JavaTigress

Suggestions for Sweets

1 minute ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I'm assuming for good reasons.

It was. There was a lot of drama back then on the forums about people losing their eggs (I was one of them, I remember, asking what happened to my eggs when I lost mine). TJ saw this and was trying to figure out what to do for us who had lost our eggs. I don't know what happened after that, but I found that I had two new Sweetling Eggs on my scroll (that I hadn't caught, mind you), and it was only when they hatched that I found out that they were alts and didn't know why.

1 minute ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Same. At this point, whatever has happened, has happened. I just think that if one portion of users are permitted to own both sprites, everyone should. 

we never asked for that. I think although some of us relish the opportunity, a good number of us would sooner see it revert.

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

we never asked for that. I think although some of us relish the opportunity, a good number of us would sooner see it revert.

I understand. But imo if TJ feels like some kind of change must be made, why not level the playing field?

Ey, this thread got so derailed again.

@Cassie_Fenix While that's all said and good, nothing in your post is addressing the actual problem we're talking about here.

I (while I cannot speak for others), am not accusing alt owners of using them as cash cows, or being entitled, or anything of the sort. I am saying what TJ did was extremely short-sighted, and that if Alt owners are going to be able to get both sprites, why must we, those not lucky enough to be a victim of circumstance, still only get one?

And why would you rather see Pinks get taken away from alt owners, than see everyone get both?

2 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

Same. At this point, whatever has happened, has happened. I just think that if one portion of users are permitted to own both sprites, everyone should. 

Some of us do cherish this chance to own both versions, but with how much of a stink this is raising, I might just release mine, even though I got two as swaps.

Like Starscream said, while most of us are relish this opportunity to get Pinks, many of us are just wishing it'd go back to the way it was. I know that won't please people like you who think they should be given to everyone, but if I'd known all of this was going to be going down in the later years, I'd have asked TJ to revert my Alts back to normals.

I've been having fun on this site for almost ten years now (will be when October has come up this year), and every year since that event, I've disliked Valentine's a little bit more year after year knowing that the drama is going to start again... When I should be enjoying what is just a fun game.

4 minutes ago, OMGitsKairi said:

I understand. But imo if TJ feels like some kind of change must be made, why not level the playing field?

I think it may be based on the original wishes of the spriter involved - if they said anything indicating not permitting a wide release, then he may have to stick with that unless they change their mind.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Ey, this thread got so derailed again.

@Cassie_Fenix While that's all said and good, nothing in your post is addressing the actual problem we're talking about here.

I (while I cannot speak for others), am not accusing alt owners of using them as cash cows, or being entitled, or anything of the sort. I am saying what TJ did was extremely short-sighted, and that if Alt owners are going to be able to get both sprites, why must we, those not lucky enough to be a victim of circumstance, still only get one?

And why would you rather see Pinks get taken away from alt owners, than see everyone get both?

Because, as it stands, there are people making a big stink about us getting both (not naming names here). Although I want to get Pink Sweetlings, I'm not wanting the chance to get CB's of them. That would be just like people wanting to get another CB because they froze one of their CB's. As I mentioned before, I don't consider myself "lucky" getting an Alt just because I was a "victim of circumstance". Again, if TJ was putting into effect every time that someone lost an egg because of a glitch as he did back then for us when we lost our Alt Sweetlings that people got Alts how much MORE of a stink that it would be? Take again the Lagmonster situations that have happened in the past, or what happened a previous Halloween, as OMGitsKairi said. People would be complaining about people getting those Alts as well, which would cause even MORE drama.

I tend to avoid the forums nowadays because of things like this. I only come on now to check to see when new dragons are released and when I can start breeding my holidays. I don't come on for drama at all.

31 minutes ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

Because, as it stands, there are people making a big stink about us getting both (not naming names here). Although I want to get Pink Sweetlings, I'm not wanting the chance to get CB's of them. That would be just like people wanting to get another CB because they froze one of their CB's. As I mentioned before, I don't consider myself "lucky" getting an Alt just because I was a "victim of circumstance". Again, if TJ was putting into effect every time that someone lost an egg because of a glitch as he did back then for us when we lost our Alt Sweetlings that people got Alts how much MORE of a stink that it would be? Take again the Lagmonster situations that have happened in the past, or what happened a previous Halloween, as OMGitsKairi said. People would be complaining about people getting those Alts as well, which would cause even MORE drama.

I tend to avoid the forums nowadays because of things like this. I only come on now to check to see when new dragons are released and when I can start breeding my holidays. I don't come on for drama at all.

Are you aware that you can actually get a CB Pink right now if you release one of your alts? Whether you want to or not, you have that ability now. So that's kind of also part of this for that reason.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Are you aware that you can actually get a CB Pink right now if you release one of your alts? Whether you want to or not, you have that ability now. So that's kind of also part of this for that reason.

Yea, I KNOW I can get a CB regular Sweetling, but again, that would mean abandoning one of my two CB's that I've had for so long. I don't want to do that. As I mentioned before, I'm happy to get bred Pinks rather than CB ones.

If they had it where we couldn't get CB regular Pinks, I'd be happy. Enough said.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

I see how overjoyed people were about catching old CB holidays-- even Hollies, what a baseless dream that would've been years ago. Lineages thought near impossible are now being made, 2nd gens spread about. Bright pinks and Frills make a return, and even if they're not my personal top favorites, I am happy to see so many others happy to finally get their chance to own them. To make lineages, and plans, and name them silly things, and freeze cute hatchling sprites, and enjoy collecting them just because they like them. 

I'd like to see alt Sweetlings become available to the general populace. My favorite ideas so far are the BSA, breeding by day/night, or having them act as a different 'breed' for new limits. Ideally, the fewest current lineages ruined, the better. I'd like to see people creating fun new lineages, and cherishing their favorite sprites, and enjoying themselves... and not left wishing they had been a victim of a glitch that happened eight years ago. I'd like to see both sides (and how I loathe that it's even divided as such) be happy with blacks and pinks and able to collect and enjoy the sprites they love most.

I guess I'm just a radical thinker too.

This. I agree.

Holidays are now 1200% more holidays - with joy and happiness all around, with no "so special so rare" dragons anymore, with anyone being able to build practically any holiday lineage. Yes, there are Snow Angels wings colours, but they hardly count as alts - these dragons are spread pretty evenly between the site users (like 1\3 white, 1\3 gold, 1\3 coloured), even now, with more Snow Angels released for Christmas 2017. Black Sweetlings, though... they've always been a rare sight.

I'd love to have one. I'd love to have an option for every player to get one or two. Don't really care how - by the Holiday biome, by the BSA, by some other matter... (The best option will be for people to be able to obtain CB alts though I think, not only the bred ones.) Why not? We already have Hollies.

2 minutes ago, laertid said:

This. I agree.

Holidays are now 1200% more holidays - with joy and happiness all around, with no "so special so rare" dragons anymore, with anyone being able to build practically any holiday lineage. Yes, there are Snow Angels wings colours, but they hardly count as alts - these dragons are spread pretty evenly between the site users (like 1\3 white, 1\3 gold, 1\3 coloured), even now, with more Snow Angels released for Christmas 2017. Black Sweetlings, though... they've always been a rare sight.

I'd love to have one. I'd love to have an option for every player to get one or two. Don't really care how - by the Holiday biome, by the BSA, by some other matter... (The best option will be for people to be able to obtain CB alts though I think, not only the bred ones.) Why not? We already have Hollies.

Well, let me ask you this. If you had a dragon lost because of some Glitch (be it the 2008 glitch that everyone's making a stink about or otherwise) and you got gifted a special alt version of the said dragon, how would you feel if sometime later, someone said, "nah. We all want that, so make it a CB."? As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't mind if people got the chance for the Alts, but I feel that they should get the chance for them as bred versions and not CB versions so that those who were affected by the glitch and were given them in the first place would not feel like they were getting the shaft because we don't have four CB's, or if you prefer, releasing one of our CB Alts just to get a CB Pink.

1 hour ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

If it hadn't happened, how many of those people do you think would've stayed afterwards knowing they missed out on what they thought was to never get CB Sweetlings again? I've gone several years now not having a few of the CB's myself and was okay with them not having them, so I was pleasantly surprised when TJ implemented the change.

While I know a lot of people still do want Alt Sweetlings, if there is the way for people to get them and let us who were given the caveborns as the apology for what happened back then keep ours, I'm all for it, but what I really want to see is for this drama to end. It's taking what should be a fun holiday season and making it where people don't want to participate.

This right here is something I can very well side with.

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

Again the sweetling alt was made SPECIFICALLY by Kila. By my understanding it was to be her Spriter's alt. SHE went to TJ and offered to give her alt to those who were affected as an apology. He accepted the offer and agreed.

Another point that I think should be made more aware. 

1 hour ago, Starscream said:

And I'll make a proper comment to this, as well as the other two, in a bit. 

As someone who has Pink Sweetlings, I'm extremely grateful to just have the chance to catch a CB pair of the handsome boys because let's be honest- TJ didn't have to give us this kind of opportunity, especially after the little drama the new Holiday biomes have presented since its first release in October. Just can't please everyone unfortunately. Now, do I fancy the alt Sweetlings? By all means yes and I would absolutely be thrilled at a chance to have a black one but I know that won't be possible. Sure I'm a little bummed that I won't have one but I'm perfectly content with my pretty pink ones. They're just as special to me since I missed their first release.

I think it was amazing for the spriter to give up her original alts considering she was under no obligation to do so, yet as an apology, she gave people special Sweetlings to make up for a mistake, which when thought upon, could have resulted in people missing CB Sweetlings altogether like Fenix had said. Back in the day I'm sure a glitch like that was a huge deal, so much so that the spriter felt the need to give those that lost something limited- a gift. It was generous and had nothing but kind intentions behind the act. And just as Starscream had stated- no one asked for these alts. It was a sweet surprise (totally pun intended) that people either fell in love with or wished to have the original, which is completely understandable considering they saw one thing and then were given another. In honest TJ and the spriter could have both been like "oh you lost your eggs to a glitch? sorry, not going to do anything about it" or could have just given them regular Sweetlings and that be the end of things. But none of those were the case. The spriter took the glitch personally enough to give back and then some to make up for something that wasn't even in her control. That shows that she cared enough about you guys to do something special and I think that decision was absolutely wonderful. 

Now as far as this whole debate goes, I feel the system should be reverted back to the way it was. So many people have made beautiful checkers with their alternating Sweetling lines and it makes me sad that users can no longer continue them due to the recent change. I feel the system was just dandy before (alt scrolls get alts, pinks get pinks) and just allow it to remain that way. Now that alt scrolls can get both pink and black Sweetlings it does sort of sadden me since I'll never have that chance to see both on my scroll. In regards to that situation, if any change should be made, I suggest first that if any alt owner picks up a CB Sweetling that it too will alt. That way no one can have two different CB Sweetlings on their scroll since the vast majority is by default, stuck with just pink and I think they should still have the ability to obtain their second apology Sweetling (this is in regards to those that froze their second one as a hatchling due to breed limits). Another is for Sweetlings to breed true (alt Sweetlings produce alts no matter the scroll, pinks produce pinks no matter the scroll) or as I stated earlier, just resort it back to scroll based since that's what's been done for years now. The latter allows any scroll to obtain both sprites without changing the original ones and makes it somewhat more 'fair' considering one- no one will have two different colored CB Sweetlings and two, will allow users to obtain both variants without much fuss. 

Personally I still much prefer the original method be placed back in because like I said, many users have gone by that method for years and I personally feel that it never really needed to be changed. By all accounts I do not agree with alt owners having their alts taken away. Those are special gifts that users have grown deeply attached to and I'd hate to see the beauties be taken away. 

I also do not agree with the BSA of CB Sweetlings or even time of hatching influencing if CB Sweetlings alt or not. Even though I deeply wish to have an alt and would love to side with it, I know that those pretties were not meant for me and I accept that. If everyone could change their Sweetling color with a BSA the apology alt Sweetlings would have been for nothing, would no longer be special and in turn, would lose their meaning and intention. Not only that but I'm pretty sure either TJ or the spriter doesn't want a mass of black Sweetlings to be released anyway aside from those who already own alts themselves, which is completely understandable. In my opinion most need to accept that they just weren't here at the right place and time and move on. I've never seen this as such a huge issue until now and its rather sad that there's so much drama yet again on Valentines. 

Another thing is that I feel that alt owners are becoming targeted or are receiving unwanted attention due to their alts and that's not okay. Its pushing users to hide their alts, just like with CB Prizes, and that too saddens me because of all the drama that people have towards their special babies. Some might even refuse to breed them anymore because of this and its just upsetting. People should not feel guilty for having something that they had no control over. They should enjoy their beautiful Sweetlings- not be harassed and berated because the spriter wanted to give them a rather heartfelt apology. I will say that I haven't seen any cases yet but I know that there might be some out there just like this and its not alright. 

Again- I have pink Sweetlings. I am perfectly content and happy with my lovely pink boys and everyone else should be too- just the same as the alt owners are content with theirs. For those who missed their original release and complain about the alts all I can say is that be thankful you even have a chance to get a CB Sweetling at all. This is all I will say on the matter, apologies if I sound a little blunt at times but I'm very upset that drama has to come around again at a time where it should be happy and light (of course nothing is perfect and you can't make everyone happy) but still. I felt my opinion should be heard and I hope to those that respond to this do so with an open mind. 

Edited by DarknessDragon197

I don't know if it helps at all to post an opinion that borders on indifference, but I'm going to do it anyway, if only to make it clear(er) that such opinions exist:

Background: I don't own a black sweetling. I do think they're prettier than the pink sweetlings, but not having them doesn't really bother me personally - much as it doesn't bother me personally that my scroll is locked to a particular kind of snow angel. Nonetheless, I was aghast at the initial decision of TJ's to retire the black sweetlings, because I know how dear they are to some people and am delighted he revised his decision, even though it doesn't affect me or even anyone I'm close to. I am even entirely pleased with the change he made afterward - from my perspective, it's only a minor change to the status quo, keeping the alt sprite exclusive to the alt sprite scrolls without excluding them (and their unfortunately shrinking community of potential breeders) from regular sweetling lineages. This lets those users partake in breeding projects they could previously not assist with - breeding projects that are valuable to a much larger population of users on Dragon Cave.

That said, I still would prefer a world where alt sweetlings are available to everyone on Dragon Cave to one where they are locked to certain scrolls (or disappear entirely). There are clearly several users that cherish the sprites but cannot get them and I get empathy pangs when I hear someone clearly in love with a sprite that can (selectively) breed true pine for them but having no avenue to work toward obtaining it. So (much like I would support solutions that make the various snow angel wing colours available to people that want them) I support making alt sweetlings available.

I would probably try to get alt sweetlings if they were available, for scroll completion, if I know my hypothetical future self any.

But I'm totally okay with it if I never do (e.g. because of Kila's wishes, if she has that position at this point in time, or any other reason, really).

Similarly, I'm totally okay with that the alt sweetling folk aren't trapped in a perpetually shrinking sweetling breeding sub-community (though I do observe that it's upset some people, which gives me some pause, and I thus hope that perhaps a better solution exists).

I'm pretty much with Nine on this. I think making alt sweetlings available would increase the average Valentine breeding happiness levels - perhaps not by very much, but in my mind's eye it's enough that it'd be a worthwhile change.

15 minutes ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

Well, let me ask you this. If you had a dragon lost because of some Glitch (be it the 2008 glitch that everyone's making a stink about or otherwise) and you got gifted a special alt version of the said dragon, how would you feel if sometime later, someone said, "nah. We all want that, so make it a CB."? As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't mind if people got the chance for the Alts, but I feel that they should get the chance for them as bred versions and not CB versions so that those who were affected by the glitch and were given them in the first place would not feel like they were getting the shaft because we don't have four CB's, or if you prefer, releasing one of our CB Alts just to get a CB Pink.

For what it's worth, I may or may not be an anomaly, but in that situation I'd almost surely be delighted for the idea that others can get the sprite as well, really, and build lineages from scratch with them. I personally don't want to have an exclusive (or near-exclusive, as is the case), unless I somehow worked hard for it (and probably not even then). (If you're wondering, I am indeed also in favour of CB prizes being made even more available than they currently are, for example, although as with many things, I am also fine with the status quo there.)

Keeping the CBs exclusive would be totally okay for me, mind you - even just allowing bred sweetlings to be alt sweetlings would be a great improvement. But it's also true that I do slightly prefer a world where CB alt sweetlings are available to all to a world where only bred alt sweetlings are available - and I prefer both to a world where neither are available.

1 minute ago, pinkgothic said:

For what it's worth, I may or may not be an anomaly, but in that situation I'd almost surely be delighted for the idea that others can get the sprite as well, really, and build lineages from scratch with them. I personally don't want to have an exclusive (or near-exclusive, as is the case), unless I somehow worked hard for it (and probably not even then). (If you're wondering, I am indeed also in favour of CB prizes being made even more available than they currently are, for example, although as with many things, I am also fine with the status quo there.)

Keeping the CBs exclusive would be totally okay for me, mind you - even just allowing bred sweetlings to be alt sweetlings would be a great improvement. But it's also true that I do slightly prefer a world where CB alt sweetlings are available to all to a world where only bred alt sweetlings are available - and I prefer both to a world where neither are available.

True, but try to look at it from our perspective as well. If a CB Alt Dragon that you were given as apology was suddenly made available to people who didn't have the same thing affect them, how would it make you feel? Would you feel like yours were special anymore, or would it seem like it was just a slap in the face to you? For me, making them CB would be a slap in the face to the ones who lost our original CB Sweetlings because of the glitch while allowing those who got to keep their CB Sweetlings to get something that only some of us had, and that's what's ticking me off about the whole "Wah! We want our CB Alt Sweetlings too!" cry. If they were just made where you could only get them as bred Alts from those same Alt Sweetlings, or some down the line (like for instance, I also have a second gen as well as a third and fourth gen Alt Sweetling) for the rest of everyone, they would be fair, because people who still had Alts that were CB because of the original glitch would still have them, yet everyone who didn't get them would still get a chance because there would be ones who had the CB's, 2G's, 3G's, 4G's, 5G's, ect, who could breed them for people so they could also get Alts as well. That in my opinion would be the best solution here.

However, you also have to note that the ultimate decision is NOT made by us but rather by TJ and Kila. Keep this in mind.

34 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

As someone who has Pink Sweetlings *snips*

Some might even refuse to breed them anymore because of this and its just upsetting.

I have to say, you were most eloquent.

And sadly this line is probably close to true, I have spoken to a few owners who are considering no longer breeding them. I retired mine before last valentines, for a number of reasons including being hassled for them. The whole fire-storms that surround these alts is very off putting.

I am trying to get in contact with Kila.

But thank for understanding and putting it so clearly and thoughtfully.

I am so tired of this recurring nightmare. It messes up every Valentine's event. It is hurtful. No matter how I point out that I have bred for free, and gift to whoever takes the trouble to ask, still I am accused of taking advantage, of having a "cash cow" and on and on.

Since TJ said that Alt Sweetlings will not get wider distribution, it seems that the only way to "level the playing field" will be to make all Sweetlings pink. That will NOT make me happy, but if it is the only way to stop all the accusations and ill feeling I would accept it if that was TJ's answer to this mess. Right now, I wish I never found this game, I wish I had just quit when my Sweetlings disappeared from my scroll.

43 minutes ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

True, but try to look at it from our perspective as well. If a CB Alt Dragon that you were given as apology was suddenly made available to people who didn't have the same thing affect them, how would it make you feel? Would you feel like yours were special anymore, or would it seem like it was just a slap in the face to you?

But that's exactly the perspective I was talking about. :) I do totally understand you feel differently about it, but you were/are asking how I(/others) would feel - and having others get the same digital gift at a later date would not at all cheapen the initial gift for me. It would not feel like a slap in the face; rather, I'd be relieved that others get the same opportunities.

I was really, really glad that CB holidays were reintroduced, for example - I thought it was e.g. a shame I had CB shadow walkers when others that came to the site later wanted them badly and could not obtain them regardless how much effort they invested. Now they can have them; and that's such a great benefit from my perspective that it's made me come back to playing Dragon Cave with increased vigour (I was withdrawing, previously). And while I'm not very keen on Hollies, I was ecstatic to see that people could finally get them.

Those weren't gifts, but they were exclusives.

The closest I've come to being bummed about availability changes are that I managed to get a 2G Thuwed once and traded it away for a 2G shimmerscale IOU that still hasn't seen the light of day - by now the person I made the trade for has a CB shimmerscale of her own, and, well, the Thuwed breeding list appears to possibly have been retired completely, so...! XD Bad luck. But that's really all it feels like? I mean, I'm a bit bummed I 'lost' the Thuwed (it was a nice combo), but nonetheless really super glad shimmerscales are a bit more available now and trades like that hopefully no longer necessary - and the owner of the scroll I was doing the trade for is much happier now, which was my original goal.

Again, though, that's not a gift - but I don't think I would treat gifts that were given to a subset of the Dragon Cave community any differently? I might be modelling my own thought processes wrong, it is a hypothetical, but I'm extrapolating from my feelings so far and I do think I'd be OK with it.

To clarify: That doesn't change your feelings, and it likely shouldn't! But I hope it makes it plausible that not everyone who is in this discussion is meaning "make CBs available" as a slap in the face in any way - we all try to model other people by our own personality first and foremost, and so when I for example imagine a world where CB alt sweetlings are made available, I'm mostly doing it with the hope that most people affected by the change would feel like I do. I'm not in support of it because I want to trash your trophy. <3 I'd suggest a badge as compensation, but I'm reasonably sure that's not likely to fill the same emotional niche - that would probably be a slap in the face (correct me if I'm wrong).

And if I'm just simply wrong about the dominant mindset amongst alt sweetling owners (it's a shame there's no way to reliably poll all of them), then I'm (as previously indicated) totally OK with things staying as they are - and definitely OK with CBs staying exclusives and bred ones becoming available, which is an obvious win/win possibility.

[ Edit: To clarify, since it's cropped up in some of the following posts as a mention, I don't at all support taking alt sweetlings away from the people who already have them. That's not acceptable for me in any hypothetical universe and I hope no one seriously wants to punish alt owners that way. Like Nine said, many people obviously enjoy alt sweetling lineages a lot, and to have that invalidated in one fell swoop strikes me as incredibly cruel. ]

Edited by pinkgothic

8 minutes ago, raindear said:

I am so tired of this recurring nightmare. It messes up every Valentine's event. It is hurtful. No matter how I point out that I have bred for free, and gift to whoever takes the trouble to ask, still I am accused of taking advantage, of having a "cash cow" and on and on.

Since TJ said that Alt Sweetlings will not get wider distribution, it seems that the only way to "level the playing field" will be to make all Sweetlings pink. That will NOT make me happy, but if it is the only way to stop all the accusations and ill feeling I would accept it if that was TJ's answer to this mess. Right now, I wish I never found this game, I wish I had just quit when my Sweetlings disappeared from my scroll.

In some ways I agree with you. I found this game back then to have fun. When the Sweetling Glitch happened, I was devistated and almost gave up right then, as likely others would've done as well, but TJ and Kila stepped in to help us with the Alt Sweetlings. However, that one gesture to apologize to us has left us in the bulls-eye of others who weren't there at the right time for it to happen to them, and I hate this time of the year more and more every year.

9 minutes ago, raindear said:

So much this. I agree with everything raindear just said.

7 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

So much this. I agree with everything raindear just said.

as much as I would dislike it, It sure as the pit level it. It seems to be what they want. Every year this happens and every year I don't want to breed my dragons. So off putting.

1 minute ago, Starscream said:

I have to say, you were most eloquent.

And sadly this line is probably close to true, I have spoken to a few owners who are considering no longer breeding them. I retired mine before last valentines, for a number of reasons including being hassled for them. The whole fire-storms that surround these alts is very off putting.

I am trying to get in contact with Kila.

But thank for understanding and putting it so clearly and thoughtfully.

I'm terrible sorry you had to retire your boys, and I appreciate your words. Its a most unfortunate case and I certainly respect yours as well as other users' decisions to retire their Sweetlings. People shouldn't be pressured to bred them or be harassed for something that was out of their control. 

I've talked with alt owners myself and the case is unfortunately true for a good few, its just not right for people to be pressured or harassed for such things. Even when I ask an alt owner for a breed request I apologize for my inconvenience before hand because I feel so many send them messages anyway and I don't want to be another trouble or issue for them. 

I certainly appreciate you contacting her, I feel her input is vital for what she wants done specifically for the Sweetlings. I can't even imagine how she must feel in regards to this situation. I really hope she doesn't take the alts away from you guys, I'm not even sure what to think if that were to happen. 

It's no trouble at all. I've been watching the drama for a few days now and I finally felt I had the thoughts and opinion needed to make a proper statement. Now if anyone is curious, I actually do favor the alts more than the pinks but like I said my pink boys are handsome and precious the way they are. I love to see both sides of an argument but a lot of things have just gotten out of hand that I had to make my opinion stated and clear. I'm glad you and many others appreciate what I've had to say. 

I've read everything up to now on both, this thread & the main event one. I would like to offer my thoughts & possible solution: 

I've always understood why artists' alt dragons were exclusive to them: they did a job of making a new dragon for all to enjoy & thus it's only fair for them to get payment. Now, Alt-Sweets we're given...because some got a glitch that made their eggs go "poof!" (& for some reason couldn't get pink Sweets as replacement??). But! Alts & Sweets variations were scroll locked, that was fine! Many had Pinks some had Alts. Ok good. BOTH the Sweets were special this way! (How it originally was).

But now...oh the ones with Alts can now have both AND make cool new lineages while everyone else just has Pink & the Pink's value is lowered. Well, honestly it's easy to see why many are upset. 

Solutions from the previous long post are great but I think the best thing to do is:

1. Return it how it was (scroll locked).

2. They breed true regardless of scroll. This way people can trade & have a chance at getting some 2nd gens and Alt owners can get pink 2nd gens.

3. The reason I think this is being debated so much is because unlike the "other exclusives", the Sweets were given randomly & not because some sort of contest or achievement and then we've never had other incidents like it or other chances to get some other Alts (plus, now they can have both variations of colours). So another solution (that would keep things as is now + letting Alt owners get Pinks) might be to have "Holiday Alt Events" (doesn't have to be every holiday) where people have chances of getting an Alt of that holidays dragon (+ able to get the common colour & the Alt would not be the Spriter's alt).

Edit: I know 3rd "solution" I wrote might not be the preferred but it's just a suggestion & would like thoughts on that. n.n Also, I in no way have anything against Alt owners. These are just my views on the matter.

PS. Even tho I've been here since 08, I did not know the Sweet Alts were scroll locked & always thought I had a chance at getting one from an egg randomly, oops lol Anyways, I'm enjoying the new holiday biomes! Finally got a CB Sweet yesterday, ^_^waiting to be unlocked to get others.

Edited by DarkFluffDragon