TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just now, pegasi1978 said:

Don't forget the Sunrise and Sunset.

true, but with both the drakes and the surnise/sunset, it's only 2 variants...day and night. So with 3, i am not sure that is how these work

Eventually *most* breeds do become easier to get, though, even if they are rare-ish for awhile after their release... Coppers, for instance, are nowhere near as hard to get now as they were the few months following their release. I've had trouble trading CB Coppers for messies, they really don't seem to be too rare anymore. Same with most of the Xenowyrm variants. Of course it's frustrating to not know the mechanic or the rarity of new breeds, but it's really too early to decide either way. Too early to be panicking *and* too early to assume they will be easy to get later. For now they are plenty common enough, but no one knows whether that will change or not, and trying to predict that right now isn't going to be very accurate.

lol i wish i could find those trades, i don't see those. 

But anyways, i hope we figure it out and it's not another nightmare mechanic. I don't see the appeal of such complex things myself. It's annoying enough trying to get the right Nebula color (darn you, it's always orange...) or remember the phase of the moon or when i caught X egg

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

true, but with both the drakes and the surnise/sunset, it's only 2 variants...day and night. So with 3, i am not sure that is how these work

It could be they change color every 8 hours, as 3 times 8 equals 24.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Eventually *most* breeds do become easier to get, though, even if they are rare-ish for awhile after their release... Coppers, for instance, are nowhere near as hard to get now as they were the few months following their release. I've had trouble trading CB Coppers for messies, they really don't seem to be too rare anymore. Same with most of the Xenowyrm variants. Of course it's frustrating to not know the mechanic or the rarity of new breeds, but it's really too early to decide either way. Too early to be panicking *and* too early to assume they will be easy to get later. For now they are plenty common enough, but no one knows whether that will change or not, and trying to predict that right now isn't going to be very accurate.

You worded this very well. I appreciate the further logical reasoning.

And for the record, I wasn't saying that these will surely be dirt common. I was saying that you have no way of telling clutching your 2-day-old fresh release eggs, and that people have freaked out over commons before. (And I know most alting dragons aren't on the market. I was further illustrating how common Truffles are.) It's also way too early to understand their alting and our data pool is tiny and lopsided. But I'm excited to figure it out!

I'd love for them to be breeding based though. Neutral element dragon, produces different alt bred to different element groups maybe?

Eughhh. Glitch, maybe, hopefully? The dumb dark Lumina breeding mechanics are so obtuse, I really hope it’s not a repeat of that. Luminas are one of my favorite breeds, but working with them has been nothing but annoyance since dark Luminas barged in. Couldn’t they at least have been SKEWED towards breeding true... xc

Also hope they aren’t breed only, breed only is pooty. Had so many plans for yellow undine and green spinel lineages that died in the egg.

(...mm, sorry for being negative so early on, but DC has a history of implementing frustrating mechanics that don’t mesh well with the pick up and go play style most use DC as. I work full time, there’s a fine line between an intriguing mechanic and an irritating one, especially where loss of time is concerned x__x)

7 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

It could be they change color every 8 hours, as 3 times 8 equals 24.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea! I wouldn't have thought of that. 

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Eughhh. Glitch, maybe, hopefully? The dumb dark Lumina breeding mechanics are so obtuse, I really hope it’s not a repeat of that. Luminas are one of my favorite breeds, but working with them has been nothing but annoyance since dark Luminas barged in. Couldn’t they at least have been SKEWED towards breeding true... xc

I *still* don't have the slightest clue how Dark Lumina breeding works. I tried to follow that thread about it for awhile and then just gave up. Thankfully I found all the Dark Luminas I needed in the AP relatively easily, but I still have no idea how to actually breed one.

23 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

(and also, variants are NOT in the market. So there is no buying these from the market )

Wrong. These WILL be in the market. Because they share the same egg. Nebulae and Gemshards are proof of this. And Dorsals & Ridgewings alao have variants in the Market. You randomly get Purple or Red/Purple or Tan when buying one.

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

(...mm, sorry for being negative so early on, but DC has a history of implementing frustrating mechanics that don’t mesh well with the pick up and go play style most use DC as. I work full time, there’s a fine line between an intriguing mechanic and an irritating one, especially where loss of time is concerned x__x)

^ This. This is why i am annoyed and not spewing out glowing compliments about everything. For two reasons:

1. Dragons with variants tend to be snapped up fast and hard to trade for. You might think coppers and Xenos are easy to get, but *I* still have trouble getting them, and many others do too. I've not found a 'trade messies for cb copper' trade before, i'd be delighted to see such a thing. That's an exception to the usual rule of how those alternate varieties trade in my experience

2. Complex breeding / cave collecting mechanics are a head ache to deal with, especially for those of us that have jobs and families. I don't breed luminas anymore, they're too much work to do lineages with. 

so i'm sorry for being negative, but i've seen enough of both of the above two points to be annoyed when i see them. As i mentioned earlier in this thread, the only way i get CB rares or uncommons is if i get them at Flood when they first drop, and these mystery breeds are potentially cave CBs that i might never find now, if they're copper or xeno rarity

and i can't vent about it anywhere else, so i'm going to vent about it HERE. Becuase that's what a new release thread is for. Feedback and discussion

1 minute ago, Quetzals said:

Wrong. These WILL be in the market. Because they share the same egg. Nebulae and Gemshards are proof of this. And Dorsals & Ridgewings alao have variants in the Market. You randomly get Purple or Red/Purple or Tan when buying one.

pretty sure it was said opposite, you do not get variants off the market. At least that is what i remembered reading *Shrug. But hooray, depending on rarity, you might get a utterly random color for all of your saved up points .....and get your 20th green one. It's okay though =P another 4 months to a year of saving up and you can try again

Edited by Sirithiliel

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

pretty sure it was said opposite, you do not get variants off the market. At least that is what i remembered reading *Shrug. But hooray, depending on rarity, you might get a utterly random color for all of your saved up points .....and get your 20th green one. 

Apparently Dorsals and Ridgewings are exceptions (pretty unfair if you ask me)

Wow, salty. For all we know these will be worth 100 shards in the Market (if available). Calm down. (Edit: not you Quetzals ^^)

Edited by Aalbiel

2 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Wow, salty. For all we know these will be worth 100 shards in the Market (if available). Calm down.

Nope. No salt here. You must be in the wrong thread

I'm Going to continue to talk about my opinions on the matter in a calm and civil manner.  For all we know they're going to be 1000 shards on the market, or not available at all.

for all you people telling me to 'calm down', have i ONCE swore, cursed, called someone names, or otherwise indicated i was flying off the handle angry? No. I'm Annoyed. I'm allowed to be annoyed, so stop telling me to calm down lol

i am going to discuss my opinions in this feedback thread. If you want glowing compliments only, then just ignore me and read those ones only

Edited by Sirithiliel

I only hope they are as simple as color changing every 8 hours of hatch time.

I'm with Sirithiliel on the frustration when it comes to dragons with variations. If I don't catch them during initial flooding I don't catch them for a long time - if ever. I'm only now getting the last CB adult Pyralsprite I want for my scroll goals (4 per color variation) and how long have they been out? Don't get me started on coppers or zyumorphs.

2 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

I only hope they are as simple as color changing every 8 hours of hatch time.

I'm with Sirithiliel on the frustration when it comes to dragons with variations. If I don't catch them during initial flooding I don't catch them for a long time - if ever. I'm only now getting the last CB adult Pyralsprite I want for my scroll goals (4 per color variation) and how long have they been out? Don't get me started on coppers or zyumorphs.

i guess for people that can easily catch cb rares and uncommons in the cave, they don't understand our frustration. Or maybe they're hte lucky handful with CB prizes that can trade for anything they want, no matter the rarity

and we're also apparently not allowed to voice our misgivings about another mystery mechanic involving a multi-variant dragon =P sunshine and rainbows and compliments only

Edited by Sirithiliel

Did anyone even see CBs of other colors except TJ's? Maybe these work like Spinels - breed Green ones with a dragon of another element, like Water or Ice.

Since there are several colors I think most people got more of the glowing egg(to try for every color!) so that could be why they are not as easy to get as the pygmy^^

It is a little bit too soon to speculate about rarity I think... I don’t think they are too rare I see them regularly in the cave, but not every dragon can be common you know- that wouldn’t be fun either! Variety!

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i guess for people that can easily catch cb rares and uncommons in the cave, they don't understand our frustration. Or maybe they're hte lucky handful with CB prizes that can trade for anything they want, no matter the rarity

and we're also apparently not allowed to voice our misgivings about another mystery mechanic involving a multi-variant dragon =P sunshine and rainbows and compliments only

Having a Prize opens some doors, yes, but lately I've personally been having a hard time :P It's a very complicated subject if you ask me...

Considering my play style I prefer hunting for rare stuff myself, and I'm not a very good catcher xD so I completely understand how difficult and tiring could be hunting for variants.

13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i totally understand your frustration. i certainly don't find green coppers or chronos or gaias easy to catch, let alone silvers or golds. in six years i never managed to catch a gold, partly because i never even saw them. i have slow internet. if i was lucky, i'd catch a silver once a year, even though i was spending hours hunting. now i have a prize, so can trade for silvers and golds, lucky me, but it doesn't mean i don't understand what it's like to see rares as frustratingly unobtainable. i don't understand how people can offer multiple golds and silvers. i used to breed multiple bsa hatchies to get silvers and green coppers, and a slow and tedious business it was. 

Edited by greycat

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea! I wouldn't have thought of that. 

I *still* don't have the slightest clue how Dark Lumina breeding works. I tried to follow that thread about it for awhile and then just gave up. Thankfully I found all the Dark Luminas I needed in the AP relatively easily, but I still have no idea how to actually breed one.

If I remember it’s based on the phase of the blue moon; the newer it is the more darks there are and vice versa, I think. But it’s also dependent on ratios, so even if you’re breeding in the half a month where the odds are in your favor you tend to get darks. 😕

Honestly, I hate most special mechanics, especially ones like the Dark Lumina. And why? ‘Every new dragon has to be more special or more unique than the next’? Hopefully we can get CBs if the blue and purple. I honestly don’t care about anything but CB dragon.

By the way, it would be interesting if these dragons change colors every 8 hours or something like that. If that's the case I suppose no matter how many eggs you have they all would hatch the same color, but only if they hatch about the same time...

I wish there was a thumbs up button around here, so many comments I really like ^^

So, the new Dragons alts. are still unknown? Thats strange. 😕

Woo, interesting! I don't really care about which ever mechanic turns out to be the right one, it's exciting nevertheless! I actually like this figuring out-part, it's like a small puzzle, but I still totally get the frustration of not possibly being able to collect them all. I'm fairly good at hunting and catching, but like many others, I don't really have the time to sit and refresh for hours on end, meaning I've never even seen a Gold, but with some dumb luck I've caught a few Silvers. It's a good thing that there are alternative methods for getting these rares though, such as the Market (which just takes forever to save all those shards), trading (which can be super tedious if you have no rares to offer for a rare, which is the reason I've never done it) or forum raffles/gifting (I won my only CB Gold from a raffle!). All in all, valid points from both sides of this discussion and I like to see that it has stayed very civilized and friendly. 

One hour till my spots grow up, can't wait to try find some more!

Yes, saying you're going to have to save up shards for a YEAR to get a spot in Market is definitely staying calm, and not at all dramatising :rolleyes: 

In the meantime my own Spot hatched rn, it's also green (Coast, not that that matters). I hope it's a breeding-based mechanic, I'm not super fond of time-based mechanics myself.