TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I will need 8 CBs of each for my scroll goals. :o Will probably take awhile, but not impossible. However,I am still working on my scroll goals for the Zyus after all this time! Just completed two of the colors last week and need at least one of each of the other 4 colors. It took me a long long time for Xenos and Coppers, too, but most other breeds have been pretty easy.

I only have one scroll goal--z'dragons!  So far I've gotten 3 z'pygmies and 1 z'spotty from the coast!  Not bad considering I still don't have a pair of the little red pygmies from a couple months ago!

I just hit 1,000 dragons finally because of this release! Too bad it won't give me the next trophy until they're all grown, I could have used that 8th slot!

I am loving the hatchlings so far though, I like all the different colors in the wings!

A second release? In the same month? It's more likely than you think.

This was a surprise and I'm having a bit of trouble with catching the ones with the colorful dots but I'll get there. :lol: The hatchlings look lovely, I can't wait to see the adults.

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I will need 8 CBs of each for my scroll goals. :o Will probably take awhile, but not impossible. However,I am still working on my scroll goals for the Zyus after all this time! Just completed two of the colors last week and need at least one of each of the other 4 colors. It took me a long long time for Xenos and Coppers, too, but most other breeds have been pretty easy.

It could be worse.  You could get 24 of everything (although I do have more of some breeds, but that is the minimum.)  That means 24 of each color too.  I have work to do!!!!

Wow, four breeds in one month. Such a surprise!

The first breed is very attracted by its diversity. If she has differences between the female and the male, it will be just awesome! 

ᴵᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵃⁱⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ

37 minutes ago, Cottoncat said:

A second release? In the same month? It's more likely than you think.

This was a surprise and I'm having a bit of trouble with catching the ones with the colorful dots but I'll get there. :lol: The hatchlings look lovely, I can't wait to see the adults.

8 minutes ago, Shvengal said:

Wow, four breeds in one month. Such a surprise!

The first breed is very attracted by its diversity. If she has differences between the female and the male, it will be just awesome! 

ᴵᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵃⁱⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵉᵛᵉⁿᵗ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ

But remember that we got no release at all in June. TJ apparently thought we were getting too used to the almost regular appearances and had to shake things up a bit. ;) 

Well after mine hatch all I need is 1 form the Coast and 1 from Alpine (spotted eggs) And I will have mine

@Corteo that gave me a good chuckle 😂

Although a Pokemon Go-esque breed where certain places got certain features or entirely different options would be cool, I'm sure it would go over terribly haha.

And now I'm trying to think what dragons would be found where, in terms of normal real-world locations... The sea serpents would of course be found around bodies of water which I'm guessing would include pools for convenience.... Hmm.

My scroll goals are really easy compared to other people’s... one dragon of each, sometimes a pair if I really like the species. But I’ve added all kinds of caveats like no abandoning, no killing, no attempting to create Vampires or Neglected dragons, no using any BSA that has a chance of death,- basically, I just wanna be a good dragon mama.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

And now I'm trying to think what dragons would be found where, in terms of normal real-world locations... The sea serpents would of course be found around bodies of water which I'm guessing would include pools for convenience.... Hmm.

It would probably be that the biomes would apply to irl biomes. In a forest? Get your forest dragons. At the ocean? There’s the coast. Of course, this means that volcano only dragons would be ridiculously hard to get in trades, and players living in Hawaii would have basically the ticket to any dragon they wanted provided they fork over what, a Guardian or Pyrovar? Doesn’t seem super fair. Especially considering they would have every biome minus alpine within a one day drive.

I don't normally comment (and I'm also pretty late oops) but these newly released dragons have really nice designs, especially how they seem to have a similar sort of firefly(?) theme between the two of them. I've been staring at these new dragons for awhile and its got me thinking, and this is just a theory, but what if these breeds have some sort of symbiotic relationship where they both benefit from each other? Or maybe a parasitic relationship? I can't think of any specific species that are connected like this yet.

I'm probably horribly wrong but its a fun idea.

I'm so tempted to earthquake my eggs just to see if I can get some slots faster... LOL I always feel like if they're big holes, they'll become a hatchie x)

8 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'm so tempted to earthquake my eggs just to see if I can get some slots faster... LOL I always feel like if they're big holes, they'll become a hatchie x)

Don't do it! It is not worth the risk...really! You might gain a few hours, but much more likely you will lose your eggs and have to start over.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Don't do it! It is not worth the risk...really! You might gain a few hours, but much more likely you will lose your eggs and have to start over.

I know, I know, I won't... I just really want some eggspace x) I'm used to catching from the AP. I've used up all my incubates, too, so I have to wait even longer. I was hatching/tossing them back about a week before the release just for fun, but now I wish I'd kept them. I think it's time to build up that red army again so I don't run into this issue next time.

I so can't wait to see these adults! And hopefully they are biome based, so much simpler that way

I haven't been on in a couple days, but as soon as I looked at the AP and I saw it was at ~4 days, I knew. Good thing I have all the egg slots!

Edited by sylviamaris

None of my new eggs have started to crack yet. I hope they'll start gaining views soon, because they're supposed to hatch in 4 hours.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your "murder chickens" - they were particularly fun to do. I'm excited because the four I grabbed are getting holes in them. :D Thanks for the nickname for them, by the way. It's making me chuckle.

I usually collect at least one pair of each variant, so I'm going to need at least two more spots. I currently have four murder chickens and four spots. I'll eventually collect a lot more murder chickens, of course. I always hoard my own breeds.

Omg this is driving me nuts. I currently have 10 'growing things'! 10, out of a possible 24! I am soooo not used to having all full-timed CBs on my scroll! 

My first eggs can hatch in three hours, though I doubt they'll actually hatch then since they don't even have stage-1 cracks yet. TJ's hatchlings have a whole day and a half left until we see adults, the wait is agonizing! lol

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your "murder chickens" - they were particularly fun to do. I'm excited because the four I grabbed are getting holes in them. :D Thanks for the nickname for them, by the way. It's making me chuckle.

I usually collect at least one pair of each variant, so I'm going to need at least two more spots. I currently have four murder chickens and four spots. I'll eventually collect a lot more murder chickens, of course. I always hoard my own breeds.

The S1 hatchies remind me of the Dodos from Ice Age! Prepare for the Ice Age!

*stares at her eggies* I don't think I've ever been so impatient to find out what the hatchies are going to look like! Are they going to color by biome or was TJ giving us a sneaky hint by saying this drop was "to make up for lost time" and we've got another time color system on our hands? (I hope not but I'm not discounting the possibility) 🤨

1 minute ago, Dalek Raptor said:

The S1 hatchies remind me of the Dodos from Ice Age! Prepare for the Ice Age!

I see why you say that. :)