Jump to content
TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

Apparently cleaning my desk didn't take up as much time as I'd hoped (waiting for a dragon to come off cooldown to dump it). Being used to hunting the AP like 80% of the time, being locked with 6 or 7 day eggs is so hard! On the upside, my desk looks much nicer. Didn't find what I was actually looking for though. 

 

I'm curious about the spotted's wings, maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but they look to have almost a glass-like texture, wonder if they are anything special/different or if it's just my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post

Liking these guys so far! The pygmies are like cute fat spoopy gremlinbirds with will o the wisp overtones, and the others are like glowy geckoes! Hope the adults continue to impress (and that the glowies have different poses)!

Share this post


Link to post

I really like their poses, I don't know how you guys aren't seeing it. Just some long limbs in their awkward teenage phase P: 

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't realize there was a new release, but I managed to get 6 eggs so far. Just need two more 'glowing in spots' eggs and I'm good.

Share this post


Link to post

I am so excited! I was convinced the next release would be at the end of August but just in case I kept alllllll my egg slots open, hahahaha

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you TJ, Thank you Spriters! New pygmy eggs, I'm so Happy!

 

Is there another Dino on the horizon? O_O XD

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm curious about the spotted's wings, maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but they look to have almost a glass-like texture, wonder if they are anything special/different or if it's just my eyes.

They look like glass to me too. The eggs are sorted between 'Si' and 'Sk', so 'stained glass' is out of the question.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Liking these guys so far! The pygmies are like cute fat spoopy gremlinbirds with will o the wisp overtones, and the others are like glowy geckoes! Hope the adults continue to impress (and that the glowies have different poses)!

 

Thank you for my 2nd pygmy name! I've now reserved 'Spoopy Gremlin Bird CB', hehe. 

 

(I'm not really here, I'm totally being productive and not constantly refreshing this thread to see new replies!)

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Thank you for my 2nd pygmy name! I've now reserved 'Spoopy Gremlin Bird CB', hehe. 

 

(I'm not really here, I'm totally being productive and not constantly refreshing this thread to see new replies!)

(Lol oh my gosh that's how I feel.)

I feel like there's less hype in this release, maybe because people weren't expecting it and don't know about it?

Also. Noob question; TJ's hatchies mean that the gem ones will have 1 adult each color, and pygmy will have m/f adult sprites?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

(Lol oh my gosh that's how I feel.)

I feel like there's less hype in this release, maybe because people weren't expecting it and don't know about it?

Also. Noob question; TJ's hatchies mean that the gem ones will have 1 adult each color, and pygmy will have m/f adult sprites?

 

Pretty much. Two eggs would be no dimorph, three is adult dimorph, four would be adult and hatchie dimorph, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, this thread does seem pretty slow for a first-day new release. Just did some comparing, the July 1st release thread was 30+ pages by this time, so was the birthday release thread. On the other hand, April's release only had 16 pages total, so... I guess it fluctuates. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just read the first four pages of the thread and wanted to let you guys know: there are the spotted ones in the Desert Biome as well, at least there are now. I don’t know if that will affect people’s theories on coloration? But I thought it might be helpful info... Sorry if someone else has already brought it up.

Edit: I just checked my egg, and it’s now changed to “Alpine” as its biome. I’m guessing that it was a mistake that I grabbed it from the Desert biome. (And no, I didn’t mix up the biomes. I am 100% sure I grabbed it from the Desert biome. 😅)

Edited by Anra7777

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Anra7777 said:

Just read the first four pages of the thread and wanted to let you guys know: there are the spotted ones in the Desert Biome as well, at least there are now. I don’t know if that will affect people’s theories on coloration? But I thought it might be helpful info... Sorry if someone else has already brought it up.

Are you sure of that? Even TJ's post doesn't say desert.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Anra7777 said:

Just read the first four pages of the thread and wanted to let you guys know: there are the spotted ones in the Desert Biome as well, at least there are now. I don’t know if that will affect people’s theories on coloration? But I thought it might be helpful info... Sorry if someone else has already brought it up.

Maybe it's a bug? First post doesn't mention anything about them being in the Desert.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Arkee said:

Maybe it's a bug? First post doesn't mention anything about them being in the Desert.

Yeah, I think it is. I edited my post a second ago, because I noticed that my egg had magically switched to Alpine as its biome. 😅

Share this post


Link to post

Unique Breed Count is still glitched...

Edited by Whirlaway

Share this post


Link to post

Is anyone else having more difficulty finding the spotted ones in the forest?

EDIT: And just as I make this post I catch one, hahaha

Edited by Crystals

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else notice that the pygmy's hatchling description says, "It must be nearly mature" while for every other dragons, it says, "It must be close to maturing"?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tomato_Juice said:

Anyone else notice that the pygmy's hatchling description says, "It must be nearly mature" while for every other dragons, it says, "It must be close to maturing"?

I noticed this right away.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tomato_Juice said:

Anyone else notice that the pygmy's hatchling description says, "It must be nearly mature" while for every other dragons, it says, "It must be close to maturing"?

 

I caught that subconsciously, but it never crossed my mind that it was different.

Share this post


Link to post

Got to get those ‘special dragon’ points in.

Share this post


Link to post

Cute hatchling! :D I can't wait to see them mature. The pygmy is adorable. 

Share this post


Link to post

Is the dragon with 3 different colours random or does it depend on which biome you caught it in?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Is the dragon with 3 different colours random or does it depend on which biome you caught it in?

 

We don't know for sure yet, but colour by biome is a possibility. :)

Edited by walkinslow

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.