often will they be seen when so many people are, once again, snapping them up as quick as they can get? -.-

 

so yea, i'm disappointed and pessimistic. Because i've seen how this goes. I dont' find CB coppers, i dont' find CB gemshards. I have never, ever seen a CB gold or silver in the cave, no matter how much i haunt the hourly drops trying to get them. And if these are going to disappear from caves instantly like gemshards, then i'm not going to get them either

 

my ONLY way to get CB uncommons or rares is to get them when they flood at release. Because i know from experience i am NOT going to find them in cave, even if i haunt it all day, and nobody wants my spriter alt lineages or prize lineages because they're 'not 2nd gen'

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post

I've got to admit that I've been playing since December and never seen a gold or silver in the cave, and a copper only once or twice.  I do see gemshards from time to time.  I spend more time in the AP, though.  Still-can't think of the last time I saw a copper in the cave.

Share this post


Link to post

'Tis part of the game. Some things are rarer than others, or it wouldn't be any fun. Nothing would be a challenge.

 

Waiting anxiously for mine to hatch. :P

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I've got to admit that I've been playing since December and never seen a gold or silver in the cave, and a copper only once or twice.  I do see gemshards from time to time.  I spend more time in the AP, though.  Still-can't think of the last time I saw a copper in the cave.

 

i have been playing since 2012. And in all that time, the rarest thing i can get are Trios, and that's just because so many people have so many of them, they don't really care anymore apparently

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

'Tis part of the game. Some things are rarer than others, or it wouldn't be any fun. Nothing would be a challenge.

 

Waiting anxiously for mine to hatch. :P

 

i don't see the challenge in coughing up a dozen hatchies to get a single egg i was unlucky to get at flooding time. There's nothing challenging about trying to breed specific requests for people to get a single egg i can never find in the cave, and then find out they traded it away to someone who bred faster than i did or traded it to someone who had better and shorter lineages of prizes than i do

Edited by Sirithiliel

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I never see the trios, either.  Luckily for me, I'm not really all that into finding all the breeds.  I mostly collect z'codes and want to breed up high gen z's.  But I know that it's important to lots of folks, and I feel for them.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

regardless, it means that i potentially have 6 green CBs and 0 Blue or Purple, and have to find a way to get Blues and Purples -.- and if ALL of them are green from release, then that means there are a TON of green CBs that are going to be trading for Blues and Purples, which will be limited in number since most people catch at the start of a release when it's flooding and not later when commons are mixing in again....meaning there is going to be a severe lack of purples and blues, an over excess of greens, and people are going to be trading more than a 1:1 for blue / purple eggs, at times perhaps demanding they get prizes / metals in return for their treasured blue / purple egg -.-

 

i mostly just hate a mechanic that drives greed in trading, and makes something near impossible to get for the average user.A nd my pessimistic mind is already seeing rarity in terms of the blue and purples and a huge excess of greens that no one will want

I agree with this. 

It's why I don't breed my Lunars, firegems, and other time-based dragons often. They can be such a pain having to wait three hours or even a week before you can breed the color you need.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind time-based mechanics themselves, it's the *not knowing* that drives me nuts! Are they all hatching green because it's based on when they are laid and they were all picked up around the same time, or because it's based on when they *hatch* and they are all hatching at the same time? Is it like Lunars where only one color is available for a long period of time, or Fire Gems where it changes every hour, or Sun/Glories where it really is based on grabbing/hatching during night/day? That's the part that frustrates me to no end, getting a release like this and scrambling to figure out what the heck the mechanic IS. If I know the mechanic at least I can plan!

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, the new Dragons are time based? Ooof. >~< 

I'm not happy about that, cos it seems green is the most common. :"3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I agree with @Sirithiliel too. All 6 of my spotted hatchlings are green. A pair from each biome. I'm not sure when I'm going to find time to catch new eggs around work. Not knowing how the mechanic works doesn't help either; I might just end up with more green hatchlings. I thought I was safe when I beat the crowd for once at the initial flood. Nope lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't mind time-based mechanics themselves, it's the *not knowing* that drives me nuts! Are they all hatching green because it's based on when they are laid and they were all picked up around the same time, or because it's based on when they *hatch* and they are all hatching at the same time? Is it like Lunars where only one color is available for a long period of time, or Fire Gems where it changes every hour, or Sun/Glories where it really is based on grabbing/hatching during night/day? That's the part that frustrates me to no end, getting a release like this and scrambling to figure out what the heck the mechanic IS. If I know the mechanic at least I can plan!

yes, that's the thing that's driving me nuts too :D

i expect tj finds it very funny :rolleyes:

i'm consoling myself with the fact that green is my favourite colour, but i desperately want to know how to get some of those pretty blues and purples. 

Share this post


Link to post

i'm almost hoping for breed-based alt like Undine

 

but i work from home. i CAN haunt hourly drops every day. And that's why i KNOW i won't get uncommons or rares, because i DO hunt the cave at all times of the day when i have a lull in work, and i STILL never get anything decent. I do not know how people get cb golds, let alone MULTIPLES. Maybe they use a bot program, because when i hunt as much as i do and never seen a wink of anything rare, i find it hard to believe someone can get more than 1 in a week

 

but anyways, IF these are relatively common and time based, i should be able to get the others. It is if they're rare that i know i'll not get them, from said experience hunting the cave during hte day around work and never getting anything

Share this post


Link to post

Unique Breed Count is still glitched and not counting one of the two new breeds.

Share this post


Link to post

Now the question becomes, do I incubate and get them to hatch or wait to see what happens in another day. AAUGH. It's the curse of "early adoption" nobody knows at the moment and you have to wait for the more patient people to figure it out (I am not one of the patient people, I admit it XD)

Share this post


Link to post

Oof, just when I care to pick one pair from each biome...

 

I hope the other colors don't turn out nearly impossible to find like certain breeds. Anxiously waiting for mine to hatch

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't mind time-based mechanics themselves, it's the *not knowing* that drives me nuts! Are they all hatching green because it's based on when they are laid and they were all picked up around the same time, or because it's based on when they *hatch* and they are all hatching at the same time? Is it like Lunars where only one color is available for a long period of time, or Fire Gems where it changes every hour, or Sun/Glories where it really is based on grabbing/hatching during night/day? That's the part that frustrates me to no end, getting a release like this and scrambling to figure out what the heck the mechanic IS. If I know the mechanic at least I can plan!

I think this is one of the problems for me with time-based; if we knew how it worked already, it would probably be less frustrating. But I think the other problem is also that some people can't afford to be watching every minute looking for an egg that only shows up during an unknown time period, and honestly you can't even know what you'll turn up with until it hatches three days later.

On that note, I think that's the most troubling thing about this—if it's time-based upon pick-up, it'll take forever to find out what's the time-frame because we won't know until (at least) three days after you catch it. At this rate, I sincerely hope that IF it's time-based, it's time-based on the hatch time and not pick-up time.

 

10 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I thought I was safe when I beat the crowd for once at the initial flood. Nope lol.  

I know!! :lol: I thought I was doing so good because it didn't take me hours to get three of each kind of egg, from different biomes, too! Joke might just be on me, too.

Share this post


Link to post

I have three, one from each biome, I'm thinking about fogging two for now and waiting to see if people get different colors in an hour or two, or in the morning.... I'd rather wait if there is any chance I might be able to make them all three colors, if it's hatching-timed based.

 

6 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

but i work from home. i CAN haunt hourly drops every day. And that's why i KNOW i won't get uncommons or rares, because i DO hunt the cave at all times of the day when i have a lull in work, and i STILL never get anything decent. I do not know how people get cb golds, let alone MULTIPLES. Maybe they use a bot program, because when i hunt as much as i do and never seen a wink of anything rare, i find it hard to believe someone can get more than 1 in a week

 

It's a combination of a lot of factors, including fast internet, fast reflexes, and a lot of luck. While I've only seen a few CB Golds in my time, I've gotten pretty good at catching other rares like Dinos/Chickens/Trios/etc, and I certainly don't use a bot. I'm actively refreshing at least 5 hours a day, which I'm sure is part of it, plus I have a much faster browser then I used to, and I think my reflexes have gotten a little better now that I'm actually hunting the cave more. While it's true that bots are used in some cases, being able to catch rares certainly doesn't mean someone is using one. 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no, please don't be a time-based color mechanic on these spotty guys! Just incubated my spotty egg to see if it's green like everyone else's seems to be...

Share this post


Link to post

i guess i'll just check back tomorrow morning and see if anyone got different colors and have figured it out, then spend tomorrow cave-hunting if i have any free moments around work

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Unique Breed Count is still glitched and not counting one of the two new breeds.

 

I've made this known. It's not a huge issue so it may take some time for TJ to get to it.

Share this post


Link to post

One of mine hatched green. Waiting for the hour turn over to see if they're like firegems

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.