TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I am loving that little purple chicken pygmy! Doesn't look scary to me. I am very anxious to see the adults!

The spotted ones are very pretty. I like that their wings pick up the underbelly color. I hope their coloration doesn't change when they grow up, because I like that they have more of the dark brownish color than the brighter shades. Also wishing we could see the adults sooner!

I have four of the spotted eggs -- one each from forest and alpine and two from coast. I will try to grab one more from forest and alpine as soon as I get space for them. Then I will wait to see if the color is determined by biome before grabbing any more. I have two of the pygmies, but they seem to be easier to see, so I hope they will still be easy to catch when my first round hatches! 

You're the only one who doesn't find it scary, it seems ^^ Little fat purple murder chicken to me. Very good sprites though, aside from the fact that I don't see how the adult could possibly be any bigger without starting to question pygmy status....

Edited by Aalbiel

It's definitely a murder chicken, lol. I have reserved a similar name for one of mine. 

Ohhhhh the spotteds are getting wings! So pretty. Love the colors.

The green S2 spotted is my favorite of the three colors.

The pygmies remind me of the Dodos from Ice Age LOL

Also managed to reserve two fitting names for my pair of angry chicken :D I'm very happy with that

The blue was my favourite of the spotties as s1, but now that they've grown wings I once again can't decide. They're too pretty! Such nice colours!

1 hour ago, dragondoodle said:

First pygmy with wings! OMG . . . I can't wait until I'm not egglocked so I can snag more pygmies! They're fantastic! 💖

WHAT ? Loads of  pygmies have wings...

Flying Purple People Eater? It is rather large already. Pumpkins are rather big also.

Edited by Zylara

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WHAT ? Loads of  pygmies have wings...

Sorry . . . meant that the first little one had sprouted wings and I was excited XD

The warm neutral+cool colors color scheme on the spotty one is very soothing.

17 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

This egg seems to be glowing in spots. Located in Alpine, Coast and Forest. Sorts between Sinomorph and Skywing. This egg can be bitten.

This tiny glowing egg tempts you to follow its light. Located in Forest and Jungle. Sorts between Purple and Pyralsprite.

@The Dragoness

I reserved the name murder chicken for one of the pygmies(I was surprised it wasn't taken).  The name is just too cute.  I may reserve it for a frozen hatchling if it looses the look as an adult.

Edited by Nectaris

9 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

I reserved the name murder chicken for one of the pygmies(I was surprised it wasn't taken).  The name is just too cute.  I may reserve it for a frozen hatchling if it looses the look as an adult.

I'm surprised nobody took that before, but kudos!

14 minutes ago, TCA said:

The warm neutral+cool colors color scheme on the spotty one is very soothing.

I agree! I'm really hoping the adults keep those soothing tones, so pretty.

S2 pygmy hatchling has such a mean expression! I'm in love ❤️

Edited by scalesofgrey

ok I have bad eyes how many colors does the big one have and which color goes to which biome?

9 minutes ago, Merlot said:

ok I have bad eyes how many colors does the big one have and which color goes to which biome?

3 colors, not sure what color from what biome yet because TJ's aren't from biomes and no one else has hatchies yet.

8 minutes ago, Merlot said:

There are 3 colors -- purple, blue, and green, although the purple and blue are hard to tell apart for me -- but until some of the players' eggs hatch any idea about which color goes with what biome is only speculation.

12 minutes ago, Merlot said:

In addition what they have said, there is no guarantee that it is going to be by biome.  We don't know how to get the different colors at this time.

Edited by Nectaris

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:
20 minutes ago, Merlot said:

3 colors, not sure what color from what biome yet because TJ's aren't from biomes and no one else has hatchies yet.

lol did not think of that   Thanks

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:
21 minutes ago, Merlot said:

There are 3 colors -- purple, blue, and green, although the purple and blue are hard to tell apart for me -- but until some of the players' eggs hatch any idea about which color goes with what biome is only speculation.

lol I saw 6 dragons but looked 2 colors so I can agree I hope they look more different when they grow up  Thanks

10 minutes ago, Nectaris said:
22 minutes ago, Merlot said:

In addition what they have said, there is no guarantee that it is going to be by biome.  We don't know how to get the different colors at this time.

lol That's a bit scary. You would think 1 color per biome but I can only hope that's true   Thanks

2 hours ago, wbmorgan said:

The pygmies remind me of the Dodos from Ice Age LOL

YES!!! Me too! 

I'm so excited to see the adults, I really love both of these. I agree that pygmy is getting biiig though