TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have three, one from each biome, I'm thinking about fogging two for now and waiting to see if people get different colors in an hour or two, or in the morning.... I'd rather wait if there is any chance I might be able to make them all three colors, if it's hatching-timed based.

Strongly considering this, too. I have 4 eggs, 2 starting to crack, so I might wait until the cracking eggs get a little further, then fog three of them. Let the lone one hatch, see the color, unfog one tomorrow morning, and so on.

Also, to those who have already hatched all of their eggs, whether this is catch time-based or hatch time-based, I feel for you guys. :(

At least for Firegems you know what color they are right off the bat... Do we *have* any time based dragons with the same egg sprite? Luminas, Lunar Heralds, Firegems... even randos like Ridgewings have different egg sprites.

There's NO way to tell with these guys and I'm going to be super miffed if they turn out to be time based simply because there's no way to tell the eggs apart.

Edited by Alrexwolf
WRONG BREED jeez

3 minutes ago, Kaini said:

I've made this known. It's not a huge issue so it may take some time for TJ to get to it.

Thanks for letting it be known. I know it's not a big issue, but I know I'm not the only one with the glitch so I did want to bring it up again.

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

At least for Firegems you know what color they are right off the bat... Do we *have* any time based dragons with the same egg sprite? Luminas, Lunar Heralds, Firegems... even randos like Ridgewings have different egg sprites.

There's NO way to tell with these guys and I'm going to be super miffed if they turn out to be time based simply because there's no way to tell the eggs apart.

off hand, the only thing i can think of is the Dusk and Dayglory Drakes. 

Green here too for this hour. 

Not much hope on the spriter clearing up how these work, considering they did the Dark Lumina... Hopefully it will be figured out soon...

Edited by Whirlaway

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

Maybe they will be bred-only and we can all relax lol

I'm hoping that to be the case, haha

I decided to stay up a little later to catch new eggs. I now have 1 from each biome. Complaining really does help I guess? Anyway, I think I'm going to keep them fogged until the big color mystery is figured out. As pretty as the green hatchling is, I don't want more. 

4 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Maybe they will be bred-only and we can all relax lol

I would love this tbh. So much easier then time-based! And in general I like breed-only variants, it's fun.

Incubated one of my three (the one from forest) . . . came out green. Going to wait until tomorrow to see what happens with the second one and if it's time hatch or time caught or breed related. Going to catch another pygmy in the meantime. XD

Oh, since they're not biome-based I am thinking of new ways for colour to be affected... what if CB = green, 2nd gen = blue, 3rd gen = purple or something.

Just now, Mangrit said:

Oh, since they're not biome-based I am thinking of new ways for colour to be affected... what if CB = green, 2nd gen = blue, 3rd gen = purple or something.

Ohh . . . that would be an interesting way of doing it. Certainly could get some cool lineages that way and we haven't seen that before.

I hope you can get the other colors via breeding and they're not locked by some unknown mechanic. If they're like Gemshards and you can get any color from eggs regardless, I'll be much happier about only being able to snag one during the flood.

The murder chicken (saw someone use this term in the trading hub!) pygmies make me happy! They look awesome. I hope they keep looking awesome as adults! :3 

At last! An open egg slot! *Runs around the room screaming*

Unceremoniously, it's a green. Regardless I have the other near-hatched egg fogged, so tomorrow morning I will probably unfog and hatch it. Two of my pygmies are almost hatched, so excited for that as well since yay, more egg slots!

12 minutes ago, Ribombee said:

The murder chicken (saw someone use this term in the trading hub!) pygmies make me happy! They look awesome. I hope they keep looking awesome as adults! :3 

I LOVE that. :lol: Murder chickens! Beware!

edit: and right as I post this, my murder chickens hatch one after the other. Huzzah!

Edited by Toasttt

I'd honestly like these better if they were like Spinels, and only toss Alts. depending on the mate. That'd be amazing, I have a very pretty Alt. Spinel Lineage going on, Its only Spinels x Pyralspites. *^*

Mine hatched green. Just grabbed a fresh one from Coast, hoping it won't be green when it hatches in three days... Hopefully by then, whatever mechanic these guys have will be revealed.

9 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

Mine hatched green. Just grabbed a fresh one from Coast, hoping it won't be green when it hatches in three days... Hopefully by then, whatever mechanic these guys have will be revealed.

I did the same, caught a fresh egg and hoping the mechanic will be figured out by the time it's ready to hatch. (Although if it turns out to be based on the time laid/grabbed, I should've picked one up in the morning instead....)

Not to be that guy, but people screaming "wE'lL nEvEr SeE cBs Of ThEsE aGaIn" and "i'll have to catch [insert rare] to trade for them!! unfair!!!" need to calm down.

Remember the Truffles? The dragons everyone was worried would be rares because the drops thinned out early, and then the adult description fuelled that fire? Yeah they were a little hard to get at first if you missed the flood. Yeah I traded them for some pretty valuable things (~high uncommons) even two weeks after release.

But guess what? People were also giving them away free or trading them a bundle of four for a CB hatchie or valuing them as commons. They cost 100 shards on the market. A couple days ago I saw them just sitting around in biomes after 5min drops because no one was taking them.

Be patient. Or don't, and stalk the cave to catch them or trade for them for the price most popular new releases go for right after they're released anyway.

@Crowned_Ladybug

That's true, I got three of each new July drop, and they're not *as* rare as we all originally thought. I actually see them more often then not when I'm "Biome Lurking", its annoying lol

21 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

Not to be that guy, but people screaming "wE'lL nEvEr SeE cBs Of ThEsE aGaIn" and "i'll have to catch [insert rare] to trade for them!! unfair!!!" need to calm down.

Remember the Truffles? The dragons everyone was worried would be rares because the drops thinned out early, and then the adult description fuelled that fire? Yeah they were a little hard to get at first if you missed the flood. Yeah I traded them for some pretty valuable things (~high uncommons) even two weeks after release.

But guess what? People were also giving them away free or trading them a bundle of four for a CB hatchie or valuing them as commons. They cost 100 shards on the market. A couple days ago I saw them just sitting around in biomes after 5min drops because no one was taking them.

Be patient. Or don't, and stalk the cave to catch them or trade for them for the price most popular new releases go for right after they're released anyway.

and remember the firegems? and the gemshards? and the coppers? and the Xenowyrms? Zyumorphs? Multi-varient dragons that are still hard to get for those that missed the flood? 

i've seen my fair share of drops that turn out to be impossible for the average non-well connected user to get after their drop. So no, i'm not going to 'calm down' lol. I'm ALLOWED to be annoyed about a release having unknown mechanics that potentially will remove this dragon from the average user's ability to get.

just because one dragon breed turned out to be common does NOT mean these are going to be. Multi-varient dragons tend to be harder to find, even if they're common. Make them uncommon and rare, and they're going to be a nightmare to get

so...no. I respect your opinion, but no. I won't 'calm down'. It helps to vent my frustration about these things.

Having a mystery mechanic after the flood is over that might potentially make these unknown-rarity dragons hard to get is a nightmare for me, and for others. FIregems, you could see they changed by the hour, and adapt. Gemshards, coppers, xenos, were all in different biomes. But these? we have no way of knowing. 

(and also, variants are NOT in the market. So there is no buying these from the market )

Edited by Sirithiliel

1 hour ago, Alrexwolf said:

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

off hand, the only thing i can think of is the Dusk and Dayglory Drakes. 

Don't forget the Sunrise and Sunset.