TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Miraculously dropped a pygmie and an alpine and got two forest glows out of it.

So I'm guessing: Purple Mountain Majesties

The Deep Blue Sea

and

Forest Green…

awesome, wasn't expecting a release but i'd just cleared out my egg slots! it's good to see that this place is still lively and actively putting out new dragons - i'm coming back from a hiatus.

Oh gosh, the first winged hatchie look so pretty!!

even if i still don't know what its near front leg is doing...

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

I think that spotted hatchie sits like a dog or something. It doesn't bother me.

2 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

and  now everything is dropping

what happened to a 24 hour drop  s that those of us in this hemisphere have a chance to get one?

and why not drop a three color dragon by itself???

seriously not having much fun anymore

We haven't had a 24 hour flood in *years*, in fact I can only remember there *ever* being one release where there was a full 24-hour flood. The past year or so old eggs usually start mixing in around the 8-10 hour mark. While I agree it would be nice if the flood would last maybe 12 hours, I very much doubt it would ever reach 24 hours again.

Oh! While I was at church TJ's spotted ones got their correct colors! Very pretty.

Edited by HeatherMarie
typo

The spotted hatchie's position reminds me of an artistically exaggerated frog.

A bit awkward but he's a growing boy with a lot of leggy, it's gotta fit together somehow. The most leggy animal I can think of - a maned wolf - doesn't sit on its haunches like that, rather it seems to sit on its hip, so it's rather hard to say how I would imagine such a lanky animal sitting, were it to sit on its haunches square. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Discord is, I believe, a chat place. DC has an unofficial, but often-used, chat place there. Spriters don't normally post new release info here until after TJ's have grown.

Thank you, never heard of it. Well, occasionally, either TJ or the spriters post here if there is a glitch. But it seems to be fixed now. :)

Ah, so the colours are determined by Biome! That was my second guess : )

I just hope I influenced mine right. If not I need more of them.

6 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

A bit awkward but he's a growing boy with a lot of leggy, it's gotta fit together somehow. The most leggy animal I can think of - a maned wolf - doesn't sit on its haunches like that, rather it seems to sit on its hip, so it's rather hard to say how I would imagine such a lanky animal sitting, were it to sit on its haunches square. 

Woah, had to look up images of a maned wolf, those are some legs! ..... And now I want to name one of my new guys something wolf-y. lol

3 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

Ah, so the colours are determined by Biome! That was my second guess : )

I don't think that's been confirmed, or can be until players start getting some hatchlings.

24 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Me too. I just wish I could figure out whether I like them or not. The colors are nice though.

ETA: purples remind me of gargoyles.

Edited by Jazeki

THE purple hatchling is my life?? such a vicious chicken i love it so much. 

I actually snagged the name Vicious Chicken i am so happy rn. 

4 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I have owned and raised many a great dane puppy over my lifetime. They do a lot of hip sitting as they learn how to maneuver their rapidly growing frames. You should see the crazy ways they can contort those gangly, awkward limbs lol..grace does not come to them until much later in life....if ever at all. 😂

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read your reply. 

Baby animals of most species tend to go through some terribly awkward phases before maturing into beautiful adults. I'm not going to judge a thing, I'm betting these guys turn out to be stunners! I'm definitely intrigued. 

9 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I think it’s because we missed a June release, not because of the gusties.

Though I hope we get those very soon. :P 

Oh, the way the first post was worded made me think that! Maybe not, I don't know. And I thought it was normal to skip June due to May Birthday release being big and at the end of the month. 😅

Edited by Wildcat

First pygmy with wings! OMG . . . I can't wait until I'm not egglocked so I can snag more pygmies! They're fantastic! 💖

4 minutes ago, seeyounext2sday said:

I have owned and raised many a great dane puppy over my lifetime. They do a lot of hip sitting as they learn how to maneuver their rapidly growing frames. You should see the crazy ways they can contort those gangly, awkward limbs lol..grace does not come to them until much later in life....if ever at all. 😂

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read your reply. 

Baby animals of most species tend to go through some terribly awkward phases before maturing into beautiful adults. I'm not going to judge a thing, I'm betting these guys turn out to be stunners! I'm definitely intrigued. 

Dogs in general can sit in quite some awkward and seemingly uncomfortable ways.  Certainly mine do.  My favorite is the tense laying down where Merry will be laying like a sphinx, but instead has her hind feet gathered underneath her to the point they are touching. 

Why does the pygmy's stage two description say "It must be nearly mature" instead of the usual "It must be close to maturing"? Just seems slightly odd, lol.

Edited by Whirlaway

I'm refreshing the biomes every so often just to see how these guys are dropping now, but maybe I shouldn't do that, almost reflex-grabbed another new guy! Only have 1 open slot and trying to use it to hunt the AP... 

Omg that pygmy hatchie! It looks even more ferocious now! The head is a bit hard for me to make out what's what, but goodness that little girl looks mad!

Augh I need so many slots. The anxiety is growing inside me. NEED MORE NEW EGGIES

The only development I can make out on the purple chicken is that it's gotten angrier. Who poked it?!

For real though, I can't wait to see these guys as adults! Both the lanky boys and the murder chickens.

7 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Nope, it's usually at the end of the month. The early July release was an exception, but then again there was no release in June. All in all TJ doesn't want to promise any schedule so people don't get mad when it doesn't happen when they expect it.

Ah, okay. I knew I had to be missing something. Thanks for that. ^_^; I knew I was too tired to think straight last night, lol

I need some purple pretties from the Alpine. I think I grabbed some from the Forest and Coast, but not as many as I should have grabbed last night.